• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

Malyse

Should I be looking at one over the other? Any other series I should be looking at apart from those two?

Are you in the mood for zany? USG
More traditional superheroics with a less conventional lead? Ms. Marvel

Also, I'd say Mockingbird is in the same tonal range, along with Legend of Wonder Woman. But it all depends on the *why* of you liking MG&DD. Cause for an entirely different set of reasons, Young Avengers (Heinberg and Gillen runs), Runaways, and Hawkeye (Fraction and Thompson runs) also are recommended.

Are you in the mood for zany? USG
More traditional superheroics with a less conventional lead? Ms. Marvel

Also, I'd say Mockingbird is in the same tonal range, along with Legend of Wonder Woman. But it all depends on the *why* of you liking MG&DD. Cause for an entirely different set of reasons, Young Avengers (Heinberg and Gillen runs), Runaways, and Hawkeye (Fraction and Thompson runs) also are recommended.

Very much appreciate the response.

I think I'm going to go with USG. To that end, I'm a little confused as to continuity. Of course my first thought is to start with Vol. 1, but then I also see there is a standalone "The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Beats Up The Marvel Universe," by the same author. How does this fit in? Should I read it first?

Owzers

I was really hoping for Samoa Joe or Finn Balor to win the rumble. Or just be in it.
I thought joe would be in it for sure, there was just massive disappointment that Brock, Goldberg, and the undertaker didn't start rolling out until 26, then roman was 30...they should have just went full troll and had roman win after throwing out all three of them.

Very much appreciate the response.

I think I'm going to go with USG. To that end, I'm a little confused as to continuity. Of course my first thought is to start with Vol. 1, but then I also see there is a standalone "The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Beats Up The Marvel Universe," by the same author. How does this fit in? Should I read it first?

Start with volume 1. Squirrel Girl Beats Up The Marvel Universe is a standalone Graphic Novel, but I'd say jump in a little later so you're more familiar with the cast.

Series is great btw. It's consistently my favorite book Marvel publishes every month.

I thought joe would be in it for sure, there was just massive disappointment that Brock, Goldberg, and the undertaker didn't start rolling out until 26, then roman was 30...they should have just went full troll and had roman win after throwing out all three of them.

At least Taker didn't win. Would have been the slowest WM main event of all time.

I was really hoping for Samoa Joe or Finn Balor to win the rumble. Or just be in it.

I hope Finn wins the Universal Championship again as soon as he comes back. I am going to a house show in Dublin in a few months time and having Balor as the Raw champ would be amazing.

It'd almost make up for it being a Raw show and not getting to see Queen Becky. Almost.

Anyone got the cosmic marvel reading order.
Think this is the latest one:
N7OXfyI.jpg

There was talk of updating it to list omnibuses everything is collected in etc but it never happened IIRC.

In the books ;)

Edit: I mean my initial question - I am talking about the Alias book.

Probably. Only thing I've read with Misty Knight in pre-Alias was the Uncanny X-Men arc where Moses Magnum is trying to blow up Japan and Misty punches a volcanic meteor. I've never read Luke Cage that is prior to that.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Caught up on Batman over the weekend. 13 was definitely the best so far. 14 was really good too, but I really wish that the whole run had been like 13 was.

Owzers

Just imagine... Someone paid 300-400$ for this.

Incredible dedication to the joke. Sillymonkey (RIP) would be proud.

i thought buying a Roman Reigns Funko for $8 was going too far and didn't do it, i'm not committing.

The only funko i have is Rey from star wars and i regret doing so, but i'm going to learn from my mistakes and buy another funko, Gwenpool.

Edit: Popeyes spicy chicken: i like the spicy but not the chicken.

Owzers

It's a perfect name. The U.S. from the East to the West is dominated by factions.

Hickman should call the book "Varied Factions Across America", that gets people's attention.

I finally got caught up and read the last seven issues, it's still prettttttty good but i do regret waiting a year to read my issues. My memory...there were chosen people alright, and they did stuff. I still want to read the old Doom Patrol by Morrison before starting my Way issues, i'm three behind Black Science, and i need to reread Manhattan Projects Sun behind the other sun mini before reading the last issue, then i'm caught up on the flop. More or less...

I just found out from recent issues of East of West that Crow is suppose to be naked. Dragotta is making her nipples...............apparent.

Owzers

Can someone explain me what happened with Disney and Trump? Is Disney now evil?

Trump is now going to be a temporary party member in Kingdom Hearts 3.

I caught up on Detective Comics. Maybe comics will be alright in the end. Maybe it's time to read the good comics first? YES BATWOMAN.

I always read the bad comics first that way i get tired of comics and never read the good ones before the next shipment with bad ones arrives.

Messi

I caught up on Detective Comics. Maybe comics will be alright in the end. Maybe it's time to read the good comics first? YES BATWOMAN.

Archie has a hard on for delays. They will never cancel these books, instead they will delay them eternally. Much like freezas BvS Wonder Woman statue.

:(

At some point they will rebrand it for the WW movie. And then after some more delays, the Justice League movie.

2 issues into Birds of Prey. Oof.

Babs wants to be taken more seriously but she's every bit of the 16 year old Gordon thinks she is (and actually is? I still don't get this decision).

Helena's character might as well be back in 1998.

I dunno about this one

Sandfox

2 issues into Birds of Prey. Oof.

Babs wants to be taken more seriously but she's every bit of the 16 year old Gordon thinks she is (and actually is? I still don't get this decision).

Helena's character might as well be back in 1998.

I dunno about this one

I'm pretty sure she's adult who is just written like a teen girl.

Top Bottom