• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

Slayven

I'm waiting for more. Start collecting images if you want.

Wouldn't be surprised if we get a few solo GL mini-series over the next two years.

pUm1U64.jpg

I am always ready to discuss comic fuckery

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Is he still in the Wasteland? I dropped it two issues ago

It has a lot of Flashbacks, but it mostly took place in Japan this time.
Dont know of the current arc, I am reading the Trades.

Have read Aliens: Salvation afterwards. OK book with an ok idea and ok art for Mignola standards.

Next up is Detective Comics and then... Civil War and Tie Ins!

Owzers

Some Vader stuff is getting overplayed though,
a lot of talking to someone then executing them or saying to execute them.

Hagi

Are the Rebirth Green Lantern books any good? I was going to catch up on the Batman and Detective Comics issues I've missed but I'd rather read something new.

tim1138

Are the Rebirth Green Lantern books any good? I was going to catch up on the Batman and Detective Comics issues I've missed but I'd rather read something new.

Green Lanterns started rough but really hit it's stride after the first arc and Hal Jordan has been consistently good since the beginning.

Hagi

Green Lanterns started rough but really hit it's stride after the first arc and Hal Jordan has been consistently good since the beginning.

That's cool I'm not missing anything by only getting one right? was thinking about getting the Corps book then maybe dipping into the other further down the line.

That's cool I'm not missing anything by only getting one right? was thinking about getting the Corps book then maybe dipping into the other further down the line.
Not really. Things that happened in Corps is going to change some things in Lanterns soon so if you only read one it's probably best to start with Corps. Plus you get more Guy Gardner.

Owzers

When are Messi and Freeza going to have a fight leaving room for me to take over OT duties?

Hey Messi! Freeza thinks Olivia Wilde and fraggle rock have something in common, her acting career got lost in the great trash heap!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
When are Messi and Freeza going to have a fight leaving room for me to take over OT duties?

Hey Messi! Freeza thinks Olivia Wilde and fraggle rock have something in common, her acting career got lost in the great trash heap!

That was a doozer of a burn.

By Freeza I mean. Not you. You definitely did not say that.

Messi

Freeza is my best friend on here.

Our OT creation is entirely separate. No hassle.

Olivia Wilde is having a largely disappointing career :(. She's great though.

tim1138

Nope they're stand alone so far, although May solicits point to them linking up. Green Lanterns is Earth bound with the rookies and Hal Jordan is space stuff with the Corps. Personally, Green Lanterns is my favorite of the two, I love Jessica Cruz.

Nope they're stand alone so far, although May solicits point to them linking up. Green Lanterns is Earth bound with the rookies and Hal Jordan is space stuff with the Corps. Personally, Green Lanterns is my favorite of the two, I love Jessica Cruz.
Did you see the interview/podcast I posted yesterday or the day before? I've been in the places she has been(and still somewhat are).

She's probably my favorite new non-teen character created in the last few years(Kamala is the best teen of course). Really hoping she's the first GL in the Bombshell universe and not Arisia. Actually want a cool statue of her.

When exactly is the battle in Extraordinary X-Men 19 supposed to take place?? The mix of combatants here does not line up at all with what's happening in IvX. I hate this lazy shit

IvX may be surprisingly good but most of the tie-ins have been garbage

gabbo

Not really. Things that happened in Corps is going to change some things in Lanterns soon so if you only read one it's probably best to start with Corps. Plus you get more Guy Gardner.

Does Kyle ever get any GL books anymore? He was the Lantern when i first got into comics, so I always have a soft spot for him and I rarely see anyting with him anywhere. It's all Hal Jordan, Hal Jordan or the new two from Rebirth

Ross61

Does Kyle ever get any GL books anymore? He was the Lantern when i first got into comics, so I always have a soft spot for him and I rarely see anyting with him anywhere. It's all Hal Jordan, Hal Jordan or the new two from Rebirth
He's in Hal Jordan and GL Corps right now and going forward. He was also the centerpiece of Omega Man.

He was the Lantern in Omega Men and he's in HJ&GLC currently.

Edit: D'oh!

Going in for Wick now. Will post my impressions after~

Got Southern Bastards vol 3 or Saga vol 6 to read tonight. Erring towards SB but not sure.

Kind of feeling like it will be Scott Allie on BPRD. I commented as much on that multiversity article and Tweedale liked it, who is privy to all sorts of unannounced behind the scenes stuff He's the guy who writes half most of their Mig articles and confirmed the plans for the Abe omnibi etc, and likes to hint towards alot of things he knows so I'm pretty confident reading into it.

I shouldn't have read Spider-Woman and Backstagers back to back ; ;

Hate to lose both of these top shelf books next month. Both seem poised to stick the landing; the Hobgoblin arc was my fave, and Backstagers 7 got me fucking hyped (
though I can't imagine BLL will be pleased by the lack of Sasha in this issue
).

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I've ate like Galactus today :(

This week has been a write off, too many days out eating at fast food places

Yes! All nioh main and sub missions are complete! Bring on Horizon and Zelda

Hell yea. I'm kind of muddling through Halo Wars 2 right now, but cannot wait for these two to drop.

Southern Bastards vol 3 was all kinds of good. Very much reminded me of Scalped with it's world building, doing the each issue to a different character thing for an arc. More depth for the entire cast while posing more and more questions about everyone's history and relationships etc. Brilliant comics.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I shouldn't have read Spider-Woman and Backstagers back to back ; ;

Hate to lose both of these top shelf books next month. Both seem poised to stick the landing; the Hobgoblin arc was my fave, and Backstagers 7 got me fucking hyped (
though I can't imagine BLL will be pleased by the lack of Sasha in this issue
).

I got a good enough laugh out of the little he was in that I'm ok with it.

I think they're gonna nail the landing too. Tynion is on a roll lately.

Top Bottom