• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

Ultimates a recommended read? Been thinking about adding it my pull list or US Avengers.

Yeah the first volume was really good. The first issue of the new volume was kind of a mess but it got much better, and the latest issue is essential reading if you go in for that high-end cosmic shit.

Never seen Marvel do anything like it

Edit: I vastly prefer it to U.S.Avengers which I think is only kinda good so far

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Yeah the first volume was really good. The first issue of the new volume was kind of a mess but it got much better, and the latest issue is essential reading if you go in for that high-end cosmic shit.

Never seen Marvel do anything like it

Edit: I vastly prefer it to U.S.Avengers which I think is only kinda good so far

Thanks for the advice. I dropped Jessica Jones, Totally awesome Hulk, and Squadron Supreme ended so I have room to add. I'll give Ultimates a go.

Messi

Who had 3 issues in the Adam Hughes wont be able to do an ongoing comic stakes?

BETTY & VERONICA #3 (RESOLICIT)
All Heck breaks loose in Riverdale as the final act of BETTY VERSUS VERONICA reaches its combustible conclusion! The streets of Riverdale run red under the rockets' red glare and no one will ever be the same!

Shit book being put out of its misery in april.

#1 July 20th 2016
#2 November 9th 2016
#3 April 2017 (Supposedly)

lol

Our Minister of Foreign Affairs just called up the US ambassador here in Sweden to explain whatever good Trump thinks the ban will do. They are pretty pissed. There are heavy protests.

Edit:

#1 July 20th 2016
#2 November 9th 2016

lol

Hahahahahahaha!

Messi

Um, was that book planned to be a mini, or was this a case of placing too much faith in Adam Hughes making deadlines?

The latter. Even if it was a mini series... do you think Archie Comics would be happy with those release dates?

His facebook page is always talking about deadlines and commissions.

I suppose its easier to do 4-5 commissions for $1k each than ship your book on time. He takes a list of 20 and picks the characters he wants to draw and does that. 1k each. Fills up in mins.

MG310

The latter. Even if it was a mini series... do you think Archie Comics would be happy with those release dates?

His facebook page is always talking about deadlines and commissions.

I suppose its easier to do 4-5 commissions for $1k each than ship your book on time. He takes a list of 20 and picks the characters he wants to draw and does that. 1k each. Fills up in mins.

No regrets on paying that much for that page given the commission price/how terrible I am at catching any artist's commission list on Facebook.

Sandfox

#1 July 20th 2016
#2 November 9th 2016

lol
Betty Versus Veronica is the name of the first arc. The book isn't ending.

Messi

Btw, saw this on twitter but BC did an article so it's easy to link, Sejic is drawing some Aquaman characters for testing but maybe...

He's Top Cow exclusive...but apparently has some wiggle room to do projects with other companies. hmmm. He needs to do a harley and ivy mini for dc if those deviant art sketches are anything to go by.

Betty Versus Veronica is the name of the first arc. The book isn't ending.

Where did they say this?

I don't know why Archie bothers tbh.

Messi

No regrets on paying that much for that page given the commission price/how terrible I am at catching any artist's commission list on Facebook.

Nor should you. That is some serious cash for a commission. Same goes for Greg Tocchini $800 for one Low character $1000 for someone he didn't create.

Sandfox

Heres Marvels real problem. They can't help themselves announcing books. In April they have these books starting.

Black Panther: The Crew
X-Men Blue (Double ship)
X-Men Gold (Double Ship)
Weapon X (Double Ship)
Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider
Royals (Double Ship)
Nick Fury
Monsters Unleashed
Punisher vs Deadpool

All of the X-Men and Inhuman books are double shipped at $3.99 (First issue of these books is also $4.99) this is right after shipping X-Men Prime and Inhumans Prime one shots in the last week of March for $4.99. This is a month after they launched all those street level books about netflix people (Iron Fist, Bullseye, Kingpin, Elektra)

The line is bloated and full of crap no one asked for.
One problem that causes them to keep announcing books is stuff ending and being replaced with books that have low sales potential, so we'll see if books double shipping means less books that probably won't do well getting announced.
He's Top Cow exclusive...

Where did they say this?

It's not that they said it as much as me just remembering the arc.

Messi

I bet all those classic Archie artists meet their deadlines.

This made me laugh out loud.

--

I love this page from sejics story. Its heartbreaking :(

C3XgZfvWIAIFB8c.jpg

DC would never allow him to put that spin on the relationship though.

He's Top Cow exclusive...but apparently has some wiggle room to do projects with other companies. hmmm. He needs to do a harley and ivy mini for dc if those deviant art sketches are anything to go by.

Where did they say this?

This made me laugh out loud.

--

I love this page from sejics story. Its heartbreaking :(

DC would never allow him to put that spin on the relationship though.

Well, maybe...

Brevoort reflecting on one of the most expensive issues from his youth.

One problem that causes them to keep announcing books is stuff ending and being replaced with books that have low sales potential, so we'll see if books double shipping means less books that probably won't do well getting announced.

Well we are getting Jean Grey and Iceman in the same timeframe which are both surely going to be sales losers

Sandfox

Well we are getting Jean Grey and Iceman in the same timeframe which are both surely going to be sales losers
I can see them lasting for a bit if the writers deliver assuming they aren't planned for a certain number of issues. I'm expecting changes to Marvel's line in that timeframe though.

I asked him directly and he told me that yes he is still able to work for DC and do Harley annuals like before.

His art in that story was incredible and wtf lol
He should get a book called something like "I Love You" or something else since DC owns so many old romance book names. Have him release one 40+ pages issue every 2-3 months or so between his major books,

I want his Harley/Ivy, His Selina/Bruce, his Big Barda, his Mera, his Wonder Woman etc.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sejic has 90s X-Men written all over him. I mean that in a good way.

Vol.1 of Azzarello / Chiang Absolute Wonder Woman drops this week. Anyone picking it up? I'm on the fence. $125 list price, so if they drop it to half price it should be worth it.

VanWinkle

Vol.1 of Azzarello / Chiang Absolute Wonder Woman drops this week. Anyone picking it up? I'm on the fence. $125 list price, so if they drop it to half price it should be worth it.

Yup. I'm getting it. Would have preferred one $125 omnibus instead of two $125 absolutes, but it will definitely be beautiful, so I'm not TOO upset.

I find that when I rebuy a book I never read it, plus I didn't like the ww story enough despite liking the art.

I like the art fine. But I doubt I would read it again. Especially one of those unwieldy Absolutes. Kind of want to grab that Ninjak hardcover that just came out and see what the fuss is.

Top Bottom