• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Collection of SaGa & Final Fantasy Legend |OT| Kawazu hates your guts

Komatsu

y2GHaJU.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION
Developer: SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
Publisher: Square Enix
Genre: Role-playing video game
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Release Date: December 15th, 2020

DESCRIPTION

To commemorate the 30th Anniversary of the much loved SaGa series, SQUARE ENIX presents a new celebratory compilation that brings the three original Game Boy titles SaGa, SaGa 2 and SaGa 3 (released as THE FINAL FANTASY LEGEND, FINAL FANTASY LEGEND II and FINAL FANTASY LEGEND III in North America) into one package for Nintendo Switch! (digital release only). Featuring the first three classic titles of the SaGa series in their original form with newly added functions to improve player experience including:
  • Quick save / load
  • Character speed boost
  • Adjustable screen magnification
  • Game Boy display mode – mirroring original GB screen layout
  • New commemorative music and illustrations
  • Choose from 8 x different in-game wallpapers
Note that this game features English and Japanese text ONLY. Original titles not released in Europe.

MEDIA

BLzTuIP.png

Hb4Xzyw.png

rsqiLQL.jpeg

Kimahri

Banned
I mean, yeah, I'd like to play these. But I thought gameboy games were ugly when I was a kid in the early 90s, and now they're just... Ugh.

No, can't. Sorry. Graphics usually don't get in the way for me.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I never liked the GameBoy, but Final Fantasy Legend was a legit amazing game. The one game that made me forget I was playing on that horrendous screen.

Not falling for this digital only release thing, though. I'll jump in when they release it physically, in half a year.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
As a kid I owned Final Fantasy Adventure or Adventures of Mana. I never had this one, but I saw it at the store. Platformers and even arcade games interested me the most on handhelds growing up. I don’t mind going back unless it’s not good. It’s far easier to get me to go back when they emulate it onto the consoles.

Retro games can be good when they add the speed feature. I played Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light. I would much rather play the NDS remake of it. You can’t tell where you’re placing your units and there’s no advanced details to each character. It’s just rough after years of playing the newer games. At least with classic JRPGs developers are adding small touches to make the game a lot friendlier in 2020. I’m considering this, but haven’t done it. I bought Romancing SaGa 2 & 3 on iOS. The SaGa franchise hasn’t grabbed me like other Square JRPGs have. They’re intriguing for sure. I had Saga Frontier 1 & 2 years ago. It’s a series of games I remember, but one I also forget about over time.

Awesome OT. I really like revisiting GameBoy because there’s a lot of stuff that just didn’t grab my interest while the console was still being sold in stores. If I don’t get it then I probably forgot about it.

edit: I went and ahead and bought it. The speed feature will make this a lot of fun.

0-E28439-E-1322-450-E-8312-C086-A093-F509.jpg

Last edited:

Pallas

If it’s not expensive, I’ll bite. I’ve only played FFL/SaGa 1 on the gameboy, so it’ll be nice to revisit it and play something I haven’t played, but it would depend on the price. ..

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm planning on picking this up this weekend. I love these games!

Pallas

Im always so jealous that Japan gets these neat limited/collectors editions of these games, here’s one with Saga Collection, only downside is that it still doesn’t coke with a physical copy of the game, just a code to download it.

vhB2ajX.jpg

Boss Mog

Wow they didn't even bother to SNES up the graphics. Yeah no, I have no desire to play OG Gameboy games in 2020.

Last edited:
Top Bottom