• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Messi

Doreen is my hero list:

Barb Wire 1
Bobs Burgers Vol 2 #1
Action Comics 42
Detective Comics 42
Chew 50
Deadly Class 14
We stand on guard 1
Wicked and the divine 12
Zero 18
A Force 2
Giant Size Lil Marvel 2
Future Imperfect 2
Groot 2
Guardians Team Up 7
Red Skull 1
Secret Wars 4
Secret Wars Journal 3
Ultimate End 3
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl 7
X-Tinction Agenda 2
Years of future past 2

Wicked and the Divine Vol 2
Autumlands Vol 1 (Tiger Boobies feels like such a long time ago now. We were so innocent)
Supreme Blue Rose TP
Guardians and X-Men Black Vortex HC
Runaways Complete Vol 4
Thor God Of Thunder Vol 2

Damn.

Zombine

Banned
I thought it was a bit stupid and ridiculous then I realized that it's probably for either legal reasons or moral reasons given what happened to Heath Ledger.

Ledger was headed down that path regardless of what character he played. Method acting had nothing to do with it. He was a drug addictic with a severe sleeping problem who was surrounded by enablers. This is just corny theatrical bullshit to drum up hype for the film exploiting Ledger's death because he "became the Joker and we won't let it happen again."

Hollywood bs to keep it 100%.

MG310

Archie number 1 has just a few variant covers.

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Archie+Vol+2+#1+Cover+A+R_1426743

Cover A Regular Fiona Staples Cover
Cover B Midtown Exclusive Cameron Stewart Variant Cover
Cover C DF Exclusive Jae Lee Variant Cover
Cover D Variant J Scott Campbell Cover
Cover E Variant Colleen Coover Cover
Cover F Variant Tania del Rio Cover
Cover G Variant Joe Eisma Cover
Cover H Variant Francesco Francavilla Cover
Cover I Variant Genevieve FT Cover
Cover J Variant Michael Gaydos Cover
Cover K Variant Sanford Greene Cover
Cover L Variant Robert Hack Cover
Cover M Variant Dean Haspiel Cover
Cover N Variant David Mack Cover
Cover O Variant Moritat Cover
Cover P Variant Mike Norton Cover
Cover Q Variant Jerry Ordway Cover
Cover R Variant Ramon Perez Cover
Cover S Variant Ron Salas Cover
Cover T Variant Greg Scott Cover
Cover U Variant T Rex Cover
Cover V Variant Brittney Williams Cover
Cover W Variant Chip Zdarsky Cover
Cover X Variant Blank Cover
Cover Y DF Exclusive Jae Lee Variant Cover With Bonus Book
Cover Z DF Exclusive Jae Lee Variant Cover Signed By Mark Waid
Cover Z-A DF Exclusive Jae Lee Variant Cover Gold Elite Signature Series Signed By Mark Waid

MG310

Off that they didn't get Erica Henderson in there considering she is doing Jughead.

There might be retailer exlcusives that are missing from that list.

EDIT: She has one for issue 2

Archie2HendersonVar-666x1024.jpg

Owzers

no rain, but i apparently the resurfacing of the courts we play at means we can't play there until July 13th which is crappppp. I went to the other courts but no one was there from the regular drop-in people. There were three people playing and i debated asking to join but that would require talking to people i don't know AND they looked a lot younger than me AND i didn't want to play on clay.

Team Can't Win. I'm going to watch that MTV Scream tv show tonight and really seal the failure deal.

Cade

man I thought the playstation e3 experience batman skin was flashpoint, but that's in the season pass
it's earth 2

shiiit
at least it looks pretty sweet:
P768NgQ.jpg

and I have a spare if anyone of you PS4 bat-fans wants it

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
It stopped raining here, Kipp. At least we pushed back the Devastating Wildfire Deadline back like 5 minutes.

Yeah, here too... I see hints of blue skies. This is lame.
Well, it was nice to experience stormy weather for an hour at least.

And yeah, hopefully now we'll only get 4 wildfires within a week in a 25-mile radius this year instead of 5.

Got a 25% raise at work. New Baller-GAF member incoming but not really. Im just back to buying more comics

Whoa! Nice! Congratulations!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
If only it was that easy. The application process was through a clunky WB corporate portal, it was a bit of a pain in the ass.

It would have been the coolest job ever

I applied to this Marvel job in NYC which I was actually qualified for.
Alternate universe Kipp and Tim are working in NYC with DC and Marvel and living the dream. Well, until alternate universe Tim had to move to Burbank. And alternate universe Kipp probably got fed up with how expensive NYC was...
So maybe this reality is preferable after all.

man I thought the playstation e3 experience batman skin was flashpoint, but that's in the season pass
it's earth 2

shiiit
P768NgQ.jpg

Ehh. It would be a cool costume, but Batman just looks too scrawny.

