• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code Vein Ships 3 Million Units Worldwide

Draugoth

Gold Member
Bandai Namco announced the post-apocalyptic action RPG, Code Vein, has shipped over three million units worldwide. The figure includes digital sales.

This figure is up from two million units shipped in September 2021.

Code Vein released for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam in September 2019.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Congrats to Namco.

Code Vein plays really well on Steam Deck, which is where I’ve played it most. One of many games I’ve fallen off of and need to get back to.

Buggy Loop

Is it fun? I always kind of remember the negative reviews or the bashing that it’s a souls clone, but steam reviews are very positive I think? Boobies only or legit good?

Mr Hyde

I played just a couple of hours before putting it down. It wasn't bad at all, I just fell off it. Gonna do a proper playthrough of it someday. It's just too many other games peaking my interest for the time being.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Is it fun? I always kind of remember the negative reviews or the bashing that it’s a souls clone, but steam reviews are very positive I think? Boobies only or legit good?
It's weird. Sometimes fun, sometimes painfully boring, often janky, sometimes really frustrating. But it can be fun at times. I didn't finish it, but I got some enjoyment out if it. Their character creator was pretty interesting. It's up there with dragons dogma as far as trying to provide flexibility and creativity. Especially if you like anime, which honestly isn't necessarily my thing, but credit where it's due

Roberts

I bought it during my Dark Souls rip-off obsession period, but never played it. It's a good thing I bought it, though, otherwise they would have only sold 2,999,999 copies and that doesn't look as good on paper.

Last edited:

cireza

Banned
Loved the game, my favorite Souls Like I think (Sekiro being its own thing, as it is more action oriented). I hope they will make a sequel.

Mossybrew

Since it was free for PS Plus I gave it a go - and I thought I was in for a typical J-ARPG but no, yeah it's a shameless Souls clone, just maybe not as hard. I lost interest after a couple hours. The combat was just kinda meh, the game environments were boring and tedious, just not my kinda game. The character creator is pretty good though.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

Kind of? If you’re in the mood for an easier Souls experience with some cool weapons. There’s worse games out there and the PC version is under $10 all day, everyday on key seller sites.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Surely that doesnt count this months ps plus downloads lol
Probably a combination of PS Plus and Game Pass users being counted as "units shipped".

Top Bottom