• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Moriarty: Bloodborne Remaster and Bloodborne 2 in Development for PS5 by Bluepoint

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

News of Bloodborne 2 officially being in the works comes by way of former video game reporter Colin Moriarty, who is the host of Sacred Symbols, a podcast that revolves around all things associated with PlayStation. In the latest episode of the podcast, Moriarty shared that, to his knowledge, developer Bluepoint Games is currently in the process of working on a new PS5 version of Bloodborne. After completing this remaster, though, the studio then is going to move to develop Bloodborne 2 as an original title of its own making. "They're re-releasing Bloodborne on PS5, as I understand it," Moriarty said of Bluepoint's current efforts. "But we're going to get a sequel to Bloodborne as I have heard out of them after that."

Marty-McFly

Banned
Bloodborne 2 without Miyazaki?

Sony owns the rights to the franchise so they're free to do what they want but they absolutely need From and Miyazaki. You can't just hire a random, talented remake studio to make a new Bloodborne.

Also, Bloodborne is one of my alltime favorite games, I really don't think they should mess with the artstyle and atmosphere it's perfect. I'd prefer if they just cleaned it up and added 60 fps.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Meryl Streep Doubt GIF

martino

I'm in.
Imo it's the risky road but a real test to see if this studio artists and game designers are good outside doing copycat work.
And frankly i'm already not that confident in the artists / from software ones and it's why i find this is the risky road

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Great news

I already finished bloodborne and have no interest in remake

However bloodborne 2 is a different story lets bring it on

Last edited:

WitchHunter

Bloodborne 2 without Miyazaki?

Sony owns the rights to the franchise so they're free to do what they want but they absolutely need From and Miyazaki. You can't just hire a random, talented remake studio to make a new Bloodborne.

Also, Bloodborne is one of my alltime favorite games, I really don't think they should mess with the artstyle and atmosphere it's perfect. I'd prefer if they just cleaned it up and added 60 fps.
Not so many years ago it was rumored that From is working on a buttload of titles. Also, Sony has proper ppl who know whether a game is going in the right direction.

MrFunSocks

Banned
That’s an absolutely massive risk if you ask me. A company’s first original title and its a sequel to one of their new owners’ highest rated and newest franchises.

Would be great for them to nail it, but a failure could relegate them to eternal remasters and ports.

When nixxes pet it to pc then it will be a single game with 3 completely different dev studios releasing it haha. Can’t imagine that has happened to many times.

I kind of have my doubts that they would give the much anticipated Bloodborne 2 to Bluepoint. I mean is Sony really going to trust them with something that high profile and celebrated when they mostly make ports and remakes to my knowledge? They are unquestionably talented, but imo that’s very risky especially for a new, original PS5 game. Miyazaki not being available doesn’t surprise me though sadly and is very unfortunate, so who knows at this point? I don’t know about this one.

kingkaiser

Jim Ryan: "Hey Fromsoft, so you do not want to make exclusives for Playstation anymore because you make more money going multi-plat, huh?
Whatever, we own two of the IPs you made so great in the past, so we will just buy another developer who is so far only renowned for remakes to go on with those franchises. We don't need you anymore!"

Fromsoft:
614VmsFwoNL.__AC_SY300_SX300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

What the hell are you even doing, Sony?
A remaster of Bloodborne would be okay, even if it turned out to be like the remastered version of Bloodborne done by QLOC, but a sequel (or a remake) is a taboo without FROM directing them.

Last edited:

Akuji

I diskike the idea of bloodborne 2. The game is complete. Let it be bloodhunt or whatever fancy idea you come up with. But dont let the 2nd Part be that strongly Connected to the original one.

FrankWza

Jim Ryan: "Hey Fromsoft, so you do not want to make exclusives for Playstation anymore because you make more money going multi-plat, huh?
Whatever, we own two of the IPs you made so great in the past, so we will just buy another developer who is so far only renowned for remakes to go on with those franchises. We don't need you anymore!"

Fromsoft:
I aways thought Blooodborne wasn't cinematic enough. I missed all the walking talking segments and push square to proceed elements.

Finally Sony will do this game justice
Try Harder God Of War GIF by PlayStation

As excellent a team Bluepoint undoubtedly are, I just can't see their first actual prokect being Bloodborne 2. It's such a massive undertaking. Same reason I have my doubts with Aspyr and KOTOR and Virtuos working on a supposed MGS3 remake. Start small

If they are working on Bloodborne 2, I hope they can capture what makes the first so special. Demon's Souls was really great at retaining the essence of the From original without feeling like an exact copy.

YukiOnna

Without the creative input and direction from Miyazaki/FROM? Noooo thank you. I don't care how much pedigree your studio has, I am not interested. That said, this doesn't sound credible at all. Only a remaster for Bloodborne makes sense considering its Bluepoint.

skit_data

That's big dick energy from Sony.

I think they'll pull it off.

Bluepoint must have grown considerably to take on these two projects + another IP. I hope Sony know it's not about the size of the studio but how they use it.
I think Bloodborne 2 is the ”another IP” because they never mentioned working on new IP, just original content. Its possible Bloodborne 2 is that original content.

Winter John

This is great news. On my many, many playthroughs of BB I often thought how much better it would be if it was a cinematic open world with platforming QTES. It's definitely time for Sony to show FROM how games should be made.

I don't have any sacred cows. The more studios that want to make games in this genre, the better. Sucker Punch or Insomniac can make Demon's Souls 2, for all I care.

FingerBang

Bloodborne remaster needs to happen yesterday, ffs. BB2 made by bluepoint... well, I don't know. I think they have balls for wanting to make the sequel to one of the most beloved Playstation games of the last few years, but the pressure would be insane. I am absolutely convinced that from a technical standpoint they'd be able to make something better than From Software ever could, but the direction without Miyazaki... I don't know.

Now, IF Miyazaki and other people who worked on the first game were involved, things would be different, but as far as I know Sony's game with From Software is something else and it's not happening any time soon.

But looking at Sony's first party output, I think they deserve our trust.

Orpheum

I highly doubt Bloodborne 2 being in development without Miyazaki. Now a remaster of Bloodborne is entirely possible now but i can't wrap my head around a sequel not being developed by From Software

Last edited:

demonstr8

Sony own 2% percent of Kadokawa Corp.
FROM SOFTWARE also had a prototype in development for PS5 as full development on Elden Ring was nearing completion according to the "leaker" who talked about both Tenchu before it became Sekiro and Elden Ring being written by George R R Martin before anyone knee about that too.
Seems there is a lot going on to do with FROM Sony.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The reality is that if Elden Ring lives up to expectations its likely to tie Miyazaki down for the next few years, with inevitable sequels and spin-offs.

KRYPT83

Sony owns the IP they can't just use Froms engine and I highly doubt they license the engine without being involed. I could see them doing a remaster or directors cut and charge idiot's 60 to 70 bucks when Sony consumers should demand more. A 60 fps patch shouldn't be hard. You don't have to remaster what is already a beautiful stunning and atmospheric game.

But does Colin get things right anymore. The last few times he made predictions that were wrong he kind of just shrugged it off “I’m human” but kept on making them anyway.

bloodbourne remakes have been rumors for well over a year now though so to me it’s just another person speculating. Time will tell

Keihart

BB2 by them? i have my doubts.
For all the know how the studio would have from remaking DeS, they were not designing the game again from aesthetics to gameplay.
Almost like asking someone who mostly inks to take over the pencils and story on a comic, he might be able to retain most of the style of the drawings but the paneling, writing and composition are hardly things he needed to know for inking.

iu

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I would be very happy about a remaster of the original but i can't believe that letting Bluepoint develop Bloodborne 2 is a good idea.

First the game doesn't need a sequel and second i think that the stakes are to high for them.

Top Bottom