• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2013. Ghosts in friendly, vengeful, and gentlemanly varieties!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sell me on Hinterkind, Comics-GAF. What's the deal?

On my end at least - preview looks real nice, and it looks exactly like the kind of comic my partner would love too. I don't know much about the writer, which is usually how I judge these things, but I love when I find a book me and the girlfriend can discuss together (they are few and far between, but there's a few). I got a last of us meets fantasy vibe.

EDIT: I know even less about him than I thought, I had him confused with someone else in my mind.

Sell me on Hinterkind, Comics-GAF. What's the deal?
I'm looking forward to it. That's all you need brah. I think it will be the Vertigo equivalent to Attack on Titan.

And Kelly Sue DeConnixk cannot write comics. That higher teaser be a fucking Miss Marvel promo, do not want her writing teen superheroes.

I'm looking forward to it. That's all you need brah. I think it will be the Vertigo equivalent to Attack on Titan.

So badly paced? Blows half it's budget on the first issue and then is a constant disappointment? Main character that you hate? Seems like a new and interesting take and then just becomes a mecha comic? ;)

ElNarez

Banned
So badly paced? Blows half it's budget on the first issue and then is a constant disappointment? Main character that you hate? Seems like a new and interesting take and then just becomes a mecha comic? ;)

Dang, son.

You forgot inconsistent characters that end up completely at odds with the direction the story is going in, nonsensical plot twists that seem to happen only to uphold a status quo in which everything is fucked forever, barely readable art, and plotholes large enough to drive a truck through? I mean, this should be a discussion for the manga thread, but every single twist post-anime is so goddamn ridiculous that I start hating myself for not seeing any of it coming.

Dang, son.

You forgot inconsistent characters that end up completely at odds with the direction the story is going in, nonsensical plot twists that seem to happen only to uphold a status quo in which everything is fucked forever, barely readable art, and plotholes large enough to drive a truck through? I mean, this should be a discussion for the manga thread, but every single twist post-anime is so goddamn ridiculous that I start hating myself for not seeing any of it coming.
Your crazy brah, especially about the art.

Got the new Wonderwoman & Batwoman volume 3 HCs through the post today. Doesn't beat the volume 1 cover, but damn, I like that WW cover.

Wonder+Woman+Volume+3+Iron.jpg

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
He shows up from time to time in different comics. Not a very used character though.

Thats a bummer. He is much more interesting than Morbius, so it is a shame they don't give Blade more comic appreciation.

Thats a bummer. He is much more interesting than Morbius, so it is a shame they don't give Blade more comic appreciation.
Did you really want to see Blade act homeless, eat a sandwhich, enter a turf war, search for clothes, talk to his first black person and eat a sandwhich like Morbius? God I have no idea what they were thinking with that book.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Did you really want to see Blade act homeless, eat a sandwhich, enter a turf war, search for clothes, talk to his first black person and eat a sandwhich like Morbius? God I have no idea what they were thinking with that book.

I wouldn't want that for any character. With Blade, they would have had more to work with than a Morbius that was always down in himself. I read the first three issues and abandoned it.

I wouldn't want that for any character. With Blade, they would have had more to work with than a Morbius that was always down in himself. I read the first three issues and abandoned it.
Come to think of it, Blade meeting his first black person would make a great story.

All New Marvel Now Again starts here!!! Stepping out of the darkness for the first time...

ElNarez

Banned
Your crazy brah, especially about the art.

Nah I'm serious the last bunch of reveals re-frames every previous bit of characterization that happened throughout the series, but instead of adding flavor, it removes bits of character dynamic that were the series' strength. I can't really go further because then we're balls deep in spoilers territory, but the further the show gets from the idea of a bunch of regular teens fighting seemingly insurmountable odds and inching closer and closer to victory using their wits and their gumption, the more bummed I get, and it gets very fucking far. (Mangas are comics too okay shut up this isn't off-topic)

Owzers

DCBS shipment arrived!

DC 3d covers are nicer than i expected, though i only ordered one ( Wonder Woman First Born)

Sex Criminals #1 was a great effort by Fraction, though the balance of the issue spent a little too much building upon the lead character's youth discovered masturbatory powers and not enough on the criminalling. Not sure if i'll continue, but the quality is there.

Eldren

Oh man, I'd be all over an
Ant-Man
comic drawn by Phil Noto. And Nathan Edmonson wrote Dancer, right? I heard that was really good. Del Mundo's covers are fantastic (I've not seen any of his interior work) and the only Zeb Wells book I've read - New Warriors with Skottie Young - was brilliant, so that's exciting too.

Only two weeks until Marvel stops with the incessant teasing and just gives us the information.

Atonement is almost certainly
Black Widow ongoing. She's the only movie Avenger without an ongoing right now.

