• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD Warzone is giving players ‘god mode’ to deal with cheaters

kingfey

Banned
THE DAMAGE SHIELD CAN’T BE ENABLED DURING NORMAL PLAY, ACCORDING TO ACTIVISION
Announced as part of the Ricochet anti-cheat system that has been employed in the battle royale game, players who find themselves in a game with a hacker will receive a ‘Damage Shield’ if the anti-cheat detects manipulation.

A new blog post by Team Ricochet explained the new system. “One mitigation technique we’ve been testing is something we call Damage Shield,” it says. “When the server detects a cheater is tampering with the game in real-time, it disables the cheater’s ability to inflict critical damage on other players.

“This mitigation leaves the cheater vulnerable to real players and allows Team Ricochet to collect information about a cheater’s system.”
The post also reassures players: “We track these encounters to ensure there is no possibility for the game to apply a Damage Shield randomly or by accident, no matter the skill level.”
Warzone has had issues with cheaters since the game’s launch in 2020. In December, Activision revealed that it had banned over 48,000 accounts in one day.
Activision claimed in August that it had issued over 500,000 Warzone permabans since the free-to-play shooter launched in March 2020.
The publisher rolled out Warzone’s anti-cheat kernel-level driver globally in December.
Publisher Activision recently said it’s offering players free gifts as a thank you after it delayed the launch of Vanguard and Warzone Pacific Season 2 due to various issues with the games and 2019’s Modern Warfare.
Call of Duty: Vanguard and Warzone players are being given a free content bundle and Battle Pass tier skips reportedly worth $20.

nikos

When Ricochet was announced, I was hoping cheaters' bullets would ricochet off of other players.

They took it so much further than that. Get fucked, cheaters.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Remove PC cross play.....

CHEATERS GONE!
51woH1tn5hL._AC_SY450_.jpg

The_Mike

I can bet my ass people using this are less than 1 percent of the total cheaters almost all cheaters I ever encountered in warzone were from PC
I don't disagree with you, cheaters rarely wants to pay for stuff like that.

I have one for when I played consoles. I went way better because I'm already a PC gamer, but you can feel limitations from the sticks because the console reacts to too fast movement,so it's far from 1 to 1 as on pc.

Doesn't Warzone also support native keyboard and mouse on consoles?

-pepodmc

Neo Member
Remove PC cross play.....

CHEATERS GONE!
Thats false.
I remember playing cod modern warfare 3 on ps3 and all my team started to die again and again after respawn like for 3 minutes being shot by who knows who.
After those 3 minutes the game declared our team the winner because it was obvious the match was hacked in some way. and that game didnt had crossplay

Last edited:

Fahdis

I dont get it. Whats the point of cheating in MP games? What the fuck do these mother fuck cheaters get out of it?

Tschumi

Anyone here a cheater? Give us your side of the story...

.. i promise I'll be gentle when i call you a child

S0ULZB0URNE

Thats false.
I remember playing cod modern warfare 3 on ps3 and all my team started to die again and again after respawn like for 3 minutes being shot by who knows who.
After those 3 minutes the game declared our team the winner because it was obvious the match was hacked in some way. and that game didnt had crossplay
PS3/360 online infrastructure was shit for protection.

The_Mike

Not in the same league as what Actual Aimbots,Radar/Wall-hacks do on the PC.

If it was console only player pool, then it's pretty close.

You get easier aiming with aim assist. That's a massive advantage over controller users.

But of course, aim bot wall hacks and shit like that has an even greater unfair advantage.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I can bet my ass people using this are less than 1 percent of the total cheaters almost all cheaters I ever encountered in warzone were from PC

I mean it seems to me like the problem is people are playing GAAS games that don't really care about you playing the game, but how much your spending, hence being F2P and crossplay for maximum coverage.

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
This is great and all but it doesn't change the fact I had 2 games ruined last night by cheaters.

Don't compare PC cheaters to console cheaters, it's two different worlds. I rather go up against XIM players where I can outsmart them and outgun them easily vs. someone tracking through walls and having instant headshots. Again two different worlds that don't even compare.

I applaud Activision in their legal pursuits and with Team Ricochet, along with their new privacy policy that you can get banned across the board. I just need them to up the ante on the cheaters and I think they will as they get more data.

The_Mike

I am playing on pc, and to be honest I rarely meet cheaters.

I know they are out there, but it seems like it's something people scream because someone are better than others,and they can't accept that.

Top Bottom