• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Moriarty: Bloodborne Remaster and Bloodborne 2 in Development for PS5 by Bluepoint

PSlayer

There’s nothing stopping Miyazaki or From from giving creative input or counseling to Bluepoint for this project.
Besides, I don’t really doubt their capacity to make a worthy sequel; the Soulsborne formula has already been tried by lots of inexperienced studios and to a good degree of success (like Hollow Knight).

Bluepoint can do it, maybe even better, who knows.
No one was able to make a AAA souls game tho. And bluepoint has pretty much zero experience making original AAA games. Also,without FROM,Sony is free to push cinematic shit like easy mode,quick time events and other crap that will just ruin the game.

They will turn it into a the last of us just like they did with GoW.

Saber

Gold Member
You guys know this is a rumor, right(out of thousant others)? Why are you guys treating this as news?

Anyway, hard to buy that when the lack of Miyazaki could possibility ruin the atmosphere of Bloodborne. Not to mention some dark choices which made the game what it is today.

PSlayer

We got none of these in demon souls (except the tutorial that was already there) so I'm sure it will be fine
It was a remake! BP didn't even have balls to add the 6th archstone because they didn't want to disrespect the original vision. A new game without FROM in charge will be a generic Diablo 3 clone like all the other AAA souls-like.

Pejo

To be honest, I don't want a sequel from Bluepoint. I really don't want them touching the artistic direction of the first game either. For as good as Demon's Souls looked, it was a completely different game in terms of atmosphere and design. Performance enhancements and leave it alone.

Trogdor1123

It was a remake! BP didn't even have balls to add the 6th archstone because they didn't want to disrespect the original vision. A new game without FROM in charge will be a generic Diablo 3 clone like all the other AAA souls-like.
So you are saying the company that didn't want to take to many liberties with the old one will start taking massive ones with the new one? Not sure I follow your logic.

Belthazar

Well... From already made a Dark Souls have without Miyazaki, so I guess Sony can do the same for Bloodborne. Hopefully it turns out ok if true

Bloodborne 2 without FROM colab is a huge mistake.

Westerners can't into souls games. Even Demons souls remake which is very faithful to the original lacks the atmosphere of the original.

Ideally From would be in charge,outsourcing the visuals to bluepoint(They are pretty good at that).

speak for yourself

I never played demons souls on PS3 because it looked like straight ass

there was nothing special about the atmosphere or music of the original

demons souls PS5 takes a quality game and elevates it due to the incredible production values of Bluepoint

PSlayer

So you are saying the company that didn't want to take to many liberties with the old one will start taking massive ones with the new one? Not sure I follow your logic.
It will be their vision. Sure the settings will be the same,the game may address the events of the previous one. But it's going to be their project which means they will add whatever they want to the mix.

Easy mode and other acessibility options which goes against the souls formula but makes mama Sony happy.

And don't forget the diversity characters. The remake already have that cringe "Body type A/B" even though it's a "faithful" remake. Can you imagine an original game? Strong black women with a side cut or a huge afro,asian girls with purple hair. What about the level up maiden? forget about that! after all: "It's 2021, women don't serve men anymore you bigot"

God dammit the more i think of it the more a real nightmare this game becomes.

PSlayer

speak for yourself

I never played demons souls on PS3 because it looked like straight ass

there was nothing special about the atmosphere or music of the original

demons souls PS5 takes a quality game and elevates it due to the incredible production values of Bluepoint

speak for yourself.

The atmosphere was butchered and the intro of that game looks like mediEvil.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
We got none of these in demon souls (except the tutorial that was already there) so I'm sure it will be fine
And the souls dupe trick still worked, so easy mode is there if people want to spend the time to grind the vendor/souls trick.

Or you can just pick a magic class 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I think it's a bit disingenuous to equate a photo mode with a pause button but that's just me. What is lost from the ability to take photographs whilst in game?

Not sure I understand this logic. Photo mode pauses the game, but because explicity doesn't call it a pause function it shouldn't be called a pause?

Trogdor1123

speak for yourself.

The atmosphere was butchered and intro of that game looks like mediEvil.
Nah, you are definitely in the minority on that but that is ok too.
It will be their vision. Sure the settings will be the same,the game may address the events of the previous one. But it's going to be their project which means they will add whatever they want to the mix.

Easy mode and other acessibility options which goes against the souls formula but makes mama Sony happy.

And don't forget the diversity characters. The remake already have that cringe "Body type A/B" even though it's a "faithful" remake. Can you imagine an original game? Strong black women with a side cut or a huge afro,asian girls with purple hair. What about the level up maiden? forget about that! after all: "It's 2021, women don't serve men anymore you bigot"

God dammit the more i think of it the more a real nightmare this game becomes.
Ok... You are definitely over thinking it. You have no reason to think they are going to do any of these things. You are really projecting duder.

ElCasual

There’s nothing stopping Miyazaki or From from giving creative input or counseling to Bluepoint for this project.
Besides, I don’t really doubt their capacity to make a worthy sequel; the Soulsborne formula has already been tried by lots of inexperienced studios and to a good degree of success (like Hollow Knight).

Bluepoint can do it, maybe even better, who knows.
This, we dont know if Miyazaki will be involved, maybe as a producer.

I don't believe this.

Bloodborne is a PS4 game. It doesn't need a remaster. It still looks great today.

And Bloodborne 2 may very well work by Bluepoint but only if From is involved from an oversight perspective, which I could see.

That said, Bluepoint is making a new IP.

LordOfChaos

Bloodborne 2 without Miyazaki?

Sony owns the rights to the franchise so they're free to do what they want but they absolutely need From and Miyazaki. You can't just hire a random, talented remake studio to make a new Bloodborne.

Also, Bloodborne is one of my alltime favorite games, I really don't think they should mess with the artstyle and atmosphere it's perfect. I'd prefer if they just cleaned it up and added 60 fps.

Yeah. Remaster I'm excited for. Helping them out with anything technically on Bloodborne 2 I'd be extremely excited for. But just giving it to another studio without Miyazaki's vision, that's not what I wanted.

kyliethicc

I don't believe this.

Bloodborne is a PS4 game. It doesn't need a remaster. It still looks great today.

And Bloodborne 2 may very well work by Bluepoint but only if From is involved from an oversight perspective, which I could see.

That said, Bluepoint is making a new IP.
lol "so what?" says Jimbo.

They're "remastering" Uncharted 4 & Lost Legacy, which look and run much better on PS4 than Bloodborne does. All 3 are PS4 games. And Bloodborne was never Pro patched too.

Sony wanted to port Uncharted to PC. So they are taking 2 simple 60 FPS patches of PS4 games, that should just be free, and calling them "remasters." They're probably going to sell that collection for $70 on PS5. Easy money. Might as well do it, while doing the PC port.

They can easily do the same with Bloodborne. That's specifically what Colin said he was told btw. They're remastering Bloodborne for PS5 and PC. The game currently has a bunch of frame pacing issues. Bluepoint are uniquely positioned for this task. They remade Shadow and Demon's Souls by running the original game code inside the Bluepoint engine. So taking the Bloodborne code and getting it up and running inside the Bluepoint engine would be a surefire way to get a smooth 60 FPS version for PC. Then might as well throw it on PS5 too for easy money.

I bet Miyazaki will be a consultant or executive producer. I hope its a prequel that follows the conflict between the vilebloods and the healing church

Not sure I understand this logic. Photo mode pauses the game, but because explicity doesn't call it a pause function it shouldn't be called a pause?
I'm not sure how else you implement a photo mode without straight up stopping the game. For purists, I am sure there is no difference. But it isn't a pause button in the traditional sense.

Not that a pause button in Souls would ruin anything anyway.

Miles708

Bluepoint has shit character designers and monster designers.
They excel at environments and lighting.
Also they make bad UIs.

Good luck.

Swift_Star

Banned
How does the future look like? 😂

Flutta

Banned
Colin is full of shit or he got served a plate of shit. BP is making a new IP, its been their dream as a studio to make their own shit.

Last edited:

El gallo

Why do so many think Miyazaki is needed for a BB2? He’s a director, plenty of franchises have changed director’s and went on to be good and successful. As long as they understand what made these games good and can add to that they’ll be fine.
I trust Bluepoint.

Bloodborne should've gotten a 4k/60 patch by now but this is 2021 Sony. It's the Era of greed. Uncharted 4 remaster looks to be nothing more than 60 fps and they are recharging people who already bought those games. It's gross man.

I truly hope BB2 is not being made by Bluepoint. It will not have the magic that only Fromsoft can create. The lore and creative vision would be out of reach. It would feel like a weird knock off I'm sure of it.

Why do so many think Miyazaki is needed for a BB2? He’s a director, plenty of franchises have changed director’s and went on to be good and successful. As long as they understand what made these games good and can add to that they’ll be fine.
I trust Bluepoint.
Because it's not just Myazaki bit the entire studio that would me missing dude..

El gallo

Because it's not just Myazaki bit the entire studio that would me missing dude..
You do know employees jump around from studio to studio. You think BluePoint would attempt a BB2 and not have people who helped make those games not be on board. There are people already from Team Japan and Fromsoftware already on staff who worked on those projects.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If this were true you wouldn't be able to pay bluepoint to shut up about it.
Season 3 What GIF by On My Block

Belthazar

What's so detrimental about being able to pause a game? The logic from the "souls fandom" is so weird, they latch on to such minor and irrelevant aspects of the games and deem them as necessary... that one would think the games have no other redeeming qualities.

Sony owns the IP they can't just use Froms engine and I highly doubt they license the engine without being involed. I could see them doing a remaster or directors cut and charge idiot's 60 to 70 bucks when Sony consumers should demand more. A 60 fps patch shouldn't be hard. You don't have to remaster what is already a beautiful stunning and atmospheric game.
Which one is it? Sony is going to port the game into another engine with an 60fps upgrade, or its a easy 60fps patch.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
What's so detrimental about being able to pause a game? The logic from the "souls fandom" is so weird, they latch on to such minor and irrelevant aspects of the games and deem them as necessary... that one would think the games have no other redeeming qualities.
You can't pause death, bro!

YOU CAN'T PAUSE ... DEATH!

Dark Souls Rip GIF by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Sony would be dump not to try their hands at a (new) Souls game they own and can milk as a franchise to their hearts content.
After remastering BB they can easily iterate on it for BB2. Lets face it, its hard to come up with stuff (Fromsoft expertise), but expanding on it is manageable.

lol "so what?" says Jimbo.

They're "remastering" Uncharted 4 & Lost Legacy, which look and run much better on PS4 than Bloodborne does. All 3 are PS4 games. And Bloodborne was never Pro patched too.

Sony wanted to port Uncharted to PC. So they are taking 2 simple 60 FPS patches of PS4 games, that should just be free, and calling them "remasters." They're probably going to sell that collection for $70 on PS5. Easy money. Might as well do it, while doing the PC port.

They can easily do the same with Bloodborne. That's specifically what Colin said he was told btw. They're remastering Bloodborne for PS5 and PC. The game currently has a bunch of frame pacing issues. Bluepoint are uniquely positioned for this task. They remade Shadow and Demon's Souls by running the original game code inside the Bluepoint engine. So taking the Bloodborne code and getting it up and running inside the Bluepoint engine would be a surefire way to get a smooth 60 FPS version for PC. Then might as well throw it on PS5 too for easy money.

Fair enough. I do think that work on a potential BB2 is a pretty wild assertion though.

Alebrije

You need Miyazaki to make BB2 the same way Kojima is needed for a MGS game...

If BP are involved on a BB2 project surely From / Miyazaki will be part of it as advicers at least.

If all their releases are going to have their last game visuals, I dont doubt their games will sell more than Fromsoftware‘s games. Specially when there is more PS5s in the wild.

I would perfer they do their own take with Demon Souls 2 rather than Bloodborne 2. Also they shouldnt be scared to take risks and not worry about stupid shit like not having pause buttons.

Top Bottom