• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comfy Winter Gaming - Do you revisit certain things during Winter?

fart town usa

Gold Member
Just curious really. I guess Winter wouldn't have much of an impact if you live in a region that doesn't get snow, etc.

5EQsCOv.jpg

For me though, I always find myself getting absolutely absorbed in the Wii U and Sega Saturn when Winter rolls through. XBOX gets some love too because of Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding.

There's just something about the nostalgia, launch day window vibes, and pure fun-factor when it comes to Wii U, Sega Saturn, and Amped. Having the portable heater on, the glow of the CRT (Saturn, XBOX) and the vibrant colors of the Wii U just make me feel so damn comfy.

Also, coming home from a cross-country ski while sipping a warm beverage and warming up while playing some games is just absolute God-tier gaming for me.

What about you though? I'd love to hear if there's anything you find yourself drawn to during the Winter.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, et al.

Stay safe this holiday season, especially if you're driving through snow to visit friends & family.

Also, there's a blizzard outside. Can potentially get up to 20" - 52". Comfy factor on overload.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Taking a bit of a gaming break over the holiday season actually, I'm looking at 2023's release calendar and my partner isn't gonna be happy. Getting some time in now while I can.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Revisiting classics happens, metro exodus from 2019 not really old but I tend to revisit games I bought.

It’s one of the prettier games
Metro 2033 GIF by Deep Silver

Trilobit

The ultimate cozy winter game I pick up every year is The Long Dark. Is there anything better than to find shelter in a cabin, start a fire and listen to it crackling, while the snowstorm is howling outside?

I like to replay Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie and other colorful games from my childhood during winter.

Just bought A Hat in Time on steam.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
I always play a bit of Eurotruck Simulator 2.

Mod it to add snow, play online with other people, everyone greeting each other, christmas music on the truck radio. It's just so comfy.

Last edited:
Childhood nostalgia games for me, usually something more arcadey or gamey and light - with some exceptions. It helps bring back the magic of Christmas from my youth. Nothing like curling up on the couch to play Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy 7, etc.

Top Bottom