• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I tried to read this backwards lol
Its not working right? Man, everyone here said its working through the whole issue :D I mean, there are pages where it fits together, but mostly its nonsense :D

Edit: Pax Americana is a Watchmem-analogy with the usual DC characters... Finally, I noticed something by myself *g*

SArcher

Banned
Vin Diesel doesn't even look like Black Bolt (Black Bolt has hair). Did people like the idea of him playing the character just because the cowl would fit well on his head or sth? Also, Vin Diesel is worth watching because of his voice.

A_Dang

I just stumbled upon some misc. mid 80's to early 90's comics. It's a shoe box full of mostly Marvel G.I. Joe, and Transformers. I think the most interesting stuff is an early-ish TMNT (March 1991), some odd Triumphant Comics and issue 1 of Chuck Norris: Karate Kommandos. Everything is in alright shape (maybe "Fine"). If you have any interest in them PM me.

long time lurker, first time poster (I think), you guys are mostly responsible for pushing me over the edge into the madness of comics, my wife and bank account thank you...

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Vin Diesel doesn't even look like Black Bolt (Black Bolt has hair). Did people like the idea of him playing the character just because the cowl would fit well on his head or sth? Also, Vin Diesel is worth watching because of his voice.
He kinda teased it years ago

Got around to reading vol 9 of Snyder's Batman run, Bloom, this evening. Hum. Not sure what I think of his run in the end. Surprised to be thinking this but I think I generally disliked it or more accurately felt dissatisfied with it more than I enjoyed or was happy. Loved the Owls saga, thought that came out the gate so strong and was a great Bruce story followup to the black mirror. I liked the Joker volumes of his run well enough but the rest, ehhh. In general every story being so big and the storytelling being so unfocused as a result, with the eternal events happening off panel too etc. It just got a bit much for me in the end. Feels like it should have been a goat run and instead I end up finding the whole run fine with some great highlights. Oh well.

When did Daphne get swole?
S8hwfAk.jpg

Sandfox

Clone Conspiracy Omega finally hits tomorrow and Comixology better not screw up making the issue available like they did with ASM last week.

tim1138

Am I reading it wrong or doesnt work Pax Americana as well backwards as I thought? Its kinda working but is a bit broken...

I tried to read this backwards lol

You can definitely read it backwards. You're not literally starting with the last page and reading it in reverse order (page 29, 28, 27, etc), you're reading the story beats in reverse. You can read the panels of the assassination (starting from page 4) in reverse order straight through to the cover though, it works really well.

Messi

You can definitely read it backwards. You're not literally starting with the last page and reading it in reverse order (page 29, 28, 27, etc), you're reading the story beats in reverse. You can read the panels of the assassination (starting from page 4) in reverse order straight through to the cover though, it works really well.

I meant his post :/

So I picked up this trade from the library.

http://marvel.com/comics/collection...girl_the_great_lakes_avengers_trade_paperback

The tpb has the new logo and a cute cover that looks like this.

The first issue is SG's first appearance. Then the second issue opens with

And the trade collects

GLA 1-4, GLX-MAS SPECIAL, THING (2006) 8, CABLE & DEADPOOL 30, DEADPOOL/GLI SUMMER FUN SPECTACULAR; MATERIAL FROM MARVEL SUPER-HEROES (1990) 8, I HEART MARVEL: MASKED INTENTIONS, AGE OF HEROES 3, I AM AN AVENGER 1

Feels like a bit of a bait and switch...

TheFlow

Banned
Yah just made the list

The ridick movies

Private Ryan

Fast and the furious franchise.

He can carry an action movie but he is not winning any Oscars.

Top Bottom