• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mafro

So the separate Marvel, DC and Image iOS apps powered by Comixology still work as normal with in-app purchases. I wonder how long they'll stay that way.

So the separate Marvel, DC and Image iOS apps powered by Comixology still work as normal with in-app purchases. I wonder how long they'll stay that way.
You just alerted Eric J. Look for it to be gone within ghe day and Comixology completely killed. Lol digital.

Isak_Borg

You just alerted Eric J. Look for it to be gone within ghe day and Comixology completely killed. Lol digital.

It's ALREADY DEAD!

I suspect they'll stay that way for awhile but I don't have inside knowledge about that stuff. I'm low on the totem pole, they keep me in a closet and hope I don't make any noise (J/K).

Hellers

If they keep running sales as good as the last one I'll still be using it. I've got the Comixology homepage as an icon on my iPad desktop right next to the app.

Hopefully now Amazon will be getting the prices shifting downwards

Mindwipe

It's ALREADY DEAD!

I suspect they'll stay that way for awhile but I don't have inside knowledge about that stuff. I'm low on the totem pole, they keep me in a closet and hope I don't make any noise (J/K).

Haven't IDW said they are going to keep theirs going the way it is?

(Though if I were Comixology I'd be passing the costs to them and I suspect they'll change their attitude pretty damned quick.)

Mafro

LOL! Let's hope Eric J. keeps schtum.

Today's New Avengers #17 recommends reading Avengers #28 first. I stopped reading after the first issue after Rogue Planet with AIM and the adaptoids. Just read Avengers #28 and HOLY SHIT that was good, looks like it's back on form after the post-Infinity downturn.

Vyer

That Batman/Predator stuff brings back memories. Most of those series were pretty bad other than that one. I remember Supes/Aliens being pretty decent though.

If they keep running sales as good as the last one I'll still be using it. I've got the Comixology homepage as an icon on my iPad desktop right next to the app.

Hopefully now Amazon will be getting the prices shifting downwards

They had good sales before they decided to fuck up the app. Prices actually going down would be the only saving grace imo.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Words on X-Force #4 : yuuuuup Spurrier knows what he's doing with regards to the whole Fantomex thing. There's meaning behind his recent moods, and the hook that said meaning brings in adds some more ways for things to go off the rails, which is what you read X-Force for.

Still that awful Rock-He-Kim or whatever the fuck his kryptonian-ass name on art?

Owzers

I think i'm in for Saga OHC.....i don't absolutely love the series, but i'll be selling my print issues eventually and i do want it on the shelf.

Cheska

I want Black Science hardcover ASAP. Fuck Saga. Overrated unconnected trash.

Rafa...I...just...what.

I don't think we can be together anymore :(

Harley-Quinn-Crying-Gif.gif

Rafa please. Don't do this, you are better than shit talking SAGA brah.

You gotta give stuff time to connect.

Wait, you are with him? Well that is news to me Cheska. Pack your bags.
We aren't together brah. Gonna have to create an amazing comic to win back that affection.

noquarter

So, fell way behind. Just moving in and went to the Comic store the other day. Picked up a couple Spiderman back issues and saw on the shelf 'Who Shot Bruce Banner'

That is a pretty cool story. Never read any of the Hulk before, always seemed kind of dumb to me. Reading this made me pretty interested in checking out the Hulk. Also put #2 in my pull box for today.

tim1138

Is anyone still reading Batgirl? If so, how is it? I dropped it last year at this time, got tired of it always being pulled into crossovers

Messi

Is anyone still reading Batgirl? If so, how is it? I dropped it last year at this time, got tired of it always being pulled into crossovers

Same as it always was. Slightly above average book that keeps losing momentum die to crossovers.

The Wanted arc was pretty cool actually.

So, fell way behind. Just moving in and went to the Comic store the other day. Picked up a couple Spiderman back issues and saw on the shelf 'Who Shot Bruce Banner'

That is a pretty cool story. Never read any of the Hulk before, always seemed kind of dumb to me. Reading this made me pretty interested in checking out the Hulk. Also put #2 in my pull box for today.

Waid has quietly reasserted himself as the best dude writing comics today.

I am. I like it. It's had 2 crossover issues during that time; Zero Year and Gothtopia. It had an arc called Wanted that I really enjoyed. Then it did an arc involving an I, Vampire character I think? That was good if unusual.

Mumei

I'm absolutely loving the Ultimate Spiderman omnibus. Bendis has the voice down for a teenaged Spider-Man. I'm at work and can't wait to go home and read it. I wish they would release the rest of the run in omnibus format.

I just read mine this weekend, and it's really fantastic. I just want to know why the hell they haven't come out with a second volume for issues 40 - 78!

ReAxion

I hear his Hulk is just boring. What's the deal with it?

After #1 I can't tell if it's a bad gimmick hook or I'm legitimately interested, and there's strong possibility it's both. I'm in for at least a half-arc.

I just read a rumor that Marvel might be separating from Comixology.

I want Black Science hardcover ASAP. Fuck Saga. Overrated unconnected trash.

You're haunted.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Its boring to everybody but Birdie, that's the deal with it.

I personally love his take on the Hulk and I'm enjoying his run on it.

Waid is probably one of the best writers in comics at the moment.

Thanks, dudes. I'll read an issue of his Hulk and if it doesn't grab me, then fuck it. I've never cared about Hulk but Waid is a damn talented writer, and I don't think I've read anything of his that I haven't enjoyed.

Isak_Borg

Thanks, dudes. I'll read an issue of his Hulk and if it doesn't grab me, then fuck it. I've never cared about Hulk but Waid is a damn talented writer, and I don't think I've read anything of his that I haven't enjoyed.

I would give it a coupe of issues.

There is a great Banner & Tony moment that is glorious.

Boogiepop

Hooray, my giant TMNT order from IST came in today. Volumes 1-4 of the TMNT Classics, 1-7 of the Ongoing, 1-2 of both the normal and villains Micro-Series, and The Secret History of the Foot Clan!

Delivery companies have gotten terrible, though, at least around here. I was home all morning, fully awake and absolutely would've heard if they gave any kind of indication they were here. Instead the Fed-ex guy seems to have left the package out in the rain and bolted without so much as a ring or a knock, where it sat for an hour until I happened to check tracking and see it was delivered. Thankfully they at least put the box in plastic wrap, which combined with the awesome IST packaging protected the books fully. But seriously, why don't people give any indication anymore when they're delivering a package to your door?!

But yeah, now to figure out where to put this stuff. I have a lot of TMNT goodness ahead of me!

Batman Eternal #4 was quality stuff again. We get out first taste of Dustin Nguyen on art. Was a nice issue that kept things moving along at a nice pace.

Filthy Slug

Dustin Nguyen truly does the Lords work in Batman Beyond. Can't wait to see his Eternal.

I really like the dude's work. The only part of that Batman 28 issue that I enjoyed was his stellar art. He also had a great Batman Black and White story. Dude is super talented with Bat-stuff.

I really like the dude's work. The only part of that Batman 28 issue that I enjoyed was his stellar art. He also had a great Batman Black and White story. Dude is super talented with Bat-stuff.

He was one of the artists I made a point to grab a print from when I went to ECCC. I think I ended up getting a Supergirl. It's great.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Your regularly scheduled Hollywood adaptation update with Syfy starting a bunch of projects.

1) Frank Miller's Ronin is being developed as a miniseries. No writer is attached yet.

2) Charles Soule's Letter 44 is being developed as a series, with Jonathan Mostow (U-571, Terminator 3, Surrogates) attached to write and direct the pilot.

3) Jonathan Hickman's Pax Romana is being developed as a miniseries. Matthew Federman and Stephen Scaia (Warehouse 13) are writing.

Filthy Slug

He was one of the artists I made a point to grab a print from when I went to ECCC. I think I ended up getting a Supergirl. It's great.

Ah--me too. I got the Daredevil/Batman crossover print. I also tried talking to him about comics bat-stuff, but he was just super into Batman: TAS, which was a fun shift from just comics talk.

If comixology compels the big publishers to drop the IAP I suspect they'll all walk and launch their own apps. Wouldn't surprise me if they're all working on it already as this seems inevitable.

I've picked up the Marvel app and have been using that, I'll grab the other two eventually. Heck I might even give the Dark Horse app another spin. But I'm completely done with the main comixology app, I can't even open it without anger and/or sadness.

Messi

Batman Eternal #4 was quality stuff again. We get out first taste of Dustin Nguyen on art. Was a nice issue that kept things moving along at a nice pace.

Just finished it. I agree with everything you said. The art specifically was really nice. I am loving getting a weekly dose of the Bat family interacting with each other.

Your regularly scheduled Hollywood adaptation update with Syfy starting a bunch of projects.

2) Charles Soule's Letter 44 is being developed as a series, with Jonathan Mostow (U-571, Terminator 3, Surrogates) attached to write and direct the pilot.[

I got Letter 44 #1 at Soule's booth at c2e2 (Signed too :)) ),, really cool story wish I woulda grabbed all the current issues from him.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
All New X-Men is the best X-book since Mike Carey's original X-Men run. If you aren't reading this, you are ruining your life.

We really did have a great chapter this week.

Surfer stays amazing, it is a whole lot of fun and very well done all around.

Avengers and New Avengers got REAL very fast.

Amazing Spider-Man, what can I say other than welcome back Peter. This shit could only happen to him.

tim1138

I loved the scene with
present day Scott and Jean
in this week's issue of ANXM. It seems like
Jean
is destined to get a raw deal no matter what. Great last page reveal as well.

I'll miss Jason Fabok's art, when I met him I think he said #14 is when he's drawing again, but Dustin Nguyen Is awesome as well. Really cool nice guy too.. He drew a fast Batman face in my Batman Black & White #4 he signed (in the interior, beginning of his short story)

Isak_Borg

I got Letter 44 #1 at Soule's booth at c2e2 (Signed too :)) ),, really cool story wish I woulda grabbed all the current issues from him.

It's actually an interesting book but I keep forgetting to pick up the latest issues.

It's been filling the void Nowhere Men has left in my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom