• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Moriarty claims, "You haven't seen the last of Bloodborne"

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love
It better not be Bloodborne 2 by Bluepoint like he had suggested before. Bloodborne without Miyazaki direct involvement is blasphemous.

That IP had so much potential but Sony sent it to die because they didn't want another delay, now they are comfortable with delaying pretty much everything. The game had a very good foundation.
Wrong.

That game was nothing more than a trash tier walking simulator. Sony was right to send it to die. What's with Gaf loving these trash tier games? It's literally nothing more than a tech show case. As bad as Cryteks Xbox One's Ryse game.

But if Gaf says it's good then it obviously HAS to be good. AMIRITE?!

EDIT: Shit for some reason I thought you were talking about The Order 1886.

BB is a master piece and at the very least deserves a PS5 4K/60 remaster. It's a damn shame.

Last edited:

BbMajor7th

I mean, as much as I would love it, it's worth keeping in mind that the majority of actual insiders, who actually work at these companies, know diddly squat about things like this. It's handled by very specific teams who are disclosed only as much as they need to be about anything.

Wrong.

That game was nothing more than a trash tier walking simulator. Sony was right to send it to die. What's with Gaf loving these trash tier games? It's literally nothing more than a tech show case. As bad as Cryteks Xbox One's Ryse game.

But if Gaf says it's good then it obviously HAS to be good. AMIRITE?!

EDIT: Shit for some reason I thought you were talking about The Order 1886.

BB is a master piece and at the very least deserves a PS5 4K/60 remaster. It's a damn shame.
Wrong.

I was talking about The Order 1886. The game wasnt good because it was more like a demo or a prologue than anything, Sony clearlly was out of patience and wasn't willing to delay the game. The game had plenty of quality despite the obvious flaws.

Last edited:

Knightime_X

I'll take "Things that are Bullshit" for $800
All news about bloodborne is FAKE until proven otherwise.

I stopped believing.

Last edited:
A Remake just doesn't make sense. There is not enough of a power gap between a PS4 and a PS5 to do it. At most they can get a Bloodborne port to run at 4k 60 (dynamic) on a PS5. And that's without improving its settings other than textures and anisotropic filtering.

Besides Bluepoint has made some questionable decisions in some of their remakes (Wonder's face and overall mood in SoTC) And on Demons souls well... bosses look like World of Warcraft rejects, they butchered the OST, and your playable character screams like he was swinging a Zweihander when casting magic. That just at a first glance.
Just a port would be perfect and they could use the opportunity to release it on PC to. Now after Elden Ring it would be the perfect time for it.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Niche game that gives prestige to the Playstation platform (overrated game) fix the performance issues/loading times, awful IQ. and awful camera.

Just because of all those issues is not the masterpiece that deserves but many claim (blinded by the hype and Miyazaki wolf milk)
UNXpRC9.gif

Dude doesn't even realize that if you apply that same logic games like Zelda OoT, MGS, Half-Live 2, etc, are also not masterpieces because they all had technical issues and limitations. As if a good game was determined by frame pacing or load times, pathetic.

Niche game that gives prestige to the Playstation platform (overrated game) fix the performance issues/loading times, awful IQ. and awful camera.

Just because of all those issues is not the masterpiece that deserves but many claim (blinded by the hype and Miyazaki wolf milk)
Try erudition and also don't give up.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
I mean, as much as I would love it, it's worth keeping in mind that the majority of actual insiders, who actually work at these companies, know diddly squat about things like this. It's handled by very specific teams who are disclosed only as much as they need to be about anything.
Colin Moriarty is the one leaking demon souls remake this guys isnt your average insider

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Just port it to PC and PS5 so people can play it at 4k/60fps like the game deserves.

I don't know about a sequel tho... Japan Studio is no longer around, and From's sequels aren't as good as their first entries, or at least that was the case with Dark Souls imo.

I'd prefer if they'd focus on making something new. After Elden Ring I'd be very happy if they overhauled the formula.

