• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annihilator #6. A good wrap up of the mini. And one that didn't go too far off the rails like Morrison can do to me. This one I could follow pretty easily. Irvings art I find hit or miss. Especially his facial reactions. But some pages were really amazing.

Maybe I'll buy the hardcover. Doesn't it come out fairly soon?

Wait.... How weird does it get? Because I'm not a big fan of weird Morrison.

Even at Hollywood red carpet, Cykes gotta rock dat dorky scarf. My man forehead scrunched up thinkin, "Oh God flashing lights...Jean...I'm gonna let everybody down...Jean halp"

001f83be.jpeg

Maybe I'll buy the hardcover. Doesn't it come out fairly soon?

Wait.... How weird does it get? Because I'm not a big fan of weird Morrison.
Oh it's still out there in ways. I mean it plays into morrisons favorite themes of stories being alternate realities and the like. But it's not like invisibles Morrison which was too much for me

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Well, my lovely girlfriend fulfilled my request today for my birthday present (Google Play credit because I'm a fancy lad) and I've availed myself of volumes 5 & 6 of Hellboy. I've also got a bunch of credit left to throw at new Baltimore books as they're released. I asked for Play credit for lack of better ideas and knowing Darkhorse accepts it.

It was a real toss up between Hellboy collections or more Mind Mgmt books. I've got a bunch of Hellboy already and own just three issues of Mgmt that I've only read issue #0 of but know I'll adore. I know I'll enjoy catching up with Hellboy for sure though.

I'm really enjoying Hawkeye, it's really coming together! I kind of want a Hawkeye shirt. I just finished issue 18 and I am really curious as to where this is all going.

Next stop after Hawkeye; Doctor Strange: The Oath!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Man, the people at my FroYo job are all so cool. I wish I knew whether or not it was kosher as a manager to socialize with them outside work. Usually it isn't. Lame.

Also, think this cute girl was into me at the bouldering gym. That was pretty neat. Pretty sure she's too young for me though.

Well, my lovely girlfriend fulfilled my request today for my birthday present (Google Play credit because I'm a fancy lad) and I've availed myself of volumes 5 & 6 of Hellboy. I've also got a bunch of credit left to throw at new Baltimore books as they're released. I asked for Play credit for lack of better ideas and knowing Darkhorse accepts it.

It was a real toss up between Hellboy collections or more Mind Mgmt books. I've got a bunch of Hellboy already and own just three issues of Mgmt that I've only read issue #0 of but know I'll adore. I know I'll enjoy catching up with Hellboy for sure though.

I'm really enjoying Hawkeye, it's really coming together! I kind of want a Hawkeye shirt. I just finished issue 18 and I am really curious as to where this is all going.

Next stop after Hawkeye; Doctor Strange: The Oath!
My man, talk to me about Baltimore. What's it about? How rad is it on a scale of All-New Hawkeye to Hellboy/BPRD?

Also, guys:
0XySlAg.png

Always knew Mr Lieber was good people. I'm glad my love of Superior Foes has not gone unnoticed.

My man, talk to me about Baltimore. What's it about? How rad is it on a scale of All-New Hawkeye to Hellboy/BPRD?

Also, guys:
0XySlAg.png

Always knew Mr Lieber was good people. I'm glad my love of Superior Foes has not gone unnoticed.
Baltimore is about a dude that's fighting monsters. Honestly I read one issue back in the day before I went digital only (and thus dark horse was left out) and liked it. I got the trades from CMX but haven't read it yet. Maybe birdie will chime in

How many volumes is it good for?
Honestly it's not worth owning outside nostalgia.

Now if you want to read the Angela debut issue written by Gaiman that started the legal fun then check out issue #9. Oh and I guess if you want to see what your boy Capullo was doing for years and years before his Batman days. He draws a large portion of the run

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

doniewhalberg was pretty much the go-to Mignola guy, and he told me that Baltimore was good, but not better than Hellboy/BPRD. He told me it's worth reading, but basically only if you've gotten through all the Hellboy/BPRD stuff and are itching for more. Or at least that's the gist of what I remember him saying.
Edit: Disregard my post. Horseticuff's first-hand info trumps my second-hand info. Plus his enthusiasm is legit.

He needs to come back. I miss that guy. He seems to take like 6 month breaks from this thread, then makes an appearance, reads a ton and post a bunch of amazing essay-length posts, and then vanishes without a word.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle

Also, guys:
0XySlAg.png

Baltimore is the fucking best. It starts out where he's this grizzled motherfucker trying to avenge his family who got killed by a vampire because Baltimore hurt him while defending himself. It gets so much bigger and more epic though. At one point you think you're getting to the end of it all but, man, you've barely scratched the surface. The writing and art are excellent, and there is much more to the story than I dare tell you here.

As much as I love the Archie Horror books, Hellboy, and Hawkeye, I was so fucking excited when Dark Horse had that half price sale recently and I bought every issue of Baltimore currently available and I'm going to buy the graphic novel it's all based on, too.

If you love monsters, monster movies, Gothic fiction, weird fiction, all that excellent shit, I can't recommend Baltimore enough. It seems like the forgotten book that nobody talks about. Maybe it's not sexy and popular like Hellboy, but I just feel bad for people who don't give it a shot.

Squire

Banned

Also, guys:
0XySlAg.png

Dunno if you saw, but a couple weeks ago when I read some of that Kevin Smith Spider-man mini I said his writing was whatever, but Terry Dodson's art is good and Terry favorited the tweet, haha.

I think I was talking to you, but I'm not sure.

besada

Banned
I can't stop thinking about Bacchus. My library only has the first trade, I need to order that omnibus. The art is so good.

First, you are my new favorite poster. Secondly, hit the Sequential iPad app. They have a sale going on Eddie Campbell stuff, including The Years Have Pants for $7.99. That's considerably cheaper than the $40 I paid for it when it came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom