• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Moriarty: Hearing Hogwarts Legacy isn't coming out this year, development is 'in some sort of trouble'

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
A new report about Hogwarts Legacy -- the highly-anticipated Harry Potter game currently scheduled to release this year via the PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X -- warns the game is "in some sort of trouble" and in danger of being delayed to 2023.

The report comes the way of PlayStation insider and Sacred Symbols host, Colin Moriarty, who notes that he has been "hearing behind the scenes that [the] game isn't coming out this year." Unfortunately, this is more or less the extent of the report. Moriarty reveals that he's looking forward to the game, but based on what he's hearing, it needs a bit more time in the oven.

NeoGiffer

d77f6113e97442b917741a49bf258010.jpg

Saber

Gold Member
What kind of trouple? Would be more believable if I get something more than just "trouple of being delayed" rumor.

In any case...that delay would trully throw some money away. Hogwarts is trully antecipated game, I mean people never this kind of HP experience in games.

Soodanim

If you’re thinking of clicking to see if there’s more to it, don’t give them the view. All relevant information has been quoted in the OP. There’s fuck all here, just a click bait title from comic book and one tweet that says it may be delayed again.

The game will be good when it releases, I’m sure we can all live until then

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/hogwarts-legacy-harry-potter-game-release-date-delay/

A new report about Hogwarts Legacy -- the highly-anticipated Harry Potter game currently scheduled to release this year via the PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X -- warns the game is "in some sort of trouble" and in danger of being delayed to 2023. This new report comes on the back of a smattering of rumors and reports that suggested the game was on schedule to release this year and could rear its head at a rumored PlayStation State of Play in February.

The report comes the way of PlayStation insider and Sacred Symbols host, Colin Moriarty, who notes that he has been "hearing behind the scenes that [the] game isn't coming out this year." Unfortunately, this is more or less the extent of the report. Moriarty reveals that he's looking forward to the game, but based on what he's hearing, it needs a bit more time in the oven.

If this is true, it seems unlikely WB Games would resurface the game at a February PlayStation State of Play.
Meanwhile, if the game is going to be delayed to 2023 it wouldn't be a great sign. Due to the pandemic, many games have suffered and been delayed, but Hogwarts Legacy was originally slated for 2021. To slip two years wouldn't be the greatest look. That said, this speculation assumes the report is accurate. Moriarty is widely considered a reliable source, however, not only does that not negate the fact this is information of the unofficial variety and subject to change, but that it's at odds with previous and recent reports about the game that claimed it's going to release this year and get a second trailer soon.

At the moment of publishing, WB Games hasn't commented on the report and the speculation it has created. Typically, WB Games does not comment on rumors, reports, leaks or anything of the unofficial and speculative variety. However, if it bucks expectations and issues any type of response, we will be sure to update the story accordingly.

Ellery

Oh good lord I expected as much.

It already started last year or the year before that when it was revealed how much people hate JK Rowling and the game director at the time (I think they made him quit? I don't remember correctly).

Legit the first HP Universe game I was looking forward to, because it looked like a quality game set in a wonderful world with tons of potential unchained from the books.

Good news is that 2022 looks stacked, but what does that even mean anymore in a world where the first news of 2022 is a 7 month delay for STALKER 2.

My wish for 2022 and 2023 is that games are announced when they are going gold (or in polishing state and playable from start to finish and only a few months out) and not 7 years in advance with a cgi teaser only to be delayed 4 times and then released in an absolute terrible state.

Looking forward to games has become an absolute disappointing nightmare train.

So what are you guys expectations for God of War Ragnarok, BOTW2 and Starfield release ?

Tschumi

This would have to be a far above average game for me to buy it, so either way the chances of my engaging with it are statistically negligible.

I just hope everyone comes out with their career boosted.

Shubh_C63

delay it,
we haven't seen any gameplay anyway so don't know what to get hyped for other than being harry potter.

Because if they nailed it, this gonna make so much money as gaas.

If the current selection of recently released games is anything to go by, I really hope they choose to spend the time to develop the game. The quality of some launch titles recently has been pretty dire.

Yoboman

*Damn i'm disappointed
*Looks at devs past games
*Oh ok
Yeah not a great history but they were with Disney before then bought by Warner Bros. Warner Bros at least have a much better recent history with handling licensed IPs

Fbh

A delay sucks but if it's not ready it's not ready.

What's the dealio?

There were some reports that people at the studio felt uncomfortable working on the game because of the stuff JK Rowling had said.

Keep in mind though that the report came from Kotaku or some other similar site, and they are experts at cherry picking people to interview who align with their views.

Reactions: Isa

ckaneo

Hmmm...there are other insiders claiming it's ready to go for playstations event. The game being delayed to 2023 is bad news considering it doesnt have a release date

But outside of Spiderman this is the established non gaming IP with the most sales potential so they gotta get this right.

OldBoyGamer

Banned
I mean, we're talking about a game where the developers are at war with the creator of the IP they're using for the game. The end result is not going to be pretty, whenever/ if it comes out.
‘At war’. Can you elaborate? Or is this just hyperbole?

ckaneo

A delay sucks but if it's not ready it's not ready.

There were some reports that people at the studio felt uncomfortable working on the game because of the stuff JK Rowling had said.

Keep in mind though that the report came from Kotaku or some other similar site, and they are experts at cherry picking people to interview who align with their views.
The studio addressed that by allowing you to pick your pronouns. Havent heard a word about it since and JK Rowling didnt appear to block it or make them change it.

The issue here is that they were given a blockbuster IP for something they have very little experience in. And they dont have the sony braintrust like insomniac had. WB probably trying to monetize instead of help them make it

Thedtrain

If a game isn’t ready, push the release date back. I can’t deal with anymore half baked games that I am excited for.

Oh good lord I expected as much.

It already started last year or the year before that when it was revealed how much people hate JK Rowling and the game director at the time (I think they made him quit? I don't remember correctly).

Legit the first HP Universe game I was looking forward to, because it looked like a quality game set in a wonderful world with tons of potential unchained from the books.

Good news is that 2022 looks stacked, but what does that even mean anymore in a world where the first news of 2022 is a 7 month delay for STALKER 2.

My wish for 2022 and 2023 is that games are announced when they are going gold (or in polishing state and playable from start to finish and only a few months out) and not 7 years in advance with a cgi teaser only to be delayed 4 times and then released in an absolute terrible state.

Looking forward to games has become an absolute disappointing nightmare train.

So what are you guys expectations for God of War Ragnarok, BOTW2 and Starfield release ?
That's unfortunately never going to happen unfortunately. Metroid Dread and Fallout 4 are the only AAA games that really did things the right way in terms of how they were released..

My wish for 2022 is AAA games stop releasing with awful performance issues and if the game does have those kind of issues, that developers would fix those immediately after launch. I was just playing Far Cry 6 yesterday on Ps5 after a couple months off. I thought that by now the ridiculously bad screen tearing would be fixed. Nope! It's still there and is literally the worst I've ever experienced in a game! Then there's Hitman 3 which has been our for an entire year and still has broken HDR. What makes that one so perplexing is that Hitman 1 and 2 have really good HDR. You would think the developers would care enough about their game and customers to want some visual consistency across the trilogy. All 3 games are even available in one launcher as a collection but the new entry in the series has this glaring issue (something they advertise the game as having). Also Io never fixed these really immersion breaking audio bugs on ps5. Io interactive showed me what is behind their mask of being this company who acts like they really care about fans.

Ubisoft is the worst though when it comes to performance and polish. They never fixed the terribly compressed audio in Valhalla despite saying they would. They put out their games then they only care about 2 things: making their next game and making dlc.

The reason we don't get more next gen patches is again because they don't care about how well their games play, only how to maximize profit. Now I'm starting to just rant but man this industry has let me down so many times.

rkofan87

Gold Member
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Top Bottom