Last edited:

schaft0620

Just port it to PC and PS5 so people can play it at 4k/60fps like the game deserves.

I don't know about a sequel tho... Japan Studio is no longer around, and From's sequels aren't as good as their first entries, or at least that was the case with Dark Souls imo.

I'd prefer if they'd focus on making something new. After Elden Ring I'd be very happy if they overhauled the formula.

If Colin is right (and I am sure he is) they are not just going to get Bloodborne to 4K/60, its going to be:

New lighting, including ray tracing
New foliage models and updated character models
HDR
3D Audio
DualSense support (Haptics etc etc)
Remove the loading screens
Easter eggs

If Colin is right (and I am sure he is) they are not just going to get Bloodborne to 4K/60, its going to be:

New lighting, including ray tracing
New foliage models and updated character models
HDR
3D Audio
DualSense support (Haptics etc etc)
Remove the loading screens
Easter eggs
That sounds great, but even something like lighting or character models is still pretty easy to fuck up.

Fast loading, DualSense support and 60fps would be more than enough for me. I'd pay for this upgrade.

Last edited:

Bigfroth

I'd take a proper PS5 version of Bloodborne Fast loading and 60FPS, The 250+ hours I got in Elden Ring has me itching to go back to Yharnam.

//DEVIL//

Is it possible to put all these fake insiders in just one sticky thread or some sort of OT thread / rumor thread ?

This is getting annoying really. Everyone speaks from his ass pretending he knows shit and all he got is probably his cousin working as a cleaning washrooms at Sony place not even HQ. please enough. This guy and Jeff banana or whatever his name and the other day was another idiot rand al Thor or whatever crap that was.

Just one thread please.

trikster40

Isn’t this the guy who delayed his podcast for 4 days because of some epic Sony shit that never happened?

Insiders are good for one thing: Absolutely nothing.

skit_data

They’re either making a remaster with added content or a sequel if the rumors are to be believed, I’m open to everything Bloodborne so bring it on.

I expect if this ever got a release on PC, some modders would go so deep, they may even "fix" the engines fundamental flaws.

HYDE

Banned

More like ChorizoTarado. Fucktardo!

I believed him the first time he said it. Only question is, will we get a sequel, a remaster, or will it be a full on remake like demons souls?

Saber

Gold Member
How long there gonna be these Bloodborne rumors? Should be comparable to Sonic cycle, how any of them have ever being right or had more credibility than this one?

Last edited:

DonF

ill be happy with a patch for ps4 pro and ps5 compat, just need 60 fps, chromatic aberration toggle and get the god damn frame pacing fixed, there you go, Bloodborne remastered.

The art style is so fucking solid and the game isnt that old yet.

AmuroChan

I don't know about a proper BB sequel, but certainly we'll get some sort of Remaster/Director's Cut of BB. Sony has already set that precedent and done that with many of their games.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
ill be happy with a patch for ps4 pro and ps5 compat, just need 60 fps, chromatic aberration toggle and get the god damn frame pacing fixed, there you go, Bloodborne remastered.

The art style is so fucking solid and the game isnt that old yet.
Agreed. But what if, now hear me out, Bluepoint gives it the Demon's Souls treatment, with even better graphics due to more PS5 development experience.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Not this shit again, these fucking attention whores. Stop giving them the attention you tools.

We've only been hearing this for about a decade. Sure, it's just around the corner.

Bloodbornehttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodborne#cite_note-2 is a 2015 action role-playing gamedeveloped by FromSoftware and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation 4.

Current year - 2022

Is it possible to put all these fake insiders in just one sticky thread or some sort of OT thread / rumor thread ?

This is getting annoying really. Everyone speaks from his ass pretending he knows shit and all he got is probably his cousin working as a cleaning washrooms at Sony place not even HQ. please enough. This guy and Jeff banana or whatever his name and the other day was another idiot rand al Thor or whatever crap that was.

Just one thread please.
I am pretty sure this is legitimate. Colin generally would not make stuff up for the sake of it, he still has reliable sources.

DonF

Agreed. But what if, now hear me out, Bluepoint gives it the Demon's Souls treatment, with even better graphics due to more PS5 development experience.
the thing is that I want it ASAP. And a patch with what I said looks like it would have a better shot at being developed for the cheap.

Also, the OG demons souls looked old, but Bloodborne looks terrific still.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
the thing is that I want it ASAP. And a patch with what I said looks like it would have a better shot at being developed for the cheap.

Also, the OG demons souls looked old, but Bloodborne looks terrific still.
Agreed, but imagine it graphically above how good Demon's Souls looks now. That crisp IQ, lighting, volumetrics and texturing.

Last edited:

Knightime_X

I mean.. all news about ANYTHING is FAKE until proven...
Hell, even jurisdictional systems operate on "innocent until proven guilty".
But in the case of bb its extra fake.
Only because i REALLY want it to happen but tired of getting hyped over nothing.

Nickolaidas

Banned
From reddit:

Was surprised no one posted this, but last week Colin Moriarty on his podcast Sacred Symbols stated that he's hearing conflicting things about Bluepoint working on a Bloodborne project. The following full quote comes from the timestamp 1:51:20 from episode 204: .

Full quote:

With Bluepoint, I was…I’ve been talking to someone reliable who was like, ‘No, man, Bluepoint…isn’t making that…anything to do with Demon’s Souls or Bloodborne or anything like, the Souls games at all.’ And I was like, really? So now I’m double guessing—I’m second-guessing…if that game’s coming. I think it is [coming], you know, like a Bloodborne remaster and all of that…what I heard is that it is. So I don’t know anymore about that, I’m totally confused, I might be wrong about that.
The context of the conversation is what each of PlayStation's first-party studios is working on; if you continue listening after the timestamp without rewinding, they're speculating (not providing insider information) about when God of War Ragnarök's release date may be revealed/when it will release.

History of Bloodborne leaks/rumors on this subreddit here. In addition to that post, as of last month, Colin said "we haven't heard the last of Bloodborne."

So, either plans changed, he was lying all along, or the game's coming and he tries to throw smoke to make it a surprise because he got some people pissed off by 'leaking' it.

Varteras

Gold Member
From reddit:

Was surprised no one posted this, but last week Colin Moriarty on his podcast Sacred Symbols stated that he's hearing conflicting things about Bluepoint working on a Bloodborne project. The following full quote comes from the timestamp 1:51:20 from episode 204: .

Full quote:

The context of the conversation is what each of PlayStation's first-party studios is working on; if you continue listening after the timestamp without rewinding, they're speculating (not providing insider information) about when God of War Ragnarök's release date may be revealed/when it will release.

History of Bloodborne leaks/rumors on this subreddit here. In addition to that post, as of last month, Colin said "we haven't heard the last of Bloodborne."

So, either plans changed, he was lying all along, or the game's coming and he tries to throw smoke to make it a surprise because he got some people pissed off by 'leaking' it.

Jesus Fuck. Thank you. I just heard about this earlier and spent what little time I had trying to find the moment it was stated. I gave up because I didn't have time to sit and listen to the whole thing to find the moment.

I don't think he was lying about anything. He probably heard from sources he trusted that it was what Bluepoint was working on. Now someone else he trusts to know about it is telling him Bluepoint is not working on Bloodborne.

So at that this point, there is no credible source stating Bloodborne is coming in some shape or form and if it even is, it's not from Bluepoint.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

From reddit:

Full quote:

He got told 1 thing by 1 person.

Now he got told conflicting info by another person.

What else can he do besides share it with his audience?

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
If 'this' bloodborne is real...then Kojima's Silent Hill via Blue Box/ abandoned Hasan is also real.

You can not have one without the other.

Editaur

All this just sounds like the typical journalist/influencer stretching information to continue the grift.

Top Bottom