• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

Sandfox

The changes to Renew Your Vows is going to be interesting because Conway has already shown that he's willing to change a lot in this universe.

I got extra room.on my pull list for a line of books trying to decide between Valaint and Star Wars.

I like what I've read if Valaint si far, but I love star wars and want to keep up to date with Canon.

Trying to decide as today is the last day to take Advantge if the cmx code

What haven't you read from Valiant? or what have you read?

Finished The Amazing Screw-On Head and Other Curious Objects today. Really, really fun book. Mignola's whimsical sense of humor was on full display for Screw-On Head and it was such a great and absurd little story. I liked the other stories a lot too. Glad I picked it up.

Also started My Favorite Thing is Monsters and I'm very impressed by it. The presentation is just fantastic and I love the aesthetic and storytelling so far. The diary-like appearance makes it all feel so naive and authentic. Only, like, a fifth of the way in, but this is definitely one of the best things I've read this year.

Holy shit at this commission.

Also, final version of the Metal #1 cover:
1vsk9.jpg

BC: Could DC do legacy numbers on the big three this or next year?

Vic_Viper

Was the new Waid/Samnee Captain America book confirmed? Sites were talking about a rumored Cap book following SE by Waid until Coates takes over.

I would be all over that if it's half as good as their Daredevil!

Finished The Amazing Screw-On Head and Other Curious Objects today. Really, really fun book. Mignola's whimsical sense of humor was on full display for Screw-On Head and it was such a great and absurd little story. I liked the other stories a lot too. Glad I picked it up.

Haha okay, so what really got me in this collection was the magician and the snake! So that's what
those shapes were in Hellboy at the very end. Which is cool because that's one of the most metaphorical wtf is that things in the book. And you can kind of apply what the Magician says to Snake quite easily to Hellboy's life, about being remembered. What really kind of got my mind ticking though is if you apply those shapes and that little mythology literally to the plot, oppose to just the thematic ties. Those shapes went away and had to come back one day...and where they went, is where Hellboy finds his peace (and presumably where the magician will exchange places with upon his death). So at the very end of In Hell, it's getting lighter and lighter...if the shapes can go back, is the same true for Hellboy? Kind of makes me wonder if *that* is Mignola's out to bring HB back one day. He seeds that mythology of the magician & Snake in the background of In Hell too.
It's weird haha but it's food for thought. I kind of have thought tunnels that wind away when I think about those last two pages in the collection too, the little epilogue thing.

But then yea, just as an actual collection of stories, it's hilarious in a very tongue in cheek absurd way. I love the story about child Gung haha.

So no avoiding Legacy then.

Well, I mean, you could just not buy Marvel books. That's why Messi and I have banned Marvel books from future OTs. At least until they get their fucking act together.

I honestly don't think any arrangement of the Justice League to form the devil horns hand is going to look good. It was a lost cause to begin with.

At least Batman makes a very convincing thumb.

*continues to panic*

I'll post a Marvel Chronological Reading Order update in the July thread. I'm at 1500 issues read with the first Skrull/Kree War having taken place lately, and the return of Galactus. Happy times, Marvel fans!

*continues to panic*

I'll post a Marvel Chronological Reading Order update in the July thread. I'm at 1500 issues read with the first Skrull/Kree War having taken place lately, and the return of Galactus. Happy times, Marvel fans!

You don't realize how accurate this statement actually is.
The happy times for Marvel fans are all in the past. :3

*continues to panic*

Nice! Favorite book thus far? Any character you really hate and don't look forward to reading?

haha - ouch!

1970s are slow reading, or at least the way the reading order has bunched up the titles has made it slow. I can be reading an issue published anywhere from 1969-1972 at this point in the reading order. Roy Thomas is over worked, and over worded. That isn't a real phrase, but it sums up Roy Thomas. Guy writes comics as if he was writing a stage play. He does not trust his artist to convert his words into visual ques and emotions.

Nice! Favorite book thus far? Any character you really hate and don't look forward to reading?

The quick and easy for that one is:

Favourite: Spider-Man. Consistently the best book to read. I've read over 100 issues now, and I can count the bad ones on one hand.
Dread: Dare devil: On the other hand I can count the good DD books on one hand! I've stopped caring about DD, and skim through them unless something hooks me in then I go back and read it with care. That doesn't happen often.

*continues to panic*

Awesome! Been a while since the last update, looking forward to this.

Sandfox

haha - ouch!

1970s are slow reading, or at least the way the reading order has bunched up the titles has made it slow. I can be reading an issue published anywhere from 1969-1972 at this point in the reading order. Roy Thomas is over worked, and over worded. That isn't a real phrase, but it sums up Roy Thomas. Guy writes comics as if he was writing a stage play. He does not trust his artist to convert his words into visual ques and emotions.

The quick and easy for that one is:

Favourite: Spider-Man. Consistently the best book to read. I've read over 100 issues now, and I can count the bad ones on one hand.
Dread: Dare devil: On the other hand I can count the good DD books on one hand! I've stopped caring about DD, and skim through them unless something hooks me in then I go back and read it with care. That doesn't happen often.

You're getting close to Frank Miller Daredevil at least lol.

Messi

God dammit I told you to check your PMs this afternoon. You didn't tell me if you wanted the whole thing resized or just a panel.

I did check my pms, I said I got nothing from you.

The entire thing and I cant find that other image

edit: I found the image. just the footer then

Messi

Thread delayed due to creative differences. Apologies for this delay and we will get it fixed. Or freeza will be eliminated.

weshes195

Trying to catch up with comics (took a break). Currently reading the infamous Katana series (I sadly have the whole 10 issues I think, don't know why I bought them lol).

This is one of the worst pieces of garbage. No seriously, I have read many bad comics from Chuck Austen to Rob Liefeld and this is definately up there. Even the bloody covers don't care (issue 5 meantions Coil, yet the person on the cover and issue is Sickle).

Ann Noceti is one of the worst writers. Is she writing anything currently? Just curious lol The sad thing? I am planning on finishing Catwoman after this. It is the only way to read these, to quickly read some of the worst comics all together.

Messi

Trying to catch up with comics (took a break). Currently reading the infamous Katana series (I sadly have the whole 10 issues I think, don't know why I bought them lol).

This is one of the worst pieces of garbage. No seriously, I have read many bad comics from Chuck Austen to Rob Liefeld and this is definately up there. Even the bloody covers don't care (issue 5 meantions Coil, yet the person on the cover and issue is Sickle).

Ann Noceti is one of the worst writers. Is she writing anything currently? Just curious lol The sad thing? I am planning on finishing Catwoman after this. It is the only way to read these, to quickly read some of the worst comics all together.

This thread has quite the history with Nocenti. Catwoman was a rollercoaster of emotion for a certain member.

Queen Ann Nocenti is not currently doing anything comics related. She was touring with a documentary film last time I checked in.

m0JPKBZ.png

Katana and her Klarion runs were both trash. Catwoman was...something.

Top Bottom