• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

More MU reading, getting caught up with darth Vader and the mining planet arc was great, much better than the last Star Wars issue I read, the book just feels more star warsy whereas Star Wars seems too scattered.

Yep, it was a big improvement after Vader Down. Trios was a good character, I liked her and Vader teaming up.

Vader was definitely the stronger book and Aphra is now.

Wasn't one announced along with Rebirth?

Notably missing from the announcements were previously announced titles Earth 2 and Gotham Academy: Second Semester, but Gotham Academy co-writer Brenden Fletcher tweeted that the title will return.

From this comic alliance article it makes it seem like something was said about it just before Rebirth but then nothing was said at WonderCon or ever again that I know of.

Sandfox

Wasp: she loves it! It got laughs. She had to show me her favorite panels. I'm so glad. It's a great fit for her (she asked for a microscope for her birthday). She's going back to read the first issue.

-She has read almost every issue of both My Little Pony books
-She likes the new Wonder Woman book, but pretty much just the year one issues and she reads it sporadically
-She likes Squirrel Girl but doesn't read every issue, just the ones that look appealing

Books she used to follow but has dropped:
Invincible Iron RiRi (too heavy)
Ms. Marvel (tie-ins)
Moon Girl (boring)
Jane Thor (confusing)
Old-ish post, but if she liked Wasp you should try Whitley's other books.

tim1138

I don't think Earth 2 Rebirth was ever announced. If I remember right it was listed with the handful of titles that were continuing and had nothing to do with Rebirth, like Gotham Academy and Dr Fate.

Wasn't one announced along with Rebirth?

Earth 2 Rebirth was semi-announced and then DC decided there was no reason to have one.

You can see it on the original write-ups.
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/books-c...dc-rebirth-new-titles-creative-teams-previews
http://www.polygon.com/comics/2016/2/18/11056802/dc-comics-rebirth-reveal

Fall

Rebirth Specials:

BATMAN BEYOND REBIRTH #1
BLUE BEETLE REBIRTH #1
CYBORG REBIRTH #1
DEATHSTROKE REBIRTH #1
EARTH 2 REBIRTH #1
SUICIDE SQUAD REBIRTH #1
SUPERGIRL REBIRTH #1
TEEN TITANS REBIRTH #1
TRINITY REBIRTH #1

Ross61

Don't think DC would've gotten Abnett to fix up the mess that was Daniel H Wilson's run just to never revisit it again. But we'll see after it ends next month.

well I don't recall Red Robin being in The Flash
Lenticular cover, remember? The non-Jay side will probably be the non-burned cover which looks to be Flash #1 but with the "also starring" side characters replaced with the other prisoners.

9dhTilQ.jpg

dlkca.jpg

Edit: Apparently a book that's going to be reprinted this quarter is America vs. The Justice Society. Hmm...

I'd only bother picking up Earth 2 rebirth if it didn't end up with a world ending event. Again.

I tried to read through Earth 2 Society. I tried so desperately hard to like it just because of Hawkgirl. But nah. I hated it.

The Omega Men #5 - #12: This was pretty decent. I did like the premise, the world that was constructed and loved the art! But there were too many things in there that kept it from being great. The heavy handed allegory, the rather inconsistent (or poorly explained) reasons for character decisions at times, the lack of sufficient groundwork laid for the
"oh well, here's the new King, same as the old King"
narrative in the end and a few other minor nitpicks.

Having read three of his works in a rather short time frame, I would rate

Vision v1 > The Omega Men > The Sheriff of Babylon

Messi

Why do you hate it?

I hate Jokers face, I hate the posing. I hate that they went back and redid it with batman.

Granted I am likely bringing my Joker/Harley relationship hate baggage to the piece. But it's everything I hate about them. I can't stand the adoration in the piece. That relationship never works outside of TAS.

Top Bottom