• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Moriarty: Bloodborne Remaster and Bloodborne 2 in Development for PS5 by Bluepoint

El gallo

Played a couple of hours of bloodborne last night, first time in at least 6 months and the first time on my 83"oled.

I was feeling eye strain and nauseated from the 29 fps.

I really enjoyed it and its definitely worth any negative feelings from it but damn I pray for a 4k 60fps with hdr version.

A man can dream!
I just wanted to add a 83” screen shouldn’t be used to play anything but tv and movies. (Just too fucking big to game on) That is all.

Lognor

Banned
"April 2021, Japan Studio was reorganized and merged with Team Asobi and other SIE studios."

I don't see all like you mentioned in your cherry picked quote.
Did you even read what you posted?
I wasn't disputing that they merged into team asobi. But the talent that worked on those games is gone, like I aid. Why do you avoid this fact?

coffinbirth

He was a lead.
You have anything stating he didn't come for the merger with Team Asobi?

wall-talking.gif

Lognor

Banned
A list of who is gone?
From the Wikipedia footnotes:

1. ^ Romano, Sal (2 December 2020). "Siren and Gravity Rush creator Keiichiro Toyama leaves Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Studio, establishes Bokeh Game Studio". Gematsu. Retrieved 22 June 2021.
  2. ^ Romano, Sal (24 December 2020). "Teruyuki Toriyama to leave Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Studio". Gematsu. Retrieved 22 June 2021.
  3. ^ Romano, Sal (25 February 2021). "Bloodborne producer Masaaki Yamagiwa to leave Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Studio at the end of February". Gematsu. Retrieved 22 June 2021

S0ULZB0URNE

1. ^ Romano, Sal (2 December 2020). "Siren and Gravity Rush creator Keiichiro Toyama leaves Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Studio, establishes Bokeh Game Studio". Gematsu. Retrieved 22 June 2021.
  2. ^ Romano, Sal (24 December 2020). "Teruyuki Toriyama to leave Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Studio". Gematsu. Retrieved 22 June 2021.
  3. ^ Romano, Sal (25 February 2021). "Bloodborne producer Masaaki Yamagiwa to leave Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Studio at the end of February". Gematsu. Retrieved 22 June 2021
Thank you!

skneogaf

I just wanted to add a 83” screen shouldn’t be used to play anything but tv and movies. (Just too fucking big to game on) That is all.

Elden ring had me playing 15 hours per day on my days off and it is absolutely amazing!

I have a cinema layout for my sofas and 7.2.6 dolby atmos and believe me you'd charge your mind if you tried it.

29 fps bloodborne takes getting used to when you normally don't play less than 60fps and usually more like between 100 fps and 120fps.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
And yet they had to outsource actual programming duties for their last effort.
Just because they worked on games that other people were the driving force behind doesn't equate to being able to do anything more than we have seen thus far.
To make a poor analogy, they are a really good cover band, but they've yet to write an original tune.
Believe Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

I have faith in whatever bluepoint are doing.

Last edited:

schaft0620

They lost the entire team that worked on Ico, The Last Guardian and SotC.

SJRB

Gold Member
Just for the sake of speculation: what if FROM did all the narrative and visual design for a Bloodborne 2, and Bluepoint the actual coding using their Demon's Souls engine?

Just for the sake of speculation: what if FROM did all the narrative and visual design for a Bloodborne 2, and Bluepoint the actual coding using their Demon's Souls engine?
They need Miyazaki as director, otherwise it likely won't be a proper FROM-tier game.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
And somehow, someway, FROM will find a way to add frame pacing or stutters. 🤭
They need Miyazaki as director, otherwise it likely won't be a proper FROM-tier game.
Is Dark Souls 2 a proper FROM-tier game?

Last edited:

begotten

It'll happen.

Sony is always listening to their fans, that's why they got SOTC & Demons Souls again. Bloodborne is the next obvious sought out game that the fans have been asking for.

I'd make a guess and say Bluepoint Games got the resources for both Demons Souls and Bloodborne around the same time.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Debatable. As you probably know, the game is rather controversial.
Mostly in people's hero worship heads. It's still a FROM-tier game, with the very same teams as the rest where he supervised the entire project but did not direct.

He was just as much involved as all his games.

Gandih42

And somehow, someway, FROM will find a way to add frame pacing or stutters. 🤭

Is Dark Souls 2 a proper FROM-tier game?

Yes, it is glorious. Bearer seek seek lest.

Though seriously, I'd only want FromSoftware/Miyazaki or Bluepoint to do something with Bloodborne (aside from fixing the performance) if they have an actual vision for it.

Ladioss

Hope it's the remaster, imagine the slaughter if Bloodborne 2 wasn't made by From :eek:
You left out the most important one, level design.

K2D

Banned
Played a couple of hours of bloodborne last night, first time in at least 6 months and the first time on my 83"oled.

I was feeling eye strain and nauseated from the 29 fps.

I really enjoyed it and its definitely worth any negative feelings from it but damn I pray for a 4k 60fps with hdr version.

A man can dream!
I am definetly setting up my projector for some 4K60 Bloodborne goodness.

And I sat 6' away from a 100" screen. I can attest to the joys off the big screen.

Ev1L AuRoN

I believe BP can deliver a good souls-like experience. They are a very talented studio. I'm looking forward to an original project from them.

Top Bottom