• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! July |OT| - Independents Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Any guesses on the token AvX death? I'm banking on Charles Montgomery Xavier.

Owzers

August thread made, i'm sure it's the best ever. Just like Avengers vs X-Men. It's close to correct formating! I said the words....basically.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, that's how Messiah Complex ended. This time I'm going with Cyclops finally biting the big one.

Just in time for Original Five Cyclops to come in and take his place.

Hope that's not the case, but it makes sense for at least one of the original five going down for added drama with those five. I'd rather have young Cyclops actively hate the older one's guts for possibly killing Xavier than the angsty drama of Young Cyclops constantly lamenting over how he doesn't want to become the person the older one was. Although there's room for that if Cyclops lives, I think the focus would shift towards that aspect much more if he doesn't.

I won't be reading ANY of that Bendis crap, so I really couldn't give two shits what Young Cyclops does, and why he sounds exactly the same as all the other characters. I can see that first issue now when they arrive in the present.

"Whoa!"

"That was--wow."

"Did that just happen?"

"Did what just happen?"

"I don't think we're in Kansas anymore"

That will basically be the entirety of the first, $3.99 issue. Characters with the same voice reacting to things and asking rhetorical questions, and people responding to those rhetorical questions with questions of their own.

My money is on Cyclops.
I can't see him going back with an "oh well, you guys were right, I've been too fucking hardcore for the past few years and wasn't justified at all when pretty much every one else proved my Magneto point that you guys hate us".

Beth Cyra

Im guessing it will be Scott. That way they will be able to skirt around the whole Scott/Emma thing and make it easier to keep Jean/Scott together.

I still just don't buy into them finally breaking up Jean/Scott up. Besides Wolverine never keeps Jean the few times they do attempt it for a few books so Jean and Scott will end up together regardless.

notworksafe

August thread made, i'm sure it's the best ever. Just like Avengers vs X-Men. It's close to correct formating! I said the words....basically.

COMICS! August |OT| of APES!!

jDHxUBrsNQvjB.png

jhvM2IvBQfKvv.png

jbnFfWzBcu79Ld.png

jbioUNn7zjDhsq.png

jke65dPF9XqA3.png

ibw0IGg376FwfZ.png

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
The Death of Hope. Kinda writes itself doesnt it? Total Gwen Stacy moment for all the mutants, maybe a wake up call to Scott.

She's a pretty terrible character anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom