• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

Pachimari

If I want to start on Miles Morales and see what all the fuss is about, and maybe get his origin, where do I start? Do I start with the Spider-Man (2016-) run which is currently on 17 issues, or the All New Ultimate Spider-Man (2011-2013) or Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man (2014-2015)?

Messi

If I want to start on Miles Morales and see what all the fuss is about, and maybe get his origin, where do I start? Do I start with the Spider-Man (2016-) run which is currently on 17 issues, or the All New Ultimate Spider-Man (2011-2013) or Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man (2014-2015)?

Spider-man 2011 forward

So this one for Miles Morales?

And this one for Peter Parker if I want to get back into Peter having grown up with the Amazing series?

Ultimate Spiderman (Peter) the second link is the start of Ultimate line. That link goes through the first Universe shattering (as in start of the fall of the Ultimate line) event. There is a second series between the two links that is still Peter which leads into the Miles link you posted but you have the correct starts for either character.

People say stuff all the time in interviews before the thing's come out. Remember how (Star Trek Into Darkness spoilers)
John Harrison was super definitely not Khan?

I'll respond with another question: what are the odds that you think anyone gives even remotely enough of a fuck to actually bother trying to misdirect?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I'll respond with another question: what are the odds that you think anyone gives even remotely enough of a fuck to actually bother trying to misdirect?

Are you saying that people don't care about the Inhumans? The greatest media franchise that Marvel has to offer? Well, I do declare.

Sandfox

DDl0b4PUMAAs7cd.jpg

Legacy numbers and story arc names.

EDIT:
Make Mine Marvel with MARVEL LEGACY
New York, NY—June 30, 2017 — You demanded it, we listened! Beginning this fall, prepare for an exciting new initiative that spans the entire Marvel Universe! Every hero! Every title! Every story! Honoring the past while proudly moving towards the future, MARVEL LEGACY will offer fans, both current and new, a renewed sense of hope, heroics, and dozens and dozens of returns of the heroes fans have been demanding! MARVEL LEGACY ushers in the next few years' worth of stories from Marvel with everything fans could want and more. You asked for it, and now is the time to Make Mine Marvel!
”I love the concept of returning to the classic characters as they were originally portrayed, without losing the brilliance and excitement of Marvel's newest generation of heroes," said Chairman Emeritus Stan Lee. ”Excelsior!"
Simply put MARVEL LEGACY will offer
·The most spectacular character returns
·Epic stories adding to the next chapter of the Marvel Universe by the industries' top talent
·Heroes fighting villains
·Clean jumping on points for all readers clearly displayed using dynamic new trade dress
·The return to original numbering for many series
·Did we mention the most spectacular character returns that comic fans have demanded
And that's just the beginning! It all starts with MARVEL LEGACY #1.
Journey to the dawn of time, as Marvel introduces you to the first Avengers from 1,000,000 BC – when iconic torch-bearers such as Odin, Iron Fist, Starbrand, Ghost Rider, Phoenix, Agamotto, and Black Panther come together for the startling origin of the Marvel Universe, in MARVEL LEGACY #1 on sale this September in comic shops everywhere!
”MARVEL LEGACY #1 isn't simply a history lesson," says SVP and Executive Editor Tom Brevoort. ”Rather, it's the starting gun to a bevy of mysteries, secrets, and revelations that will reverberate across the Marvel Universe in the weeks and months to come! No character, no franchise will be untouched by the game-changing events that play out across its pages. Jason and Esad pulled out all the stops to fat-pack this colossal issue with as much intrigue, action, surprise, mystery, shock, and adventure as possible!"
The acclaimed team of writer Jason Aaron (Mighty Thor) and artist Esad Ribic (Secret Wars) reunite for an all-new 50-page blockbuster one-shot that will take you through time to the current Marvel Universe, showing you how it's ”all connected." A true homage to Marvel's groundbreaking past and the vast expanse of current storytelling greats.
”MARVEL LEGACY #1 will present all fans – new readers and current readers – with an exciting and accessible entry point," says Marvel Editor in Chief Axel Alonso. ”Jason and Esad have crafted an epic story that's chock full of reveals and twists and Easter eggs that are sure to ignite a fire across the industry. The next stage of Marvel's evolution starts here."

MARVEL LEGACY #1 will provide
·The single most important first step for any fan to jumping into MARVEL LEGACY
·Shocks, twists, clues, and Easter eggs
·A blockbuster story that sets the stage for the coming years of Marvel storytelling
·The introduction of the 1,000,000 BC AVENGERS
·The most talked about return in comics
·A brilliant tale by the legendary team of Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic
·The set-up for 53 Marvel Universe series
·Those character returns you've asked for, many of them get cued up here

And there's still so much more to come, we've merely scratched the surface with a few words, a few teases, and a few dazzling quotes. Sit tight for in the coming weeks, there will be more exciting announcements devoted to MARVEL LEGACY featuring all the epic new entry level story arcs, the dynamic creative teams, the legacy numbering guides, the returns, the searches, the battles, the foes, dynamic new nostalgia based promotions guaranteed to drive all fans into comic shops. This fall, get ready to cheer MAKE MINE MARVEL!

shingi70

Banned
Oh yes back to Aw Shucks isn't my life so Hard Peter Parker, because marvel can't let Peter actually grow.

Now Miles is even more redudent.

You know what, fuck this company.

Sandfox

Things I noticed looking at the arc names:

-Bendis hinted that Tony would be returning in Iron Man 600 and I'm guessing Odinson Thor gets the hammer back in Mighty Thor 700

-Parker Industries is done

-RNV is seemingly having an 8 year time skip which means Annie is now 16.

-Astonishing could be referring to the return of Xavier unless Adam-X or X-Man are returning lol.

-It looks like the big Guardians story Duggan was talking about is starting with Legacy

-Beast joining up with the Uncanny Avengers to bro around with Wonder Man?

-The Champions/Avengers crossover teased in the first issue of Avengers is happening and there will also be a Blue/Gold X-Men crossover

-The press release says there will be 53 series and I'm guessing the last one is going to be Captain America

At this point I'm expecting the returning character in the one-shot to be Hulk or Wolverine.

Oh yes back to Aw Shucks isn't my life so Hard Peter Parker, because marvel can't let Peter actually grow.

Now Miles is even more redudent.

You know what, fuck this company.
There's a difference between letting him grow and what Worldwide did to him. I'm glad this is happening because he's not really Spider-Man right now.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I love when People read a few lines on a poster and exactly know how good or bad its going to be.

Anyway. 8 year skip for RYV can make a good Not-Mayday-Parker book. Hope Peter stops beeing Spider-Man

ElNarez

Banned
Things to come in Marvel Legacy:
-Comic books!
-That guy, from the movie!
-No poison!
-A really neat hat!
-Helicopter rides!
-Numbers like you wouldn't believe!

"Yeah sure I'll give a quote for the press release who gives a fuck", said STAN LEE, after we gave him a pack of cigarettes

AND DID WE MENTION IT'S A COMIC?????

shingi70

Banned
Things I noticed looking at the arc names:

-Bendis hinted that Tony would be returning in Iron Man 600 and I'm guessing Odinson Thor gets the hammer back in Mighty Thor 700

-Parker Industries is done

-RNV is seemingly having an 8 year time skip which means Annie is now 16.

-Astonishing could be referring to the return of Xavier unless Adam-X or X-Man are returning lol.

-It looks like the big Guardians story Duggan was talking about is starting with Legacy

-Beast joining up with the Uncanny Avengers to bro around with Wonder Man?

-The Champions/Avengers crossover teased in the first issue of Avengers is happening and there will also be a Blue/Gold X-Men crossover

-The press release says there will be 53 series and I'm guessing the last one is going to be Captain America

At this point I'm expecting the returning character in the one-shot to be Hulk or Wolverine.

There's a difference between letting him grow and what Worldwide did to him. I'm glad this is happening because he's not really Spider-Man right now.

But wasn't that idea, that we see Peter at the height of his potential while Miles is the traditional Spider-man.

Sandfox

But wasn't that idea, that we see Peter at the height of his potential while Miles is the traditional Spider-man.

The problem with that though is that Peter changed too much and he's not recognizable in his current role. I like Miles, but he's not Peter.

I don't want Peter to go back to the Bugle or anything , but I don't like where Worldwide took him.

shingi70

Banned
The problem with that though is that Peter changed too much and he's not recognizable in his current role. I like Miles, but he's not Peter.

I don't want Peter to go back to the Bugle or anything , but I don't like where Worldwide took him.

The best lost high school career for Peter was when he was a science teacher. I felt it was a natural progression for Peter as a person.

Remembered to use that comixology 20 off 30 to get future quest and mother panic and a couple singles.

Comics is good

*looks at comics twitter*

Neeeeevermind

A brown man lynched, with a bleeding wound where his penis used to be and a racist slur on the badge he's wearing. You don't need to see it.
Didn't see the cover but *did* see Brandon Graham be even more dense and pig headed about it than when that last Island cover dropped.

shingi70

Banned
I got extra room.on my pull list for a line of books trying to decide between Valaint and Star Wars.

I like what I've read if Valaint si far, but I love star wars and want to keep up to date with Canon.

Trying to decide as today is the last day to take Advantge if the cmx code

Top Bottom