• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I wish. Dude isn't even allowed on Web Warriors. :(

Dude I think alt accounts get you banned on GAF, you should edit that
All I wanted to be as a kid was this:
3125396-ben_reilly_by_balla_bdog.jpg
Half-hobo, half-spider.

Tim can vouch for this.

Messi

Is Kickstarter not an option for him? I'd donate to that one. At least enough $$$ to get one as a reward.

He doesn't want to do crowdfunding for his books so I imagine this is the same deal. It is just him thinking out loud at the moment due to the he-man stuff.

He deserves comic superstardom, tho.

Someone get him an inker. And an agent. Cant do it all without someone else getting you more interviews and exposure. Whats the highest selling book hes ever been on? You dont get to superstar status by going top cow exclusive as good as the books may be.

Messi

Someone get him an inker. And an agent. Cant do it all without someone else getting you more interviews and exposure. Whats the highest selling book hes ever been on? You dont get to superstar status by going top cow exclusive as good as the books may be.

I believe he just wants creative freedom that top cow offers and he just wants his boks to sell enough to make a living.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
It breaks my heart that you're probably right, but man, talk about an absolute dream statue. I would do anything to see that become reality.

And then some.

Also, hello thread.

Hey, welcome to the Anime OT!

Messi

It breaks my heart that you're probably right, but man, talk about an absolute dream statue. I would do anything to see that become reality.

And then some.

Also, hello thread.

Hello potential new friend. How do you feel about Harleen Quinzel?

Freeza, get the list ready just incase

Also, hello thread.

Hola, new person.

Yeah, the Top Cow thing confused me. He was on Rat Queens. Did the Top Cow thing have to do with a lighter workload so he could take it easy?

Messi

Hola, new person.

Yeah, the Top Cow thing confused me. He was on Rat Queens. Did the Top Cow thing have to do with a lighter workload so he could take it easy?

No its because 90% of his work comes from there. He does Loads of covers and stuff for them. He is drawing IXth Generation for them right now. He does lots of Aphrodite based spin offs. They also employ his wife and publish Sunstone/Death Vigil via Image. The Rat Queens stuff I assume came up via the top cow link plus he had be drawing Rat Queens fan art. He is also friends with Matt Hawkins. So he has a fair few reasons to stay.

Oh and even his Top Cow stuff has been delayed due to his health. IXth Generation #4 is only coming out this month. They said it was late due to him being real sick.

Messi

Has he said what specifically is wrong with him?

He ignored problems with his thyroid for months while taking on way too much work and some other personal family shit happened. He then found out the medication he had been taking for the thyroid was wrong and that it had been fucking with his liver. So essentially he has been layed up in bed unable to work. He says he goes through patches where he can get work done and the times where he cant do anything. This is why he isnt doing any pre comic con commissions. as someone who also has this problem I can tell you the thyroid is no fun.

His tablet and scanner both broke at the same time too lol and he had to get them replaced.

He spent time finishing up all the contracted work, of which I believe Rat Queens was part of and the Harley stuff so he could pay bills and now that the slate is clean he is back to doing his own shit.

TheStig88

Hello potential new friend. How do you feel about Harleen Quinzel?

Freeza, get the list ready just incase
I quite like her, but Selina has my heart I'm afraid. Though they both lose out to
Ally.
Please spare me the list, oh great Messi!

And thank you for the welcome peoples. I don't know how much I'll post seeing how I'm not all that much of a comic reader (though not for lack of interest, just never taken the time to figure out what I want to read or where to start), but after lurking for a while I find it quite comfy here.

Messi

I quite like her, but Selina has my heart I'm afraid. Though they both lose out to
Ally.

And thank you for the welcome peoples. I don't know how much I'll post seeing how I'm not all that much of a comic reader (though not for lack of interest, just never taken the time to figure out what I want to read or where to start), but after lurking for a while I find it quite comfy here.

You saved yourself by being #TeamAlly and not #TeamLisa. Which is also a great team but it lacks Allycat. Oh and don't worry. We don't read comics here either.

Paging RAFA. I seens this and thought of you. Dont do it brah :/

PIIahIp.png

NexusCell

Ally.

This may hurt my comic cred, but who exactly is
Ally
?

Messi

I think the key word there is repeatedly. Asking once should be fine. If she says no, move on. I think she's talking about creepers that keep coming back and asking again.

Hasn't rafa been in this place repeatedly lol. Maybe I am wrong.

Ok Rafa, ask once and then let it be.

He ain't ever gonna ask anyway.

edit: Ok, bedtime. Gotta power down and recharge the batteries.

TheStig88

You saved yourself by being #TeamAlly and not #TeamLisa. Which is also a great team but it lacks Allycat. Oh and don't worry. We don't read comics here either.
#TeamAlly is the only team for me, there was never any question. And I got that impression, but, you know, it felt rude to say anything being the new guy and all. Didn't want to disrupt your guys' not reading comics. I think I might just go against the current though and try though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Isn't Messi Spanish? What the fuck is he doing up at 4:30am? I'm at work so I have an excuse >_>

Owzers

Isn't Messi Spanish? What the fuck is he doing up at 4:30am? I'm at work so I have an excuse >_>

I don't think Messi is real, he's just in the internet. Instead of becoming an all-powerful a.i. the Messi Program got hooked on Girly Hijinx. I think it's like computer drugs.

Owzers

Hmmm comics-gaf can be a tricky place, i'm going to have to find a way to get the batmobile in here.

I can only stomach playing Arkham Knight for 20 minutes at a time.

I'm giving the Scream TV show a chance after watching the eight minute clip online, starting to feel it's a mistake.

Vyer

Hmmm comics-gaf can be a tricky place, i'm going to have to find a way to get the batmobile in here.

I can only stomach playing Arkham Knight for 20 minutes at a time.

I'm giving the Scream TV show a chance after watching the eight minute clip online, starting to feel it's a mistake.

anticipating MTV shows

in 2015

Hasn't rafa been in this place repeatedly lol. Maybe I am wrong.

Ok Rafa, ask once and then let it be.

He ain't ever gonna ask anyway.

edit: Ok, bedtime. Gotta power down and recharge the batteries.
No. I've just been building up the courage, plus the possible pregnancy scare. Thanks for muddying the water brah.....

Top Bottom