• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenixyz

Take a trip to IKEA.
I'll look around the next time I am at IKEA (TBD).

Don't give up before you've even tried brah.
www.collectiondrawer.com said:
We have received numerous inquiries about shipping outside of the United States and Canada. We can ship to some other countries outside of the U.S. and Canada, however it is very expensive. Shipping quotes can be provided upon request.
That doesn't sound good.

Serioauly, what the fuck is up with this bullshit. FBP is gettint treated like Inhuman. Need to get to the bottom of this.

fs14.jpg

Ephidel

Okay guys, here's my (incredibly awesome) pull-list. Bold items aren't getting dropped, italicized items are books I'd rather not drop. Items with a "-" are inconsequential as I just buy them off the rack and/or they never ever come out. I'd like to get the list down to 20-25 items. Have at it. DESTROY.

My attempt, where 1-16 are the books you 'protected' and 17-25 are my best attempts to fit your pulls in the space that remained :p

Fixed
1. Saga
2. Powers: Bureau
3. Invincible
4. All-New X-men
5. Rat Queens
6. Uber
7. Uncanny X-Men
8. Guardians of the Galaxy
9. Ms. Marvel
10. Velvet
11. Uncanny Avengers
Preferred
12. Sinestro
13. Lazarus
14. Alex + Ada
15. Red Sonja
16. Sex Criminals
Coming To An End Anyway
17. Wake (ends in two months, you're 8/10ths of the way through, might as well finish it)
18. Wonder Woman (this creative team's story ends in 'fall')​
Long Running Series I Presume You Have A Vested Interest In
19. The Walking Dead
20. Chew
21. TMNT
22. Unwritten Apocalypse​
Discussion Fodder
23. Original Sin
24. She-Hulk
25. Harley Quinn​
Uncountables
-Fuse
-Scarlet
-Silver Surfer
-New Avengers​

Which would leave everything else on the cut or tradewait list:

Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Elektra, Iron Fist -- If you wanted to keep following these you have the up side of Marvel's trade release times being okay. On the downside, some of these titles probably need the monthly support.

Black Science, Deadly Class, East of West, Elephantmen, Revival -- Image's trades come out pretty promptly, from my brief dalliance with East of West it seemed like something that would read better in trade, and the Elephantmen hardcovers look fantastic. Revival has hardcovers too.

Batwoman, Red Lanterns, Supergirl -- And of course the main downside of bumping these from the list is that if you actually have any interest in following them, DCs tradewaits are awful.

Oh, I missed Veil, probably because the first issue was so uninspiring I forgot all about it. In that case the upside of (potentially) tradewaiting gives you the added bonus of other people's feedback. I suppose on the downside you're probably already 2/5 issues in :|

(I admit I'd personally be tempted to swap She-Hulk/Harley out for Red Lanterns/Black Science but most people seem to like She-Hulk and Harley more than me, especially in this thread ^^).

What awful news, man. FBP is one of my favorite books, and that team is dominating on the book. I thought they were cocreators on the joint, I wonder what happened. RR is super talented, so hopefully he gets way more work.

I agree in everyway.. very shocked to hear about this. I'm really curious who will take over

Ephidel

I agree in everyway.. very shocked to hear about this. I'm really curious who will take over
Same. It's a great book, and the art is a large part of that. I'd kind of assumed they were co-creators too so this is a surprise.
I'm very interested in seeing who they get as a replacement though and what sort of style they have.

Boogiepop

Oh GODDAMMIT Archie Comics! I woke up to find out that apparently the 7th Mega Man and the 3rd Worlds Collide have been delayed from May till late June. Grrrrrrrr. Now my plan to read the thing in proper order has become all screwy. I'm going to have to leave part of the 6th trade sitting around for like 2 months now. I'm really, really sad :(.

arkon

From what I can see looking at Rodriguez's twitter timeline it seems like an amicable split. If split is even the right word. Perhaps he wanted to concentrate on another project? He was alluding to something with Jason Latour.

Ehhhhh, just saw a couple pages of amazing #1 and I'm probably not gonna pick it up now. Too much Peter being overly stupid to enforce the status quo. Otto was a ton of fun and I'll miss it, but I think I'm done with Spidey for a while.

Also,
Felicia's a psycho now? Come the fuck on. Just from spider-man treating her like he would any other criminal?
That's lazy as shit.

Ah, my pull list has been decimated. Thanks guys!

And yeah, I'm only reading Supergirl for the Red Daughter of Krypton storyline. After that I'll go back to giving no fucks.

Sanjuro

Yes and no, it continues after the SUPERIOR comic, but's also a reboot of the Amazing line.

Huh. How long did the Superior series go on for? I thought that was fairly new itself.

EDIT: Yeah, I got it confused with Spectacular. Doesn't seem to hard to jump into, besides the usual "Jesus Chris, Marvel!"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Huh. How long did the Superior series go on for? I thought that was fairly new itself.

EDIT: Yeah, I got it confused with Spectacular. Doesn't seem to hard to jump into, besides the usual "Jesus Chris, Marvel!"

Superior was just a part of a longer Spider-Man story line. It goes Amazing (Big Time) -> Superior -> Amazing. I assume they only rebooted it because of MarvelNOW.

Messi

Super hyped for Amazing Spider-man. Nice to have the second best Spider-Man back. Then Miles-Man back the week after.

Sanjuro

What are you reading?

Jack shit right now. When I got back into comics last time, I basically just started with the core characters and branched out when I heard about good arcs or when there was brand events.

Right now I'm just Batman starting at Damian's death and TMNT. I also have that new Superman series Unchained which I haven't touched.

I'm absolutely loving the Ultimate Spiderman omnibus. Bendis has the voice down for a teenaged Spider-Man. I'm at work and can't wait to go home and read it. I wish they would release the rest of the run in omnibus format.

Humble bundle is having a pay what you want bundle on image comics.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Considering you can check out some of these for next to no money at all I thought maybe someone would like this deal.

Rounding them up:
Pay $0.01+ to get:
East of West vol 1
Fatale vol 1
Lazarus vol 1
Morning Glories vol 1

Beat the average to get:
Saga vol 1
Chew vol 1
Revival vol 1

Comedy $15 bonus option:
Walking Dead vol 1
Walking Dead vol 20

No, I don't know why they decided to throw in 20 instead of the more obvious 2, either.

Althane

Rounding them up:
Pay $0.01+ to get:
East of West vol 1
Fatale vol 1
Lazarus vol 1
Morning Glories vol 1

Beat the average to get:
Saga vol 1
Chew vol 1
Revival vol 1

Comedy $15 bonus option:
Walking Dead vol 1
Walking Dead vol 20

No, I don't know why they decided to throw in 20 instead of the more obvious 2, either.

"Well, I have 1, and I have 20... I liked 1, but I don't wanna spoil myself. Might as well go buy 2-19"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom