• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! July |OT| - Independents Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

last day of the Irredeemable and Incorruptible sale, i got my finger on the button, $58 all in for the full series of both.

Buy buy buy?

My apologies, have some straight up Doom pimpin' in compensation.

wo2Sd.jpg

(sigh)

What the hell is going on with Sue Storm?

Garryk

Looks like Jason Aaron has a couple of things coming up:

HUElw.png

Since Hulk is ending in October (for now), what Marvel NOW! title will he snag? My guess is they put him on a title that wouldn't sell if a lesser known writer was on it. Maybe a Cosmic title?

Mifune

Mehmber
Wow, that's quite the takedown of Larocca's work on Invincible Iron Man.

I still prefer it to the stiff digital mess that was Extremis though.

Owzers

Revival #1 was quite enjoyable, i'll probably wait for the trade though, but it wouldn't be a bad book to read monthly.

NawidA

Banned
last day of the Irredeemable and Incorruptible sale, i got my finger on the button, $58 all in for the full series of both.

Buy buy buy?
Nah, decent books, not worth the cash. Irredeemable changes quite a bit after the eighth issue and I don't think anyone really approved. Both also had too many art changes.

Owzers

Nah, decent books, not worth the cash. Irredeemable changes quite a bit after the eighth issue and I don't think anyone really approved. Both also had too many art changes.

I should have done the rational thing and bought the initial vol 1 irredeemable digital omni and read it before deciding on the rest, so i'm going to do that now and try to read for a little until right before the sale ends.

edit: Finished the first issue and liked it, i like these kinds of books where i don't feel like it's a standard cape book....i probably made a terrible decision buying all of it but oh well. I'll have to sell another omnibus :p

Fusebox

Banned

Buy buy buy?

Irredeemable, hell yes, Incorruptible, not so much.

I just tried getting into X-Men vs Avengers starting with Marvel Point One - who are all these people? What's going on? Do I need to be up-to-date with all things Marvel to enjoy this arc?

Owzers

I don't understand how anyone could read Revival and not want to buy it monthly. Brah is a storytelling artist.

I read too many books monthly as it is, and i don't really like reading anything monthly to begin with Xo.

I just tried getting into X-Men vs Avengers starting with Marvel Point One - who are all these people? What's going on? Do I need to be up-to-date with all things Marvel to enjoy this arc?

The Marvel Point One anthology preview book? I don't think the majority of that had anything to do with Avengers vs. X-Men, just start at Avengers vs. X-Men #0.

Irredeemable, hell yes, Incorruptible, not so much.

Last year's point one issue that came out in november was not a jumping on point for anything. This year's is just to show that Black Fury was always black, Luke Cage is now a mutant and that brahs are Avenging shit Uncanny style.

Fusebox

Banned
Looks like he could reach the trapdoor if he stacked all those water-bottles up on top of each other.

The Marvel Point One anthology preview book? I don't think the majority of that had anything to do with Avengers vs. X-Men, just start at Avengers vs. X-Men #0.

That's the one, thanks I'll start with A vs X instead.

Owzers

Captain Marvel #1 lost me with the second half sick friend/flashback and funeral, it also didn't really establish where the book was going, banking on it being a new captain marvel as all you need.

Also reminds me of Hal Jordan and how I'm not interested in his love of flying.

Tizoc

*shrugs*
I'm looking forward to UDON's upcoming SF comics, but I worry that the writing'll be...unimpressive.

My New X-Men Omnibus has shipped from Amazon. I've never read it but I've heard mixed opinions. But I'm willing to try it just because Grant Morrison.

DeVeAn

I am having trouble deciding on collected editions vs singles. Collected is much cheaper in the long run but, if I enjoy the series then I have to wait for another collected edition to release. Also $3-4 for a new single digital is outrageous. Digital is really the only way for me so which do you guys prefer?

I am having trouble deciding on collected editions vs singles. Collected is much cheaper in the long run but, if I enjoy the series then I have to wait for another collected edition to release. Also $3-4 for a new single digital is outrageous. Digital is really the only way for me so which do you guys prefer?

For me personally I go with trades because they just look better on a shelf, especially hardcovers. I am tempted many times to just go buy floppies because trade waiting is agonizing but I tell myself I'll end up spending double because I'll likely want the collected edition. But if you do digital then I dunno, I guess the cheaper price might justify waiting for the collected edition.

DeVeAn

For me personally I go with trades because they just look better on a shelf, especially hardcovers. I am tempted many times to just go buy floppies because trade waiting is agonizing but I tell myself I'll end up spending double because I'll likely want the collected edition. But if you do digital then I dunno, I guess the cheaper price might justify waiting for the collected edition.
I pretty much have to go digital. No comic shops within 50 miles of me and if I keep buying physical ill just collect and never read them. The wait is what is gonna kill me once I start reading a series. So I just can't decide. The collector in me says singles. The realist says collected to save some green.

Owzers

I pretty much have to go digital. No comic shops within 50 miles of me and if I keep buying physical ill just collect and never read them. The wait is what is gonna kill me once I start reading a series. So I just can't decide. The collector in me says singles. The realist says collected to save some green.

Do you live in the U.S.? You could start pre-ordering from dcbservice.com. Big discounts + Marvel includes digital codes with 3.99 issues = you could build a floppy fort or line hamster cages with issues of Avengers when you are done. Or sell them on ebay for money/give them to a friend. I only trade wait a few books like Unwritten, but most of the time if i love a book i want the omnibus/OHC, so buying print monthlies at a discount and selling them let's me get the story and then decide if it worth the OHC down the line instead of wasting money on 4 issue "premiere" hardcovers for $12 AFTER discount.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I'm going digital singles, but if the story is really awesome I may double dip for the trade. It takes something pretty good to do that though.

Garryk

Ugh, damn Marvel NOW! tempting me to get more monthlies. So far I'm down for Uncanny Avengers and Thor. Hawkeye is tempting me and if Mark Waid is doing a book I'm sure I will get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom