• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Codemasters has reached agreement with Take-Two and expects sale to complete early next year

Jose92

[Membe

Codemasters has reached a formal agreement with Take-Two on the terms of its sale, in a cash and shares offer which values the UK-based racing game firm at around £750m ($980m).

In a statement published on Tuesday, Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick said he believed that Codemasters’ racing games line-up would fit well within its own roster of sports games.

“With a leading position in sports gaming, the Board of Codemasters firmly believes the Company will benefit from Take-Two’s broad capabilities which will help propel the long term success of Codemasters,” he said.

Another British tech company sold to an american company.

Last edited:

Miles708

First Bizarre, then Evolution, now Codemasters.
I don't know how, but they always suffer the same fate. It's a loop.
They'll make 1 game, will be badly marketed and badly received, and then they'll dissolve.

I don't understand.

alucard0712_rus

Gold Member
They'll make 1 game, will be badly marketed and badly received, and then they'll dissolve.

I don't understand.
Maybe it's because they making racing games?
In time of open-world games racing genre became very niche. There are couple of games that "work", other are just doing same things again and again and fail.
Forza Horizon which is very smart to became open-world has amazing potential.
Gran Turismo has its style, presentation and mass appeal, still amazing hand-crafted driving game.
Couple of sims like AC and IRacing will always have their hardcore audience.
What a Dirt game has better than say- open world Forza Horizon? (which combines many racing sub-genres while stay very entertaining)

chonga

I don't understand.
Being bought for nearly a billion is hardly a sign of failure that would result is dissolution is it?

Top Bottom