As for Assassin,
it would suggest Silver Sable, but she's dead. Maybe it's platinum and it's actually Black Cat.

Oh man, I'd be all over an
Ant-Man
comic drawn by Phil Noto. And Nathan Edmonson wrote Dancer, right? I heard that was really good

Correct, not only did he do Dancer (with Nic Klein!), he also does write the activity, a brilliant ongoing at Image that I wish was a little more high profile, if not for their slow scheduling. I would be really excited to see him write a Black Widow/ Black Widow & Bucky book, not so interested in
Antman
. Not sure why that's a spoiler but I'll copy you haha I guess there must be a current thing going on that would make that awkward?

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with Endless Wartime. I'll write down my impression, but it isn't a good one. Overall it's medicore in my opinion. Well, I love the book cover and the hardcover is great, too.

Eldren

Correct, not only did he do Dancer (with Nic Klein!), he also does write the activity, a brilliant ongoing at Image that I wish was a little more high profile, if not for their slow scheduling. I would be really excited to see him write a Black Widow/ Black Widow & Bucky book, not so interested in
Antman
. Not sure why that's a spoiler but I'll copy you haha I guess there must be a current thing going on that would make that awkward?

Haha I was just coping BuddyJoe. I don't think it's really a spoiler. Regardless, Tetrax is more than likely correct. It would fit with Edmonson's body of work and Noto's drawn the character a few times. Could be good!

I like ViewtifulJC's idea of Elektra, that'd be cool.

frye

Yeah, Elektra would be my bet too.

Gonna be rad as heck until Wells fucks off for more Robot Chicken/it gets cancelled!

Vibranium

Banned

If Blade ever comes back he should come back with an updated version of his classic appearance, not based on the Wesley Snipes movie version (I have hope Marvel won't want anything to do with him after his prison sentence). They have Fake Fury for their "cool badass black guy" now anyways.

More teasers
Antman and Punisher?

Hopefully Punisher, but Assassin could also potentially point to Black Widow or Elektra. I like Wells so I'm hyped for either!

DCBS shipment arrived!

DC 3d covers are nicer than i expected, though i only ordered one ( Wonder Woman First Born)

Sex Criminals #1 was a great effort by Fraction, though the balance of the issue spent a little too much building upon the lead character's youth discovered masturbatory powers and not enough on the criminalling. Not sure if i'll continue, but the quality is there.

Mine came today too! :D

I've been picking up a few 3D covers throughout the month but I got Count Vertigo and Riddler today.

John Layman announced that he will be announcing a new DC project at NYCC.

My guess is he will be the new writer of The Flash.

John Layman announced that he will be announcing a new DC project at NYCC.

My guess is he will be the new writer of The Flash.
John Layman knows how to write with his hands tied. Being a former editor actually helps him. He is doing good work on Detective Comics when essentially he can't write freely with Snyder doin his thang.

And Marvel stop advertising artist, Allred is the only one with a shot of going over three issues. Sucks he is doing Silver Surfer, brah would be insane on AntMan....

Acid08

Banned
Makes sense that Marvel would try to push an Ant Man series, dat movie and all.

Assassin could be Black Widow or Bucky. Either would be awesome.

Owzers

11 issues into Uncanny X-Men and it shares the problem with All New X-Men, it's a pitch with no plot. It's somewhat fun, with nice artists, but it's empty of ideas.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
11 issues into Uncanny X-Men and it shares the problem with All New X-Men, it's a pitch with no plot. It's somewhat fun, with nice artists, but it's empty of ideas.

Basically everything in both books previous to BotA is building towards the event. The books should both have some direction after this event ends.

I am basing this on nothing other than what we've seen in solicits and a gut feeling but after BotA I believe that
the O5 will be leaving the Jean Grey School, and either strike out on their own or join with Scott's side. AND, Kitty is almost certainly going to leave the school to follow them; we've already seen the aftermath of BotA is that she's missing them, and an Uncanny cover shows her with the girls from Scott's side. So Bendis with have All-New and Uncanny to do his stories with the O5 and Team Scott, possibly together, while Aaron gets WatXM and the new Amazing series for Team Logan.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I am basing this on nothing other than what we've seen in solicits and a gut feeling but after BotA I believe that
the O5 will be leaving the Jean Grey School, and either strike out on their own or join with Scott's side. AND, Kitty is almost certainly going to leave the school to follow them; we've already seen the aftermath of BotA is that she's missing them, and an Uncanny cover shows her with the girls from Scott's side. So Bendis with have All-New and Uncanny to do his stories with the O5 and Team Scott, possibly together, while Aaron gets WatXM and the new Amazing series for Team Logan.

This is how I am thinking it'll go as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom