• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

darklin0

Banned
Oct 27, 2011
Just saw the all the leaked covers thus far. Some seem pretty cool and they are helping fire up the hype train.

I compilef an album if anyone still needs/wants to see them.

Owzers

Mar 10, 2005
I'll probably go with:

Ant Man
Howard the Duck
Ultimates - how is this an actual name?
Uncanny Avengers

not sure about the other stuff. I don't trust Spencer enough to buy multiple books so Captain America might get MU waited. The hype is low, this might be less books than i was reading previously.

frye

Jun 12, 2012
So thinking about it, doesn't Remender ditching cape comics for at least a year feel kinda sudden? Marvel talks up how they plan for 1-2 years ahead with their retreats and shit and between All New Cap, Uncanny Avengers, and especially Rage of Ultron Rick has like two dozen plots juggling in the air. It's just weird he's just gonna leave so much of it hanging like this.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 14, 2010
Beaumont, TX
www.neogaf.com
So thinking about it, doesn't Remender ditching cape comics for at least a year feel kinda sudden? Marvel talks up how they plan for 1-2 years ahead with their retreats and shit and between All New Cap, Uncanny Avengers, and especially Rage of Ultron Rick has like two dozen plots juggling in the air. It's just weird he's just gonna leave so much of it hanging like this.

He was openly talking about his post-Secret Wars plans, about guiding a big franchise with whatever he wanted.

So yeah, it is pretty sudden. Nigga was suppose to save X-Men, not leave it to Jeff Lemire and Mark Bagley.

Marvel needs to stop fucking around and announce dat new Ennis/Parlov Punisher War Comic

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Nov 22, 2006
Yeah it's weird? But at the same time, if it results in more creator owned books from him I'm fine with it. Deadly Class and Low <3
Why do people hate this guy so much?
Because he sucks. Not so much as to not get work but he has that efficient art of sucking that makes him a reliable artist.

May 27, 2013
Why do people hate this guy so much?

choaffable

Aug 5, 2009
Calgary
twitter.com
Yeah it's weird? But at the same time, if it results in more creator owned books from him I'm fine with it. Deadly Class and Low <3

Because he sucks. Not so much as to not get work but he has that efficient art of sucking that makes him a reliable artist.

In his "I'm taking a break" Black Science editorial he posted on his website, it sounds like Remender is dealing with a sudden family/personal issue. That's why his departure from the Architect Brain Trust at Marvel is so sudden.

Probably his kids probably read Axis and demanded their dad get his shit together.

frye

Jun 12, 2012
In his "I'm taking a break" Black Science editorial he posted on his website, it sounds like Remender is dealing with a sudden family/personal issue. That's why his departure from the Architect Brain Trust at Marvel is so sudden.

Probably his kids probably read Axis and demanded their dad get his shit together.

lmao

Mudcrab

Aug 29, 2013

tim1138

Dec 12, 2006

Probably his kids probably read Axis and demanded their dad get his shit together

dead.gif

ReAxion

Nov 12, 2013
added some more Wayward, Chrononauts, and Nameless from the sale.

And All-Star Superman, finally. This better be good.

MG310

Sep 22, 2009
NJ
Greg Land: Best in the World
at tracing around penis. Seriously, half his reference files must be incidental dicks that he has no use for.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Apr 7, 2015
Santa Monica
Greg Land isn't so bad until you notice that he'll use the same face three different times in a single issue for three different characters that are supposed to be expressing three different emotions.

Then it's all you can see.

Busaiku

Apr 5, 2006
With Peter leaving the country, I wonder why they decided to set up all the Spiral stuff with Mr. Conway.
I figured this is what he was gonna come back to, and was getting kind of hyped.

Is that gonna be all Miles and Cindy now or something.

Tyrant Rave

Banned
Apr 13, 2012
More importantly... What the fuck happened to Stegman on the Uncanny Avengers shot? I'm gonna check out the book but damn, not up to his usual work at all.

ReiGun

Aug 10, 2008

Welp.

KoruptData

Oct 29, 2008
Abby is fleeing to Gotham City. I know Swamp Thing is going to follow her. Swampy and the Batman. I wonder what will happen? #SwampThing

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Nov 22, 2006
You know what? Once Snyder is done with Batman, I'd like to see Remender write a run on bats. It could be preeeeettty good.