Messi

it's earth 2

shiiit
P768NgQ.jpg

id love it

edit: beaten, oh well. Thanks for offering.

I applied to this Marvel job in NYC which I was actually qualified for.
Alternate universe Kipp and Tim are working in NYC with DC and Marvel and living the dream. Well, until alternate universe Tim had to move to Burbank. And alternate universe Kipp probably got fed up with how expensive NYC was...
So maybe this reality is preferable after all.
One of my friends actually interned at Marvel. She came out disillusioned. I can relate after these All New All Different Marvel leaks

Messi

earth 2 batman skipped everything day cause he still shoots people

sorry messi ;_;

This is a great mark of disrespect to me and my family and my heritage. I will not soon forget.

Freeza get my black list. I need to add somebody.

Zombine

Banned
One of my friends actually interned at Marvel. She came out disillusioned. I can relate after these All New All Different Marvel leaks

Interning at big companies is no joke. Regardless of how hard you bust your ass there's a slim chance of actually getting a job at the company. What it's good for is positive rep and references that'll get you into smaller companies.

Cade

wait im confused on the actual batman skin selector when you select earth 2 it says worn by thomas wayne

that's not right

who do i contact, my immersion is dead

Interning at big companies is no joke. Regardless of how hard you bust your ass there's a slim chance of actually getting a job at the company. What it's good for is positive rep and references that'll get you into smaller companies.

She was in the dept that put trades together. She does not have good things to say about the collection editor but she does say great things about Klaus Janson. She just felt she didnt come out of it knowing anymore about editing than she did going in.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So if one wanted to maybe buy some Saga, are there collections? Where in europe does one buy comics? Amazon or something?

She was in the dept that put trades together. She does not have good things to say about the collection editor but she does say great things about Klaus Janson. She just felt she didnt come out of it knowing anymore about editing than she did going in.

Seems like she's qualified for an editor-in-chief job, then.

Buy the big hardcover, Its is the first 3 volumes, 4th is in paperback. Best place for europe is Book Depository I suppose. But they are only ok.

http://www.bookdepository.com/Saga-1-Brian-Vaughan/9781632150783

That hardback is so hefty and such great quality. Makes the beautiful art pop more.
If it's anything like the other hardcovers I have from image, Invincible , sex crims, and chew, chats the way to go ! Such beautiful books, and saga is great !

Just a few. Some of those look like straight-up fanart. Did they go on tumblr all like "Hey there guy, wanna draw a variant cover for Archie #1?"

EDIT: She has one for issue 2

Can she draw people that don't look like squirrels / chipmunks?

it's earth 2

Pretty rad skin. How was that one available? I've been using the JL3000 skin, which is pretty badass.

Freeza get my black list. I need to add somebody.

Whoa, why does it always have to be about color?

Messi

Freeza can you add yourself to the list. I won't hear that kind of talk about Erica Henderson. Not when her book might be dead.

Yes but it has more pages than those. so it is slightly wider but it is the same quality level.

Awesome. I saw it at my LCS but I didn't flip through. I have the trades but I sort of want to double dip. Gonna read all my image books digitally from now on and just wait for the deluxe hardcover, seeing Lazarus, Saga, Manhattan Projects etc get them is making me jealous !
Any impressions on the books in the image CMX sale ? Basically that whole DC sale is gold, so it's easier to sort through but I don't know most of this image stuff.

Cade

Pretty rad skin. How was that one available? I've been using the JL3000 skin, which is pretty badass.

It was one of the gifts you got if you watched Sony's E3 conference in theaters. It'll probably show up to buy or in the season pass later. JL3K is such a good one, but I'll admit that I've used all of them except the WBPlay one so far since it won't let me reset my password.

skins are like 10% of my love for the batman games

Messi

Awesome. I saw it at my LCS but I didn't flip through. I have the trades but I sort of want to double dip. Gonna read all my image books digitally from now on and just wait for the deluxe hardcover, seeing Lazarus, Saga, Manhattan Projects etc get them is making me jealous !
Any impressions on the books in the image CMX sale ? Basically that whole DC sale is gold, so it's easier to sort through but I don't know most of this image stuff.

I read and enjoy :

Wytches
Descender
Fade Out
Wayward
Copperhead (I really enjoy this, I dont even know why lol)
Nameless
Pisces
Red One (its only 2 issues and has dodson art)
Rumble (another book with amazing art)
Run Love Kill
Southern Cross (Cloonan Art)
IXth Generation (but this requires a love of sejic and previous reading)

People here love

Bitch Planet but I only read the 1st ish. It didnt click with me but I am gonna get it in this sale.

This sale has great books imo.

Messi

I bought the one issue of All Star Superman that I truly enjoyed. #3 the one where
Lois is given superman powers for a day
. That issue filled me with complete joy from cover to cover. Shame the rest never clicked with me.

Top Bottom