• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like the Gamora costume but it also reminds me that Hummingbird is definitely never coming back

240px-Hummingbird_Aracely_Penalba_New_Warriors_02_2014.png

fauxtrot

Banned
I was kinda hoping they'd do a Dr. Doom version of an MF Doom album, but I guess that'd kinda be pointless. Thor was an even better choice thanks to her helm.

Boogiepop

I mean the Omnibus with the original AoA.
I am curious but not sure if I really want to read it.

And yay, Captain America: White OHC in January and Scottie Young Marvel Babys OHC!

A couple of great books announcent.

It is very, very, very 90s.

Also, since I'm crazy I'm considering buying a PS4 now so I can play that new Yugioh game, instead of waiting till Black Friday as was my original plan. Why can't there be some deals right now?!

Vyer

I find it interesting the debate about those covers have been kind of glossed over in OT. Seems like the kind of thing that turns into a multi page argument there usually.

Zombine

Banned
Where's the Dr Octagonecologist cover?

I find it interesting the debate about those covers have been kind of glossed over in OT. Seems like the kind of thing that turns into a multi page argument there usually.

Don't mess with the music man. Some fat old guy who looks like the museum curator from Pawn Stars' dumb comments are not gonna keep me from these.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, and I love how his different characters voices are relatively distinct, too. He excels at dialogue and so does say, Bendis, they're both funny. But sometimes BMB would do those pages of all the Avengers talking one panel a piece and it would really drive home how identical all their personalities are.

Peter David on the other hand... Miguel is charming and so is Peter, but they're different. Miguel is more brash and a little less eloquent... Pete uses smarter sharper dialogue, but he's more socially awkward. And they're both totally different than how he writes, say, Pietro. Or Rahne. His dialogue is funny sometimes, but he also has a clear idea of everyone's distinct characterizations.

I think there's a very strong case to make for PAD being the best writer amongst his contemporary wheelhouse. (As in Simone, Bendis, Whedon, writers of that ilk.)

Zombine

Banned
Such a damn good album.

We're not gonna see a Deltron 3030 Marvel cover are we?

Literally anything is possible. If a Del cover pops up I can see 3030 making an appearance. Speaking of rap albums though...I've been picking them up on vinyl lately and I have to say that RTJ2 looks really fuckin sharp.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Literally anything is possible. If a Del cover pops up I can see 3030 making an appearance. Speaking of rap albums though...I've been picking them up on vinyl lately and I have to say that RTJ2 looks really fuckin sharp.

Vinyl is fucking dominant, and yeah run the jewels uno and dos are dope.

Still chewing through Batman Eternal, and for some reason I really like this page:

Actually, I really like this whole "King Croc" thing they've been doing. They're not... de-villainizing him, precisely, just giving him a sense of purpose, something to protect, something more than just being "scary looking Batman baddy #4103."

It reminds me a little of the characterization they hit for DCAU Aquaman, actually, just street level and with more of a history of antagonism.

Also, she's Jewish. So Tony is also Jewish now.

Why you gotta be like that man.

Shaanyboi

Banned
So I think I've set a new rule for myself. I'm slowly cancelling some of my issue subscriptions on Comixology and moving towards just buying trades (save for loose issues that aren't included in collections). But I'll look ahead of time, continue buying single issues for books until there's enough for the first trade, then just get collections afterward if I think it's still good. Still feel like I'm atleast showing support for new books this way.

Where's the Dr Octagonecologist cover?

Don't mess with the music man. Some fat old guy who looks like the museum curator from Pawn Stars' dumb comments are not gonna keep me from these.

The Mo Wax one though or nothing at all.

A hand ain't that interesting but the U.S. octagonecologist is literally the worst album cover all time, ESPECIALLY when you compare to the graphic design WORK OF ART that the original UK Mo Wax version is GOD FUCKING DAMN IT IM STILL SO MAD TWENTY YEARS FUCKING LATER

Marvel engages in bisexuality erasure with Hercules:

Following this week's announcement of a new "Hercules" series, observers wondered if the news meant Marvel now had a new ongoing starring a bisexual character, given previous suggestions regarding Hercules' sexual orientation. According to Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso in the latest edition of CBR's weekly Q&A column AXEL-IN-CHARGE, that's not the case.

When asked about previous hints of bisexuality and an alternate Hercules' romantic relationship with an alternate Wolverine in the 2012-2013 "X-Treme X-Men," series, Alonso responded, "Hercules and James Howlett’s relationship in 'X-Treme X-Men' took place in a unique alternate universe, similar to how Colossus was gay in the Ultimate Universe, but is straight in the 616. Same goes for Hercules here."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom