• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

TheFlow

Banned
Cary Nord is drawing a Deathstroke ongoing huh

edit: the three page Tom Scili back-ups of Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye are far and away the best thing DC is currently publishing.

The-Will-Saga-Lying-Cat-a.jpg

Did Flintstones stopped being Published?

Tom Scioli back-ups >> Young Animal > Flintstones > Superman > Future Quest > Green Arrow > Nightwing > who cares I mean seriously how do ya'll read most of this junk like explain the appeal of all star batman thats not romita jr and hes not even drawing it anymore its fuckin JOCK(in 2017) like didnt we all collectively get bored of not-sienwieciz not-interesting culturally impoverished ass drawings in 2012

TheFlow

Banned
Tom Scioli back-ups >> Young Animal > Flintstones > Superman > Future Quest > Green Arrow > Nightwing > who cares I mean seriously how do ya'll read most of this junk like explain the appeal of all star batman thats not romita jr and hes not even drawing it anymore its fuckin JOCK(in 2017) like didnt we all collectively get bored of not-sienwieciz not-interesting culturally impoverished ass drawings in 2012

oh you aren't reading Sheriff that is why. carry on with your false preachings.

did you miss the part about "currently publishing" DC comics or is "not actually reading words" part of your New Year's Resolution

Ross61

People_are_being_mean_by_making_mashups_of_sad_Ben_Affleck_s_reaction_to_Batman_v_Superman_reviews.jpg

ElNarez

Banned
oh yeah but also the Tom Scioli Super Powers strips are fucking great and yeah they're the best thing in comics right now

Bonethug

Working my way through Captain America and just finished the Remender run.
Is there anything before Captain America - Sam Wilson #1.

Hydra Ascendant ended with Fury saying Misty wasn't working for SHIELD and the first page of Cap-Sam is Misty and Sam?

Hagi

Same thing with The Lost Boys but that didn't stop them.

I don't think that's the same thing at all, WB likely own Lost Boys wholesale. They will have a stringent contract that details what they can do surrounding the films rights to Harry Potter.

Working my way through Captain America and just finished the Remender run.
Is there anything before Captain America - Sam Wilson #1.

Hydra Ascendant ended with Fury saying Misty wasn't working for SHIELD and the first page of Cap-Sam is Misty and Sam?
After Remender's Cap run, there's All-New Captain America. Then there's Captain America: Sam Wilson and Captain America: Steve Rogers after that which is what is currently ongoing

List, unstoppable mreddie edition

Death of Hawkman 4
Fall and Rise of Captain Atom 1
Flintstones 7
Midnighter and Apollo 4
Shade the Changing Girl 4
Superman 14
Unfollow 15

Saga 41
Walking Dead 162

Avengers 3
Captain America 17
Hawkeye 2
Moon Knight 10
Nova 2
Old Man Logan 16
U.S.Avengers 1
Unstoppable Wasp 1
Unworthy Thor 3

Killer week. I cut some fat this week - Aquaman, Batman, Spidey 2099 - and that makes it look much better.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
List!

AUTUMNLANDS TOOTH & CLAW #14
BLACK SCIENCE #27
NAILBITER #28
SAGA #41
WALKING DEAD #162
WICKED & DIVINE #25

Also Seven to Eternity has definitely earned a sub.

VanWinkle

Man, you're just the worst sometimes.

Dusknoir

List!

Superman #14
Batman #14
Justice League vs Suicide Squad #3
Justice League #12

I'll get the Killer Frost and Vixen one shots when they come out.

Everyone forgets Astro City is still being published.

YsFaEJz.png

ElNarez

Banned
As like a punishment you mean?

as a good-ass horror comic I mean, you dip

anyway, 2017, let's get back in the habit of lists

AQUAMAN #14
BATMAN #14
FALL AND RISE OF CAPTAIN ATOM #1
FLINTSTONES #7
GREEN ARROW #14
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA THE ATOM REBIRTH #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE SUICIDE SQUAD #3
MIDNIGHTER AND APOLLO #4
NIGHTWING #12
SHADE THE CHANGING GIRL #4
SUPERMAN #14
UNFOLLOW #15

SAGA #41
WICKED & DIVINE #25

HAWKEYE #2
MOON KNIGHT #10
UNWORTHY THOR #3
US AVENGERS #1

TheFlow

Banned
I have to wait till the end of the month to buy all my DC stuff.

I am back to reading select stuff per week until I can work. Aka no trash.

Edit: oh snap this is when all the interesting DC arcs start up. Superman and new superman team up

Owzers

I didn't really like darkseid war vol 1, seemed really restrained and something johns wanted to get done with. The wonder Woman narrative kept going towards the end and I got tired of her posing god questions quickly.

Today's football games outside of lions/packers seem NBA tier pointless.

shingi70

Banned
Pretty excited for this week's comics.

Listening to a JLI podcast and Michael fife is on it, is copra worth buying. Only read his ultimate run.

Seen "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" with my father and "The Jungle Book" with my little sister this New Year's Day. Sitting down in a cinema for "Arrival" now.

Have a nice evening~

Pretty excited for this week's comics.

Listening to a JLI podcast and Michael fife is on it, is copra worth buying. Only read his ultimate run.

It's essential. His Ultimates is like half the comic Copra is. No fault of his own, Pinna just isn't on his level. Copra is on another level of execution.

Started Astonishing X-Men Vol. 8: Children of the Brood

This is fucking weird. Not a fan of Bobillo's art at all. I don't know why Kitty's back, or why Beast is leading an Avengers team, or why Colossus is back with the team. The transition from the previous Astonishing continuity is jarring here. Oh, and then there's this:

What am I reading?

oh yeah but also the Tom Scioli Super Powers strips are fucking great and yeah they're the best thing in comics right now

I'll be honest, those things are a fucking eyesore. What's with all the backups in these YA books?

Gwenpool is the best book being published

Don't know if I'd agree with that, but it's definitely always more enjoyable than I expect it to be.

Monstress #1-6

yep this is now my favorite fantasy book being published. Love the lore

I really enjoy Monstress. Kippa is adorable.

Top Bottom