• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Messi

Don't worry, Messi... I guarantee there's a reason she's "breaking bad" (maybe the Sinister Six are back and she's trying to infiltrate them / join?) and it won't last long.

DON'T BRING YOUR RATIONAL THINKING TO THIS CONVERSATION. I WILL CUT YOU.

How many of you who are excited by the silk cover actually read her solo book? Because this is a complete 180 on her character. She is not a scumbag in the slightest. It's almost as if it is a different person.

It could be a curveball

I'm still interested and I've been reading her solo since it launched

How many of you who are excited by the silk cover actually read her solo book? Because this is a complete 180 on her character. She is not a scumbag in the slightest. It's almost as if it is a different person.
Maybe she won't be a scumbag. She could be a clumsy villain or somethin. Maybe she's a villain to compete with other villains and beat them up. Basically a PG Dexter. Girl gottta eat.
I'll buy Sinister Silk day 1 if it's about an Otto Octavius trapped in Silk's body but unable to control her biological attraction to Peter Parker's pheromones.

Heck, i'd buy 10.

27xIvkU.gif

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Even better. Now I won't have to go pick up the back issues of her solo book. So I get a more interesting character and I save money. WIN WIN

Yeah. But no one should skip her first issues

oh no, they're great. I can't imagine these are all going to be complete reboots, probably more like good jumping-on points for books that are just getting kicked back to #1.

Guys, before I formulate an IST order: sell me for or against JL 3000 and Guardians 3000.

I'm really not a fan of Justice League (or most of the big DC mainline titles), and I love JL3000/3001. There are new and interesting takes on old characters.

tim1138

Anyone? I know I've heard discussion on these in this thread...

JL3000 is fantastic, it ignores all continuity and does its own thing. The first few issues are an admitted slow burn as it found its voice and pacing, but then it goes all out crazy as Giffen and co just kind of do whatever they want. Howard Porter's art is ridiculously detailed and the colors really make it pop and show off his incredible draftsmanship.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Silk was a mistake, its nothing but trash

I just got to the Silk introduction in Amazing Spidey the other day and she seems cool

JL3000 is fantastic, it ignores all continuity and does its own thing. The first few issues are an admitted slow burn as it found its voice and pacing, but then it goes all out crazy as Giffen and co just kind of do whatever they want. Howard Porter's art is ridiculously detailed and the colors really make it pop and show off his incredible draftsmanship.

And it draws the line at $2.99...

:D

Boogiepop

oh no, they're great. I can't imagine these are all going to be complete reboots, probably more like good jumping-on points for books that are just getting kicked back to #1.

I'm really not a fan of Justice League (or most of the big DC mainline titles), and I love JL3000/3001. There are new and interesting takes on old characters.

Awesome, thanks guys!

Any thoughts on Guardians 3000? I can't recall if it was actually beloved or if that's just through association from the similar title to JL 3000...

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Guess i'll take Garth Ennis.

If there ever were a comigaf Rob Liefeld, you'd have that shit on lock, m8. On. Lock.

Failing that, i name thee Eric Larsen.

You're totally Garth Ennis.

And holy shit YES. ERIC LARSEN. That's EXACTLY who I was trying to think of for Gambit. I was like "Gaaah... Who's that guy..." and couldn't remember his name. But yes, 100% Eric Larsen.

And holy shit YES. ERIC LARSEN. That's EXACTLY who I was trying to think of for Gambit. I was like "Gaaah... Who's that guy..." and couldn't remember his name. But yes, 100% Eric Larsen.

oh man. What was the last thing that happened involving him where he lost all credibility? I forget what it was...

Top Bottom