• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| September 2017 | 25 Years of wearing a smile to work!

Mafro

Black Panther #18 - Not bad. Nice to see
Klaw
again and I like where this is going.

Thanos #11 - This has been my favourite Marel comic since Ultimates got dragged into event crossover hell, but this was a complete nothing issue consisting of one long fight scene and that's it. Just pure padding

Infamous Iron Man #12 - Terrible finale to a series that started off pretty strongly before getting worse and worse topped off by the dumb bait-and-switch plot twist a few issues ago. 70% of this issue was just Mephisto breaking the fourth wall with a snarky monologue to the readers. What? And now I have to buy Invincible Iron Man to find out what happens next. Nah.

Marvel Legacy - Wasn't expecting anything more than a Point One issue and that's basically what it was.
The 10,000 BC Avengers stuff was cool as expected and if Aaron isn't on Avengers after Waid I'll be so pissed off.
Wolverine literally smashing back into continuity in a beer truck was fucking great. Glad to have him back.
Was that the same Starbrand from Hickman's run? Why is he suddenly hell-bent on killing Ghost Rider?
The Avengers new mystery member on the statue with the classic line-up. Meh, can't wait for Waid's run to end.
Not getting excited over any Fantastic Four teases.
Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda holy shit.

VanWinkle

Metal consist of Dark Days, Metal, the Dark Multiverse Batman one-shots, Gotham Resistance, Bats Out of Hell, Batman Lost, and Hawkman found. Don't know if all that's gonna be collected in one trade.

I'd guess Metal, Dark Days and the dark Multiverse books will make up the main hardcover, the rest in a backup book like the Joker death of the family book.

Metal plus one shots = 16 books (one HC)
Gotham Resistance plus Bats out of Hell = 8 books (one TPB)

Not sure about Hawkman.

Could be an omnibus.

Well I'm back from my few days work and gaf hiatus, I know, I know, I bet you missed my invaluable thread contribution of about 3 posts a week.

Thought Bubble con last weekend was great fun, theyve moved it to a new location in the centre of Leeds that I'm not entirely convinced about (too many random city centre shoppers to contend with) but still really enjoyed it. Managed to have quick chats with Brian Vaughan and Gabriel Walta while getting stuff signed, saw some fun talks by Vaughan and some of the young animal crew and picked up a few cool bits (I'll try and post a pic later when I'm home).

Walta really is a chatty dude, he was literally talking the people in his signing q through his Vision run page by page, showing off all the extra details and easter eggs he added. He was actually shouting out to the q stuff like "Anyone got an issue 6, so I can show you this page?"

Only bad part was trying to get a print back home on a packed train without bending it.

Well I'm back from my few days work and gaf hiatus, I know, I know, I bet you missed my invaluable thread contribution of about 3 posts a week.

Thought Bubble con last weekend was great fun, theyve moved it to a new location in the centre of Leeds that I'm not entirely convinced about (too many random city centre shoppers to contend with) but still really enjoyed it. Managed to have quick chats with Brian Vaughan and Gabriel Walta while getting stuff signed, saw some fun talks by Vaughan and some of the young animal crew and picked up a few cool bits (I'll try and post a pic later when I'm home).

Walta really is a chatty dude, he was literally talking the people in his signing q through his Vision run page by page, showing off all the extra details and easter eggs he added. He was actually shouting out to the q stuff like "Anyone got an issue 6, so I can show you this page?"

Only bad part was trying to get a print back home on a packed train without bending it.
Walta is great. Whenever Strip Panel Naked talks about Vision or one of his other works and tags him on twitter he’s there to answer questions etc. Kinda wish King, Jordie and him will do a mini or maxi series when MM is over.

Walta is great. Whenever Strip Panel Naked talks about Vision or one of his other works and tags him on twitter he’s there to answer questions etc. Kinda wish King, Jordie and him will do a mini or maxi series when MM is over.

Yeah he was really interesting, he was saying how he added that in the run whenever Virginia lies she puts her hand over her necklace. A lot of these things King didn't even tell him to do, he just wanted to add elements himself and told King after the run hoping he wouldn't get too mad ha.

A run with them all back together would be really good, though the work King's doing with Gerards at the moment as well is pretty awesome. We're getting two out of the three with Walta and Jordie on the new Dr Strange run soon.

Sandfox

Kinda skimmed Legacy and...I liked.

I don't care for the return, but the concepts etc laid out could make for some fun stories. I'm kinda hoping Marvel will give Aaron keys to the toyboox, to write a long-form epic in the way Hickman got to for 3/4 years. Because then I'd be hyped
That's apparently what's happening according to one of the interviews from this week.
So do we know about the Avengers Legacy line
We know about the crossover with Champions and the No Surrender storyline. The "current era" of Avengers will end with the latter.

