• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Moriarty: Bloodborne Remaster and Bloodborne 2 in Development for PS5 by Bluepoint

After todays gameplay is clear that Miyazaki and From cant be involved in Bloodborne 2 in a deep way. Maybe Miyazaki is producer
I could see Miyazaki providing the story, and basic designs for Bluepoint to run with. Like i have said before, i hope its a prequel that has to do with the conflict between the vilebloods, and healing church. Martyr Logarius would be a main character, much like father gascoigne.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
After todays gameplay is clear that Miyazaki and From cant be involved in Bloodborne 2 in a deep way. Maybe Miyazaki is producer

Miyazaki was in charge of both Bloodborne and DS3, which released a year apart. Every chance he could be at the helm of ER, and BB2, regardless of where production ends up on the latter.

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
Can't wait to see you online.
Ron Burgundy What GIF

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
No one was able to make a AAA souls game tho.
Well if we want to be pedantic, neither has From.
But the likes of The Surge and Mortal Shell are ultimately in the same budget-ballpark as Souls originals - we can argue quality, but scope/production values have been done, clearly.

Bluepoint proved with their deviations in character design and soundtrack in the Demon's Souls remake that they can't be trusted to get the art direction right. If From is directly supervising (sort of like how Nintendo supervised Metroid Dread) I could see this working out, but not otherwise.

Perrott

Gold Member
Bluepoint proved with their deviations in character design and soundtrack in the Demon's Souls remake that they can't be trusted to get the art direction right. If From is directly supervising (sort of like how Nintendo supervised Metroid Dread) I could see this working out, but not otherwise.
OG Demon's Souls would've looked pretty much the same as the remake had not FROM been a mess when it comes to visual fidelity + without having to work on the PS3 hardware.

K2D

Banned
Allow me to digress, but.. been playing Bloodborne atm, and well..

..did people enjoy wallowing through the chalice dungeons?

K2D

Banned
I'm at Ailing Loran and I'm beginning to get chalice and crypts up to here *gesture throat*

H0apcR2.gif

Shmunter

Yeah Bloodborne 2 as the first true game ever developed by the studio. What could go wrong ?
Well they do have intimate knowledge of how these games hang together after the remaster efforts. But I agree, the lore, story and new level design is a whole new ball game from tracing what’s there.

OG Demon's Souls would've looked pretty much the same as the remake had not FROM been a mess when it comes to visual fidelity + without having to work on the PS3 hardware.
Most of Bluepoint's work on the remake was stellar, but it was precisely those areas where they allowed themselves the most creative liberties where things went most awry

Azurro

Banned
Allow me to digress, but.. been playing Bloodborne atm, and well..

..did people enjoy wallowing through the chalice dungeons?

The only part of the game I didn't like. Don't do them unless you are trying to find some items only available there, iirc, or you are a masochist.

• LOL
Reactions: K2D

ACESHIGH

Banned
Sadly I never played Bloodborne so... are the chalice dungeons some sort of rogue lite mode like in Streets of Rage 4 for example? Because that sounds right up my alley. But I heard there was a lot of backlash against this part of the game in particular.

demonstr8

The Chalice Dungeons are hand crafted all the way to the
Pthumerian Queen
which is hours of great content. It always felt amazing pulling the Lever to the next level down even as I was getting killed and although they share some of the same assets there are so many unique bosses and weapons in there you'd be crazy not to go and some of the latter CDs surprise you with their totally new layouts. Never understood the people who complain about them and I also remember people who uses to come into thread's on a certain message board and call them shit because they were randomly generated... When they're not. Until you're almost completely done with every CD area. It's part of why BB is the best. No empty open world just one badass dungeon after the other.

K2D

Banned
Sadly I never played Bloodborne so... are the chalice dungeons some sort of rogue lite mode like in Streets of Rage 4 for example? Because that sounds right up my alley. But I heard there was a lot of backlash against this part of the game in particular.
It's like Skyrim dungeons only more dreary and you have to do each one 100% to unlock the next which look exactly the same with a slight variation of enemies. They look very cookiecutter and samey, and you're guaranteed to get lost ever time you enter one because every two turns look the same.

The positives are the bosses. Which in my case stacks up to maybe 5 % of the time. Not taking into account bloodvial farming.

There's been next to no interesting loot so far with the exception of some gems that are marginally better.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

I loved Chalice Dungeons in BB. They added a great deal of longevity to the game with unique enemies and bosses. Great for co-op too. I hope they flesh it out even more in a sequel. They better not fucking remove them due to whiny crybabies.

Last edited:

Aesius

I loved Chalice Dungeons in BB. They added a great deal of longevity to the game with unique enemies and bosses. Great for co-op too. I hope they flesh it out even more in a sequel. They better not fucking remove them due to whiny crybabies.
I'm a fan of them as well. I loved how bleak and desolate they could feel. I just wish they were tied into the game world more seamlessly.

Aesius

Yes. Come at me...

Those freaks are satisfying to kill. In fact, Bloodborne's combat is at its best when you're pillaging through the latter Chalice Dungeons. You truly feel like a badass hunter just annihilating all of these hideous creatures deep in a foreboding labyrinth.

K2D

Banned
I'm being a bit facetious and hyperbolic - there are some high points to the dungeons: They are, with exception of trophies, voluntary.
I'm racking up a lot of souls, so I feel some what incentivised to keep at it.
Just got my first weapon in Lower Ailing Loran.
There's natural/unnatural lightning forks inside the tombs..?! Plus for electrifying atmosphere (that's a pun)!

Yes. Come at me...

Any time bro, let's go! :messenger_beaming:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
not sure i want Bloodborne 2 from Bluepoint. they don't have much experience of making their own games. get From Software back to do it.

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
I think a souls game from people with a different take, clean slate fresh ideas and technical understanding could be great.

The important things are carved out by BB for then to use.

Hope this happens.
I have little faith in a *creativity-wise* unproven western developer though.

TonyK

Their programmers and artists have shown what are capable for, but what about their designers? We don't know anything about their quality. From software shine because their design and now a company with zero experience in that regard will make a sequel of one of the best designed games of past generation? If I was a Bluepoint designer I would be terrified.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Bluepoint can really shoot right up to the top with a great sequel to Bloodborne

Demon Souls remake gave them experience with PS5's hardware and we know Bloodborne 2 will look unbelievable

Last edited:
I hope we get some answers to some of these rumors in June. I hope Bloodborne 2’s plot deals with the conflict between the vilebloods and the healing church.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I believe it. These games aren't my cup of tea but they'll be cool for the fans. Colin is the shit. Do we still say that?

Reactions: K2D

MonarchJT

Banned
We expect you can be better than this monarch
sorry. you're right, I don't want to discredit the work of that software house but seriously I think the industry (or love of the genre?) has made a mistake magnifying their skills. In my opinion the bluepoints if this rumor is true, they will make a great impression.

Last edited:
Top Bottom