• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Collectors of Gaf, what are your dream wishlists of uber rare LE systems/games if money were no object?

If I were made of money. My own personal wish list. It's pr0n, for collectors.

What are yours Gaf?

1) Panasonic Q. A rare LE machine born from a Panasonic and Nintendo partnership, only available outside of the West, sporting a DVD player. I love it.

jpg

2) The RE CV LE Sega Dreamcast. One of the numerous DC LE's that were putout during the DC era. Very hard to get hold of these days. I love it, extra points due to it being based around one of my favourite RE games in the series.

$_1.JPG

3) The all white Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles GC. With only 150 ever made, this image is probably the closest you'll ever get to one ever. A true holy grail for any serious collector of LE imports.
luyKh.jpg

5) The Sega Dreamcast CX-1 Divers 2000 Series. Do you want a TV? Do you want a Dreamcast? Do you want both? Why not combine them! Ladies and Gentleman I present to you one of the strangest LE's out there. Looks kinda good, too.

doikkyauoteibi02.jpg

BONUS list for rare games!

Rule of Rose. Banned in the UK and Europe. Good luck with ever finding a sealed copy that won't cost upwards of £2K.

71VUoPrLq3L._AC_SL1024_.jpg

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
Probably a few of those life size statues. Pretty much all the Halo ones. These were actually pretty cheap in the mid 2000's, you could get a full size Halo 2 Statue for like $600 back then. Of course I was young and didn't have that kind of money. These suckers go for a couple grand now :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Halo 2 US/CA 6ft Statue
nn9aelux2em21.jpg

And the Halo 2 Muckle statue from Germany, which is even more rare. This one is full scale to chief I believe, a little over 7ft tall. Last one I've seen sold for $6,000.
85fdce97c9503281aef7867f43bed1cf.jpg

I would also like these guys:
$_86.JPG

Army of Brotherhood of Steel on the Production floor:
103008_fallout_1.jpg

Of course I would also have to have a place to display all these chonks... they are life-size after all so they take up a bunch of space. So yeah...

Rule of Rose. Banned in the UK and Europe. Good luck with ever finding a sealed copy that won't cost upwards of £2K.

I just sold my sealed copy last year. And then I played it via emulation and was like, yeah, not worth that, lol.

I used to be a collector, and despite still having a pretty big physical collection, I'm transitioning away from collecting. I'm just sick of "stuff", lol. I must be getting old, lol. Time to stick me in a tiny box. :p

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned
Wow I’d never seen that RE Dreamcast before. There were so many LE Dreamcasts in Japan too...Hello Kitty and shit like that.

I’ve decided to focus my collection on Zelda stuff for now, so there are a couple gold handhelds I’d like to get my hands on...a gold DS Lite that doesn’t suck (I’ve run across a couple in the past but they all had missing components or screens that were beat to hell), and I think there was a gold GBA SP for Minish Cap released in Europe maybe? I don’t think we got one in the US.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
If I were made of money. My own personal wish list. It's pr0n, for collectors.

What are yours Gaf?

1) Panasonic Q. A rare LE machine born from a Panasonic and Nintendo partnership, only available outside of the West, sporting a DVD player. I love it.

jpg

2) The RE CV LE Sega Dreamcast. One of the numerous DC LE's that were putout during the DC era. Very hard to get hold of these days. I love it, extra points due to it being based around one of my favourite RE games in the series.

$_1.JPG

3) The all white Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles GC. With only 150 ever made, this image is probably the closest you'll ever get to one ever. A true holy grail for any serious collector of LE imports.
luyKh.jpg

5) The Sega Dreamcast CX-1 Divers 2000 Series. Do you want a TV? Do you want a Dreamcast? Do you want both? Why not combine them! Ladies and Gentleman I present to you one of the strangest LE's out there. Looks kinda good, too.

doikkyauoteibi02.jpg

BONUS list for rare games!

71VUoPrLq3L._AC_SL1024_.jpg
Not so sure these are rare, but they're not cheap or easy to get in the West nowadays.

Sega CD Model 1 w/Megadrive

and the Famicom disc system (some of the floppy games I've seen videos of are astounding for their time)

SwcAmQd.jpg

xtalHL4.jpg

Last edited:
Pokemon Stadium N64 Battle Set - at the time I thought it was pretty damn cool.
Pokemon-Stadium-Battle-Set-N64.jpg

Dreamcast S.T.A.R.S. Edition - I don't know what the system goes for now but at one point it was well over $5,ooo.
sega-dreamcast-stars-edition-1555170461-3.jpg

gold Minish Cap Game Boy Advance SP - it was a UK exclusive.

tumblr_p4xvuxWIvV1rl04amo1_1280.jpg

Ceramic White PS2 - I just thought it was sexy.

Elemental Gearbolt: Assassin’s Case
Elemental-Gearbolt-Assassins-Case-rare-valuable-ps1.jpg

Shantae for Game Boy Color.

Haunting Ground - I had the game and sold it. Smart, I know.

Not so sure these are rare, but they're not cheap or easy to get in the West nowadays.

Sega CD Model 1 w/Megadrive

and the Famicom disc system (some of the floppy games I've seen videos of are astounding for their time)

SwcAmQd.jpg

xtalHL4.jpg
I bought that Sega CD attachment on ebay not long ago. It sold for a little more than $100 and came busted. I would buy a replacement but Sega CD costs more now.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I bought that Sega CD attachment on ebay not long ago. It sold for a little more than $100 and came busted. I would buy a replacement but Sega CD costs more now.

That's the problem with these old CD systems - I'm very happy we are seeing stuff like the TerraOnion that can run SegaCD games without the actual attachment.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I have a Q. I got it pretty reasonably priced in Yokosuka in 2006, I think i paid 11000 for it.

For me, it would be the Nintendo Playstation. Even though it has nothign playable it is just so fucking cool and such an interesting piece of history.

Other than that, I want a Capcom CP System
fe99b852-3fb7-11e6-8541-517572cbb059.jpg

Bandai RX-78

Technically a computer, but I want it primarily for it's Gundam game, the first of its kind and it is an interesting piece for a Gundam fanatic like myself.

I love weird esoteric stuff, like the Super Famicom TV and the FM Towns Marty, I would love more MSX variants and a PC-88 even though my PC-98 works just fine.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I was retro collecting games and consoles from 2011-2014. During that time I had two Sega CD Model 2's (the most commonly seen version in NA); both were broken and only the Megadrive worked on one. I tried (at the time I had the money) to buy Sega CD Model 1 via bidding on eBay (some of the Buy-it-nows were upper 300USD + shipping). I would always get out-bid buy bid snipers. This was in like 2013 and Amazon had a ton of used retro consoles up for sale via third-party vendors. I tried one last time to buy a model 1 from a guy who had a 78% feedback rating on Amazon.com
I paid him somewhere around $300 for the model 1 minus the megadrive. Right when he was about to ship, he sends me this message:
Dear buyer,

Just wanted to let you know the disc drive doesn't work. Will that be a problem?

I replied and asked him if the console was working at all and he basically said something like, 'I don't know, a light turns on but the disk door is damaged.'

I cancelled the order and was refunded immediately but never pursued buying the Model 1 again after that. Sorry for the long message but buying retro consoles which were not over-produced is hard and expensive. For giggles, I also tried buying a Magnavox CD-i just to have the additional Laser-Disc player. I could never find one for under $1,000 (which is funny because since their 1983 Pioneer LD models came out...they never dropped below $650).

kunonabi

PL8wq6c.jpg

Sega Wondermega - quite possibly the most beautiful console ever made.

vXOs5nB.jpg

Pearl Blue - Best color for the best console

k3G38tW.jpg

Orange Spice Gamecube - I'm not the biggest Gamecube fan but Nintendo's orange hardware is my jam.

Other than some games I foolishly sold I'd really just want arcade cabs

Buriki One
Samurai Shodown 64
Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned
Virtua Cop 3
Lucky & Wild
Street Fighter Alpha 2
X-Men vs Street Fighter
Vampire Savior
Elevator Action Returns
Dancing Eyes
Sunset Riders
The Simpsons
X-Men
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

and an MVS with King of Fighters 96, Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, Samurai Shodown IV, Sengoku, Magical Drop III, and Metal Slug 3

There's some cool limited edition consoles, but if I won the lottery, or all of the sudden found myself with a much of disposable cash, I'd go for some older arcade cabinets and pinball machines.
596_star-trek-the-next-generation-pinball.png
Classic-Upright-Arcade-Machine-Donkey-Kong-Middle-v2-600x600.png
theatre-of-magic-pinball-machine.png

I would like a perfect Sega Astro City Arcade cab and a library that would make It hard to pick what game to play.

I would like a Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition Cabinet with a complete CPS1 bird collection.

I would also like a Killer Instinct Cab.

Shifty1897

A mint quality Sega Saturn with Panzer Dragoon Saga, Burning Rangers, Dragon Force, all those awesome 2D fighters....

For some reason I have always really wanted Cubivore. It's such an odd looking game and concept, but I remember reading the guide for it when I was a kid and it has always stuck with me.

All the copies on eBay are beat up and $300+ too.

Top Bottom