Finished B&R Eternal. Really enjoyed it, though I feel like Dick and Jason got their asses kicked way too much. Especially Jason. Boy was like a piñata some times.
I was most shocked in Legacy how irrelevant the Avengers are/were

I mean, fine by me, but weird.
But at the same time, they were.
It was using the BC Avengers as a focal point, and focusing on their descendants while adding some extra stories. What I found most interesting was that it's not Thor that's moving to save the world, it's Loki.

Loki for next Avengers squad confirmed.

Malyse

Infamous Iron Man. What the fuck was that? I tend to like Bendis but this was awful. A three and a half page monologue in the middle of the climactic fight. Yeesh.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
You are gonna be waiting a while for a full edition me thinks. Like a year I'd guess.
Metal consist of Dark Days, Metal, the Dark Multiverse Batman one-shots, Gotham Resistance, Bats Out of Hell, Batman Lost, and Hawkman found. Don't know if all that's gonna be collected in one trade.
I'd guess Metal, Dark Days and the dark Multiverse books will make up the main hardcover, the rest in a backup book like the Joker death of the family book.
Metal plus one shots = 16 books (one HC)
Gotham Resistance plus Bats out of Hell = 8 books (one TPB)

Not sure about Hawkman.
I suspect it's going to be quite some time for an omnibus or anything of that sort. Amazon lists a hardcover, Dark Days: The Road to Metal, that includes Dark Days: The Forge, Dark Days: The Casting, Nightwing #17 and "stories from" Detective Comics #950. That doesn't even hit until May.

I suspect it's going to be quite some time for an omnibus or anything of that sort. Amazon lists a hardcover, Dark Days: The Road to Metal, that includes Dark Days: The Forge, Dark Days: The Casting, Nightwing #17 and "stories from" Detective Comics #950. That doesn't even hit until May.

99% sure an interview on Newsrama etc with Snyder said there'd be a collection including The Forge/The Casting, Metal and the Dark Days one shots. It'll probably be a while, but I suspect the base version will have The Forge/Casting in, and a Deluxe Hardcover will have everything else and be like £40

Edit: Might have been a tweet. Ether way it'll happen eventually. I was sure DC would do a Forever Evil Deluxe with the JL tie ins (since the Metal Men vs Grid was like the best part of that apart from "IT WAS MY MONSTER!") but that didn't happen, so I could be wrong :p

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
99% sure an interview on Newsrama etc with Snyder said there'd be a collection including The Forge/The Casting, Metal and the Dark Days one shots. It'll probably be a while, but I suspect the base version will have The Forge/Casting in, and a Deluxe Hardcover will have everything else and be like £40

Edit: Might have been a tweet. Ether way it'll happen eventually. I was sure DC would do a Forever Evil Deluxe with the JL tie ins (since the Metal Men vs Grid was like the best part of that apart from "IT WAS MY MONSTER!") but that didn't happen, so I could be wrong :p
Oh for sure, it'll happen eventually. I would unfortunately guess not until mid-2019 however. I think next year we'll get a series of hardcovers, The Road to Metal, the core Metal series, the one-shots, etc.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Marvel right now
uzyzdCk.gif

Murder Machine outselling Legacy is mind-boggling to me. But I read it after Legacy and it was the much better book. Holy God damn it was great.

Mafro

Infamous Iron Man. What the fuck was that? I tend to like Bendis but this was awful. A three and a half page monologue in the middle of the climactic fight. Yeesh.
I know, right? Absolutely bizarre.
Saw someone (Messi?) a few pages ago saying they started reading the series and were hoping it was building to something Fantastic Four related at the end and I felt so bad for them.

ElNarez

Banned
Van Sciver being a bit of a see you next tuesday really killed my love for his art on GL and the gatefold spread that ends Green Lantern #20. What's the setup on Dawnbreaker?

Immediately after his parents are killed, Batman gets a Green Lantern ring, and he's so angry he overwhelms its programming so he can kill people with it. He then becomes Angry Teen Batman With A Green Lantern Ring That Can Kill People, and, again, were it drawn by any other non-nazi artist, I'd be so into that you'd have to pry it from my hands.

The EU top 10:
1. Saga #47
2. Critical Role #1: Vox Machina Origins
3. Batman: The Murder Machine #1
4. Detective Comics #965
5. Marvel Legacy #1
6. Injustice 2 #25
7. Action Comics #988
8. Wonder Woman #31
9. Suicide Squad #26
10. The Flash #31

Top Bottom