• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudcrab

so, just for the benefit of everyone in here, this is the edit (I made a cap for posterity):

ApaG2tt.png

Wow.

Who's making the thread?

ElNarez

Banned
Meanwhile DC has a black guy writing Cyborg, a bi guy writing Midnighter, and Asian-Americans on both of the main Superman titles and no one is talking about this at all for whatever reason

I mean shit, it's got two books with openly bisexual leads (Catwoman and Constantine, for those playing along at home), plus one ensemble book with an other bisexual lead (that's Catman in Secret Six)

Messi

I mean shit, it's got two books with openly bisexual leads (Catwoman and Constantine, for those playing along at home), plus one ensemble book with an other bisexual lead (that's Catman in Secret Six)

I wonder if Catwoman being bi ever gets mentioned again.

Saw ant man. Lot of fun and better than Age of Ultron. Would work better if Scott Lang were Mexican tho

Meanwhile DC has a black guy writing Cyborg, a bi guy writing Midnighter, and Asian-Americans on both of the main Superman titles and no one is talking about this at all for whatever reason
Pretty much a 180 for dc coming from new 52.

ReiGun

Black folk on twitter been hyping Cyborg to the moon. Beyond that...yeah. No one was really talking about when DC had more women writers and artists than Marvel either (no idea if this is still the case).

Stories about Marvel and DC fucking up always get more traction though. It's usually deserved, but still.

Savitar

So Herc was bi in what, three or so issues in an alt universe and since he's not in the normal universe which has sorta been the case since ever and that means we're suppose to be mad?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
So Herc was bi in what, three or so issues in an alt universe and since he's not in the normal universe which has sorta been the case since ever and that means we're suppose to be mad?

He was heavily implied to have had male lovers in the past in 616 continuity, as well.

To make up for that crappy Superman back-up story showed up in this thread earlier, and so we don't leave this OT on a sour note, here's an actually good one starring the always lovable Lex Luthor, by John Byrne.

waitress2.jpg
waitress3.jpg

waitress4.jpg
waitress5.jpg

waitress6.jpg
waitress7.jpg

Marvel brass really wants to make sure I know they don't care about me and other underrepresented minority groups huh

Yeah I think once secret wars is over I'm mostly done with Marvel until things change

There are immensely talented writers artists and colorists but Alonso is making it really hard to buy in

Annihilator #6. A good wrap up of the mini. And one that didn't go too far off the rails like Morrison can do to me. This one I could follow pretty easily. Irvings art I find hit or miss. Especially his facial reactions. But some pages were really amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom