• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So I had the brilliant idea to buy a non-seaworthy boat for cheap (one that has an interior space and a bed), do a bit of remodeling to make it a bit more comfortable and nice, and then park it in my backyard and rent it out on Airbnb for big money. But then I realized I could probably just buy one of those tiny homes that live on trailers and do the same thing for about the same price. But that'd be way less cool. I want to have a sailboat with a massive mast just sitting in my backyard.

Edit: Like this! http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/boa/5146478940.html
That would be aces. Could probably rent it out for like $100 a night or something after a bit of remodeling.

Kipp of course. I'd just spend it on CMX sales

Y'all gonna be saving some money!

Ugh I just blew my comic budget for the month on an arcade stick. Good thing I have a realitively large backlog to go through.

You did well. What stick did you get?

I have this stick. I love it so much.

I'm working through Spider-Verse now and decided to just read 2099 from the beginning since it joins SV at issue #5. And after the first three issues I gotta say... I love Peter David so much. I had kind of forgotten. He's very talented at doing great things with more obscure characters, but part of me would LOVE seeing him take over say, ASM. His sense of humor fits Spidey perfectly, his tendency to simultaneously be a little dark does as well, and hell, he basically started his career with The Death of Jean DeWolff. When the day comes that Slott moves on, how great would it be to give PAD a shot.

Zombine

Banned
So I had the brilliant idea to buy a non-seaworthy boat for cheap (one that has an interior space and a bed), do a bit of remodeling to make it a bit more comfortable and nice, and then park it in my backyard and rent it out on Airbnb for big money. But then I realized I could probably just buy one of those tiny homes that live on trailers and do the same thing for about the same price. But that'd be way less cool. I want to have a sailboat with a massive mast just sitting in my backyard.

You know what BOAT stands for, right Kipp?

Bust Out Another Thousand. My boat just took on water during a storm and now I have to repair shit.

I find it to be better than Scalped. I love everything about it.

I never even read Scalped. Not yet anyways. I bought the first trade and enjoyed but I decided to trade wait. Bought the second volume and the pushed me to go month to month. One of the best Image books being published.

Kipp

You know what BOAT stands for, right Kipp?

Bust Out Another Thousand. My boat just took on water during a storm and now I have to repair shit.

Oh, trust me, my dad loves boats and his boats have been in the shop for repair more often than they've gone into the water.

The idea would be to never actually put it into the water. Just convert it into a little living space. Hence buying one that's already not seaworthy for cheap. It'll have that novelty factor. Plus we live like a mile from the beach, so no matter what it is, it'll bring in some pretty good money if it's relatively rentable.

fauxtrot

Banned
Marvel is bringing Black Knight back (and the new series will take place in Weirdworld), written by Frank Tieri with art by Luca Pizzari... huh.

blknight-cover-6eb3b.jpg

edit:
At its heart, 'Black Knight' will be about one man's struggle with what I call a 'necessary addiction.' I guess the best description is something that's sort of like a cross between 'Game of Thrones' and 'Breaking Bad.' Call it 'Breaking Blade,' if you will."

Zombine

Banned
I never even read Scalped. Not yet anyways. I bought the first trade and enjoyed but I decided to trade wait. Bought the second volume and the pushed me to go month to month. One of the best Image books being published.

By all means though, Scalped isn't a bad book. I can just relate so much better to the story being told in Southern Bastards. The characters, the football, the food, it's all authentic and not at all some bullshit irreverent parody of southern living. Those colors in the book though...my god are they awesome.

Marvel is bringing Black Knight back (and the new series will take place in Weirdworld), written by Frank Tieri with art by Luca Pizzari... huh.

edit:

Seriously fuck Black Knight. What a stupid heroclix. "Oh wow, this box is heavier, it has to be someone good." Nope, just Black Knight's stupid ass. Thanks for nothing Wizkids.

I love middle-aged white guy wisdom.

I feel like you would enjoy my conversations with Kipp outside of GAF.

Zombine

Banned
Buying a boat as an investment...oh comigaf, you never fail to impress.

You should hear this sick fuck's other idea. People think that Kipp is all sunshine and rainbows but he's secretly a Roger Sterling type. Don't let that cool attitude and friendly smile fool you, he'll sell the business in a minute and cash out even if that means his staff ends up jobless.

He writes killer recommendations though.

People paying $150 to take a photo with Chris Evans at Salt Lake CC. Smh.

You should hear this sick fuck's other idea. People think that Kipp is all sunshine and rainbows but he's secretly a Roger Sterling type. Don't let that cool attitude and friendly smile fool you, he'll sell the business in a minute and cash out even if that means his staff ends up jobless.

zy7rMVt.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Ok, The Interview is something completly different then what I expected.

Man, Kim is super sensitive that he let Sony hacked because of this oO

Hagi

You did well. What stick did you get?

I have this stick. I love it so much.

That looks cool I didn't know they made Namco branded sticks. I got this

I've been having a hard time figuring out my niche when it comes to online games as I grow older but I really want to put the time into fighting games starting with USFIV and hopefully stick it with it.

Whoa this looks pretty sick. I'm in for anything MI:13 related, it'd be nice to get a Pete Wisdom cameo but it being set in Weirdworld may rule that out.

Zombine

Banned
I have the MVC2 Xbox stick. That'll work on PC, right? I have all the drivers installed for the controller so I don't see why it wouldn't.

Squire

Banned
Ah, Frank Tieri. Fine author of such literature as the story mode in Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds.

Anyway...

There's a ton of super important stuff in Avengers from the get-go that I didn't even notice! Also: would legit trade my left nut for a Black Panther ongoing by Hickman.

Mortdecai is definitely one of the lesser movies from this year that i've seen. The Interview's just super mediocre

Ah, Frank Tieri. Fine author of such literature as the story mode in Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds.

Anyway...

There's a ton of super important stuff in Avengers from the get-go that I didn't even notice! Also: would legit trade my left nut for a Black Panther ongoing by Hickman.
ah but what about his finest works

I'm working through Spider-Verse now and decided to just read 2099 from the beginning since it joins SV at issue #5. And after the first three issues I gotta say... I love Peter David so much. I had kind of forgotten. He's very talented at doing great things with more obscure characters, but part of me would LOVE seeing him take over say, ASM. His sense of humor fits Spidey perfectly, his tendency to simultaneously be a little dark does as well, and hell, he basically started his career with The Death of Jean DeWolff. When the day comes that Slott moves on, how great would it be to give PAD a shot.
I fell off on 2099 because I didn't read SpiderVerse but I love how PAD writes Miguel. I'm defintely looking forward to that relaunch.

Kipp

That looks cool I didn't know they made Namco branded sticks. I got this

I've been having a hard time figuring out my niche when it comes to online games as I grow older but I really want to put the time into fighting games starting with USFIV and hopefully stick it with it.

Ah nice!
And yeah, I feel ya. Basically the only games I play anymore are fighting games. SF3:3S is my jam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom