• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2014. Longshot and Domino are hogging all the four-leaf clovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
God damnit! I'm fucking done.

zGrft2Y.jpg

Cheska

Nope. This is just ridiculous. I haven't come across one person who actually enjoys this contrived piece of shit comic. Nocenti continues to destroy one of my favorite characters with her nonsense filled "storylines" and atrocious writing skills. Sorry girl, but find another book to fuck up. I had a glimmer of hope with the Gothopia issues, but not enough to want to keep her around.

Issue 29 was great, and good reflection to what Catwoman should be, but hey guess why that is? Because it wasn't written by Nocenti.

Seriously DC, what will it take to get a new creative team on board?

Messi

Nope. This is just ridiculous. I haven't come across one person who actually enjoys this contrived piece of shit comic. Nocenti continues to destroy one of my favorite characters with her nonsense filled "storylines" and atrocious writing skills. Sorry girl, but find another book to fuck up. I had a glimmer of hope with the Gothopia issues, but not enough to want to keep her around.

Issue 29 was great, and good reflection to what Catwoman should be, but hey guess why that is? Because it wasn't written by Nocenti.

What did you think of the Zero Year issue? I thought it was fantastic. Not suprisingly it was not written by Nocenti but John Layman. Every time someone writes a story for this book its great. But when Nocenti gets to do her thing it all falls apart.

Its nonsensical bullshit. Everything she writes is out of character and seemingly random.

tim1138

It will take people not buying the comic anymore.

Messi

This makes perfect sense right?

0c2ac67e103f11e398b222000aa80313_7.jpg

What the fuck is nocenti smoking. You know what, I am done talking about her. I am not going to talk about Ann Nocenti written comics anymore.

Cheska

What did you think of the Zero Year issue? I thought it was fantastic. Not suprisingly it was not written by Nocenti but John Layman. Every time someone writes a story for this book its great. But when Nocenti gets to do her thing it all falls apart.

Its nonsensical bullshit. Everything she writes is out of character and seemingly random.

Zero Year tie in was another example of the direction the Catwoman series should be taking.

It will take people not buying the comic anymore.
Well, count me as a -1 at this point. We'll get Messi to join us soon.

What's even sadder is when you look at monthly ratings and see how Catwoman came in at 87, and fantastic series like Lazarus, Rat Queens, Deadly Class, All Star Western all rank far below that.

Zero Year tie in was another example of the direction the Catwoman series should be taking.

What's even sadder is when you look at monthly ratings and see how Catwoman came in at 87, and fantastic series like Lazarus, Rat Queens, Deadly Class, All Star Western all rank far below that.

A lot of people are attached to the character that don't frequent forums like us to ridicule them for reading it.

The character won't stop existing. They'll give it another shot eventually. Subsidizing the creative floundering won't necessarily accelerate the arrival of a quality run of the character.
Pretty much, if it keeps selling then why would they change? There might be a gap with nothing but she's too big of a character to just kill off. That's not even a possibility.

A lot of people are attached to the character that don't frequent forums like us to ridicule them for reading it.

Pretty much. There's plenty of characters I like (but get a lot less spotlight) that I'd probably buy crap for a while just to see them in something but at least catwoman is popular so that won't happen.

Messi

chappelle-show-smh-o.gif

It's weird. She wrote Longshot, an incredible DaredevIL run. I don'T understand. I Mean, she even wrote the sUper graphic novel Someplace STrange with John Bolton. It's likE all the Data Is leaDIng to an Obvious conclusion but hell if I can figure it out.

Messi

It's weird. She wrote Longshot, an incredible DaredevIL run. I don'T understand. I Mean, she even wrote the sUper graphic novel Someplace STrange with John Bolton. It's likE all the Data Is leaDIng to an Obvious conclusion but hell if I can figure it out.

Hey now...

Dysun

Action Comics 30
Aquaman and the Others 1
Detective Comics 30 (Manapul art!)
Green Arrow 30

Captain America 19
Inhuman 1

Will buy the first Aquaman and the Others book out of morbid curiosity

frye

She's a creator who hasn't been particularly relevant since the 80s. She's probably thrilled to have work at this point.

She probably finds it fun but I doubt she was fiending for comics work before Harras called her - Nocenti probably has the most interesting post-comics career in the history of comics.

Messi

I'm telling you Messi, Daredevil #500. She can still go.

What annoys me most is the complete disregard she has for Selina as a character. She has her doing things that Selina would never do. It just feels like she is making up character traits as she goes alone. It also comes across like Selina has no end goal even if its something as basic as 'Get that money'. This doesnt feel like a Catwoman book when its written by Nocenti. It feels like a different character that happens to be drawn like Catwoman.

So what's the deal with this Anti-Venom guy? Eddie Brock found Jesus and now he does miracles?

Anti-Venom is just what the name says, he can actually take away Spider-man's powers. Which makes him a perfect tool to use in this story.

I really liked the Anti-Venom development, as Eddie Brock in the 90s was a bit of an anti-hero, a "Lethal Protector", and now he finally gets his big shot to save the day. And the church thing is something that's been part of his character since his first big story in ASM #300.

True but why do I get the feeling the book sells well.

Because people guilt-trip themselves into buying it because they like the character and want to see what happens in the story - even though it's going to be terrible. ;)

As soon as Nocenti is off the book, I'll start buying it.

Messi

Because people guilt-trip themselves into buying it because they like the character and want to see what happens in the story - even though it's going to be terrible. ;)

As soon as Nocenti is off the book, I'll start buying it.

I wish I could join you and I can assure you people are buying it based off loyalty to Catwoman and not Nocenti.

Loke13

This makes perfect sense right?

0c2ac67e103f11e398b222000aa80313_7.jpg

What the fuck is nocenti smoking. You know what, I am done talking about her. I am not going to talk about Ann Nocenti written comics anymore.
I don't know to much about Selina but what exactly is wrong here? And why is Nocenti crap?

I don't know to much about Selina but what exactly is wrong here?

Just about everything is wrong there. Why is Selina riding a horse? Why is she hanging out with a Princess? Why are all the animals wearing gas masks? Why are they riding horses up a winding stone staircase? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!?

Black Science #5
Starlight #2
Inhuman #1
Magneto #2
Punisher #4
Black Widow #5

Interested in Caliban. I will probably check it out. So much SF goodness this week.

Messi

I don't know to much about Selina but what exactly is wrong here? And why is Nocenti crap?

Just about everything is wrong there. Why is Selina riding a horse? Why is she hanging out with a Princess? Why are all the animals wearing gas masks? Why are they riding horses up a winding stone staircase? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!?

They are also underground and that princess is made of fire and is always aflame. What part of that image screams Catwoman to you? Noncenti is crap because her writing is nonsensical and aimless. She just throws random shit at the wall and mashes it together. She is not writing a Catwoman book she is writing a generic dc superhero female book. It could be about anyone.

Biggest slap in the face was the #0 issue saying that Catwoman was not selina

Despite having universal unappeal on ComicGAF, Catwoman gets a lot of discussion here, Nocenti must be doing something right.

I apologize, it is me who keeps bringing it up. It just angers me more than anything else in comics and I am trying to reel in the discussion of Nocenti crap as I feel it is affecting others wanting to chat :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom