• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNET - Aladdin and Lion King collection will include a bunch of extras, including a heavily tweaked version of Aladdin.

Fake

EDD8VQaUUAEDm7y-9105.jpg
The collection -- developed by Nighthawk Interactive and Digital Eclipse -- will also include the Sega Genesis and Nintendo Game Boy versions of Aladdin, a "final cut" version and a trade show demo that hasn't been available since 1993. Lion King will get Genesis, SNES and Game Boy versions.
The two games, which will be packaged together as one release called Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King, will come to the Nintendo Switch, Sony PS4, Microsoft Xbox One and PC on Oct. 29 for $30.

source:

Last edited:

trikster40

That’s cool, still surprised they aren’t including the SNES Aladdin. Can’t decide if I’m going to grab these or not, I’ll probably bite though.

Dthomp

Cool stuff ! i was thinking of buying it for the switch but I think I'll go with the ps4 version cuz of the trophies 😉 i want to get the platinum on two of my childhood games

I like the way you think! Gonna hold out and hope for a 20 dollar sale myself but I do want a physical copy of this as long as it's not some BS digital code in a box

sol_bad

Disney Class Games.
Is this a new label they are starting? Anyone know what other 8bit and 16bit classics they could release?

Fake

Disney Class Games.
Is this a new label they are starting? Anyone know what other 8bit and 16bit classics they could release?
Other Disney games 'IF' they get requested by fans... They're actually releasing those (Aladdin/Lion King) because of the recent remake movies.
Here some:
Pinocchio (8bit and 16bit), Jungle Book (8bit, great game btw), Little Mermaid (NES, great game as well).
Mickey and Donald have a lot of games from both Mega Drive and Master System as well. Most of my favorite Donald games are in Master System.

Last edited:

sol_bad

Other Disney games 'IF' they get requested by fans... They're actually releasing those (Aladdin/Lion King) because of the recent remake movies.
Here some:
Pinocchio (8bit and 16bit), Jungle Book (8bit, great game btw), Little Mermaid (NES, great game as well).
Mickey and Donald have a lot of games from both Mega Drive and Master System as well. Most of my favorite Donald games are in Master System.

Yeah, I'd actually like to see all the Mickey Mouse games released, there are a few Japan only releases that are good.

Fake

Aladdin
  • Genesis Version
  • Japanese Mega Drive Version
  • GameBoy Version
  • Colourised GameBoy Version
The Lion King
  • SNES Version
  • Genesis Version
  • Japanese Mega Drive Version
  • GameBoy Version
  • Colourised GameBoy Version

From each game’s options screen, players can switch between a screen size that best reflects the native aspect ratio of the original game or make it bigger or even fill the entire screen, if they want. They can also choose from three different filters designed to mimic the look of traditional CRT televisions and monitors, as well as turn on screen borders.

Link1110

Here some:
Wonder if that leaked proto of Pinocchio for 32x will get all official release.

And never played the Master System version, but I still have my blue Game Gear from The Lion King. That version was amazing.

Anyone familiar with the LJN Defender AKA: Cygnus Destroyer? he started out, doing videos that defended LJN games, but does other game reviews too. For some reason, Disney/ Digital Eclipse sent him an early review copy, and he uploaded a video review here:

Might as well post it.

Last edited:
I randomly plugged n my Genesis 2 years ago and beat both of them when I never did as a kid. My mind was blown and felt an odd sense of childhood shock and respect towards myself lol

OrochiJR

I used to be a SNES kid and play the shit out of Aladdin and it really hurts that this version didn't make it. The price of this collection is a lttle steep for my taste ...but then I always wanted to play the Lion King properly. And take a look at what the 90s gaming magazines hyped as the better Aladdin game.

So Lion King SNES has voice acting, but Nintendo can't ad voice acting in their switch games in 2019?

Fuck you Nintendo and you fucking cheap asses.

ExpandKong

Banned
So Lion King SNES has voice acting, but Nintendo can't ad voice acting in their switch games in 2019?

Fuck you Nintendo and you fucking cheap asses.

I dunno if you’d call heavily compressed audio clips from the movie “voice acting” and it wasn’t even added by Nintendo since they didn’t make this game but you seem determined to be angry about something I guess so you keep on truckin’

Note: i have a medical condition where I can’t tell when people are fucking around so

dirthead

Banned
So I got this, realized that it was just patched roms, looked at the files, and realized that I could extract them from the game bundles.

I now have an Aladdin-Remix.bin that I can run in real Genesis emulators that don't suck cock.

Already uninstalled this sack of shit filth from my machine now that I have the only good bit from it.

Futaleufu

Why isnt the music from the DOS/Amiga ports an option? IIRC it was MOD music, much better than those puny synth renditions on the Genesis version.

dirthead

Banned
Why isnt the music from the DOS/Amiga ports an option? IIRC it was MOD music, much better than those puny synth renditions on the Genesis version.

Because it's just patched Genesis ROMs. You couldn't change the music without doing significant work.

The best way to play this game is still in the MAME hack of the Genesis driver that lets you play the game with the actual movie songs from the OST.

Top Bottom