• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Moriarty: Bloodborne Remaster and Bloodborne 2 in Development for PS5 by Bluepoint

skneogaf

Depending on the ending of choice the story is a never ending cycle. So another cycle.

So more of a bloodborne 1.5 than a full blown sequel.

I guess different parts of yharnam and at a different time period.

It will be a huge ask to match bloodborne 1 that's for sure as I only kind of dislike the fish folk in the dlc and even them lot were good but I just didn't feel they fitted the game.

They completely missed the mark with Wander, making him feel soul-less. I guess Team Ico did some trickery to make it so that it looks like he's gazing or fixing all depending on where/what his head is tracking (colossi/horse/etc.).

TI64GKl.gif

There's a whole thread on era if you're so inclined..

What exactly am I supposed to be seeing because the remake looks way better and I don't see how they butchered the character.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
What exactly am I supposed to be seeing because the remake looks way better and I don't see how they butchered the character.
Do you not trust the Reee thread?

We are supposed to take the words for those embodiments of beauty over there on how something is supposed to look.

The Tea Gossip GIF by VH1

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
So more of a bloodborne 1.5 than a full blown sequel.

I guess different parts of yharnam and at a different time period.

It will be a huge ask to match bloodborne 1 that's for sure as I only kind of dislike the fish folk in the dlc and even them lot were good but I just didn't feel they fitted the game.
IF they do a sequel it would be best not to add to much lore because this is one of the more difficult aspects so i think a slightly different take would be ok. Best would be to make a prequel and shed a better light on to the pthumerans and how it all came together. Again IF.

Yup, if true that's a huge burden, more so, than an opportunity. Fishing Hamlet was one of the best parts! But to each their own.

Last edited:

Lupin25

So it seems both Bluepoint & From are probably working on this game together? We’ve heard rumors surrounding both of them now, and it only makes sense when it comes to Bloodborne.

K2D

Banned

K2D

Banned
I'll conceit you seem to be right on the point of the hand-flailing.

All in all there is something lost in translation of the original art style.

Both versions are good, but I'd still prefer the original with just higher fps, resolution and added anti aliasing/shaders.

Bottom line, I've now fear remasters that tries to change to much (glow up/down-aged Squall FF8) and remakes that aren't faithful/show enough effort towards small and intricate details (Sotc).

hyperbertha

The sequel to one of the most celebrated games of all time given to a studio that hasn't made a single proper game ever. Great decision. IF sony is this stupid these days they are done.

kyliethicc

So it seems both Bluepoint & From are probably working on this game together? We’ve heard rumors surrounding both of them now, and it only makes sense when it comes to Bloodborne.
Doubt it.

FromSoftware declined to work on the Demon's Souls remake with Bluepoint. They don't seem interested in their old games, or maybe Sony won't hire them. Like Bloodborne was never patched for PS4 Pro. So either Sony wouldn't let them (meaning wouldn't pay them to do it) or FromSoftware was not interested in it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Doubt it.

FromSoftware declined to work on the Demon's Souls remake with Bluepoint. They don't seem interested in their old games, or maybe Sony won't hire them. Like Bloodborne was never patched for PS4 Pro. So either Sony wouldn't let them (meaning wouldn't pay them to do it) or FromSoftware was not interested in it.
Remember this old article?

zedim

Neo Member
always had this hunch, bluepoint was saying that they wanted to do original content after demon souls remake, plus with the demand for bloodborne i knew sony would put them doing bloodborne 2. I even suspect the reason Sony had them do the demon souls remake was to make them learn to design a souls like combat and prepare them for bloodborne

Lupin25

Doubt it.

That’s true about Demon’s Souls Remake and I’d imagine so, but that begs the question:

If they’re not interested in their past projects and there is a sequel to Bloodborne in development, could it be possible From & Bluepoint are collaborating on this project rather than a remaster or remake?

I couldn’t imagine Bluepoint doing an entire Bloodborne sequel by themselves, I’m not sure.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

That’s true about Demon’s Souls Remake and I’d imagine so, but that begs the question:

If they’re not interested in their past projects and there is a sequel to Bloodborne in development, could it be possible From & Bluepoint are collaborating on this project rather than a remaster or remake?

I couldn’t imagine Bluepoint doing an entire Bloodborne sequel by themselves, I’m not sure.

Well Bloodborne is Sony's IP and so if Sony wants a Bloodborne 2, they will inevitably have to give it to someone else if FromSoftware are not interested (or just too busy).

Last edited:

FrankWza

Well Bloodborne is Sony's IP and so if Sony wants a Bloodborne 2, they will inevitably have to give it to someone else if FromSoftware are not interested (or just too busy).
From was rumored to have a PS5 exclusive in development that was a spiritual successor to bloodborne. Maybe that’s BB2 and Bluepoint is doing the BB remaster and a different IP from Konami like castlevania?

chasimus

Bluepoint does a fantastic job at emulating what's been done into something with a fresh coat of paint. I have confidence they can make a brand new game using elements/themes from an already established franchise too.

I'd rather Bluepoint stay a Remake studio. That in itself is something unique in the industry outside of what Capcom is also doing. BP is so good at it too. I'm afraid a BB2 just wouldn't work. Come on man, FromSofts art team can not be copied! No way man please no.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Nick from the XBox Era podcast is definitely a fake insider. He just globs on to credible rumors and adds a pinch of flavor to make it his own.

Perrott

Gold Member
Reddit mod team:

unknown.png

unknown.png

So all those rumors where true, it was just delayed...

y3uu16lxyu971.gif
The remaster being done for months seems to be correct, based on what I've heard.

Various things make sense in hindsight now.
Nick from the XBox Era podcast is definitely a fake insider. He just globs on to credible rumors and adds a pinch of flavor to make it his own.
No, he is legit, or at least his PlayStation sources are. Some projects he has leaked over the course of this summer I have known of for months before he even decided to talk about them in public via social media, rumors or his podcast. Needless to say that my intel on said titles has matched pretty damn well with his.

Last edited:

usp84

As much i am excited for a Bloodborne PC port or PS5 remaster, Bluepoint making a sequel by themselves is completely ridiculous.

Unless FROM is heavily involved then it may be a disaster

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The remaster being done for months seems to be correct, based on what I've heard.

Various things make sense in hindsight now.

No, he is legit, or at least his PlayStation sources are. Some projects he has leaked over the course of this summer I have known of for months before he even decided to talk about them in public via social media, rumors or his podcast. Needless to say that my intel on said titles has matched pretty damn well with his.

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

Aenima

I can believe BP remastering Bloodborne and having a PC port ready, i dont believe they making Blooodborne 2.

The 1st rumor from also a reliable leaker, told that BluePoint was working on 2 projects, one remaster/remake and one original IP that would have the lenght of Miles Morales. This goes against Bloodborne 2 rumor, that is not an original IP and would not be a shorter game like Miles Morales.

kyliethicc

I can believe BP remastering Bloodborne and having a PC port ready, i dont believe they making Blooodborne 2.

The 1st rumor from also a reliable leaker, told that BluePoint was working on 2 projects, one remaster/remake and one original IP that would have the lenght of Miles Morales. This goes against Bloodborne 2 rumor, that is not an original IP and would not be a shorter game like Miles Morales.
That leaker never said its a new IP. Just a new game.

A new 8 hour Bloodborne sequel would be exactly like Miles Morales btw.

kyliethicc

Yeah but an original game is suposed to be an new IP. At least is how i see those words.
Just means its not a remake.

As Bluepoint recently said, they're currently making "original content."

"Right after its acquisition by Sony, Bluepoint studio head Marco Thrush explained in an interview with IGN that the studio was already working on a new project, which will include “original content” that builds upon Bluepoint’s transition from remasters to remakes. Thrush called it the “next step” in the studio’s evolution.

As noted by both IGN and Washington Post, there is some ambiguity regarding the wording, and Bluepoint cannot answer whether it means new content for an existing title, a more overhauled take on video game remakes, or a new intellectual property altogether. Thrush also noted that their current project will take more time in comparison to their recent remakes.

On the day of the acquisition’s announcement, a Twitter account called Millie A (who apparently teased the PlayStation Showcase and the Wolverine game before their official announcements) mentioned that Bluepoint currently has two projects going on: those include an original game whose scope is comparable to Insomniac Games’ Spider-Man: Miles Morales (which was priced as a $50 game), and a remake of a “beloved game”. She also disputed rumors of Bluepoint Games remaking Kojima Productions/Konami’s Metal Gear Solid, which has since been corroborated by VGC."

Last edited:

skneogaf

With God of war being announced for pc then I now believe 100 percent that bloodborne is coming to pc.

I am more excited for it than I am for elden ring!

Vae_Victis

Banned
Reddit mod team:

unknown.png

unknown.png

So all those rumors where true, it was just delayed...

y3uu16lxyu971.gif
Sony sitting on a months-old completely finished port that they haven't even announced yet seems... very, very odd?

The only scenario in which I can make sense of this at all is if they plan on shadow dropping it during an event. Either that, or I'm calling bullshit on this story.

Top Bottom