• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cloud Saves coming tomorrow to PS+ members (plus FW 3.60)

In response to overwhelming demand from the PS3 community, we are pleased to announce that Online Storage for Game Saves will be available to PlayStation Plus members from tomorrow, 10 March, allowing you to store your game saves for peace of mind and easy access from any PlayStation 3 system in the world.

After downloading PS3 System Software Update 3.60, Plus members will have access to 150MB of space and will be able to store up to 1000 PS3 game saves.

To do so, simply highlight the game save you want to store in the [Saved Data Utility (PS3)], press the triangle button to bring up the options, select “copy” and then select “Online Storage” as the destination. In turn, you can access your Online Storage list via [Saved Data Utility (PS3)] when signed into PlayStation Network on a friend’s PS3 and download your stored game saves to carry on your game from where you left off.

If the developer has chosen to implement copy protection on their game saves, you can still copy those files to Online Storage but there will be a 24 hour period, after each save, before you can then download them on any PS3.

If your PlayStation Plus subscription expires then you will no longer be able to access Online Storage until you renew your subscription. However, any game saves stored will be kept for six months and you will be able to access them as before when you renew the subscription, as long as you do so within that six month period.

Hopefully that tells you everything you need to know about this new, much requested service. If you do need any more information, the official PlayStation forums have posted a guide, and ask us in the comments as always.

*Live/auto sync won't be available at launch, but they are looking into it.
*Only covers PS3 saves

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011...le-to-playstation-plus-members-from-tomorrow/

:)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/03/09/online-storage-for-game-saves-coming-to-playstation-plus/

The new online storage feature allows gamers to store up to 150MB of game save data and a maximum of 1000 data files per PSN account. Users also have the ability to back-up “copy-prohibited save data,” and all previously saved data may be restored once per 24 hour period. When the new feature launches, most PS3 titles will be compatible with online storage for game saves, and moving forward, all new titles will have the capability to offer the storage option.

Online storage for game saves functionality is included automatically for PlayStation Plus subscribers with system software update (v3.60), which will be available on March 10, 2011, and users can access their stored data on the XMB at any time. Additionally, users who save their files to the cloud can access their data on any PS3, using their PSN sign-in ID.

Other minor features will also be added via system software update (v3.60).

Rham

Banned
Dartastic said:
I'm going with this thread because I want to. I wonder if this is in preparation for NGP? Smart.

Having saves easily transfer over from PS3 to NGP would be fucking awesome.

offshore

DMPrince said:
what if my sub runs out? will my storage space still be there with all my content? and i can resub to gain access?
It will stay online for six months. If you don't renew it'll be deleted.
If your PlayStation Plus subscription expires then you will no longer be able to access Online Storage until you renew your subscription. However, any game saves stored will be kept for six months and you will be able to access them as before when you renew the subscription, as long as you do so within that six month period.

Zoibie

Awesome. Might consider getting PS+ now, only thing keeping me back is that free games expire if you don't renew immediately for EU + users.

So will this let me transfer my saves to another PS3? Got two in the house and was wanting to be able to back up and transfer some to another room... like my Demons Souls save.

AndyD

aka andydumi
TenaciousNorth said:
The roll out of PS+ only features begins, won't be long before PS+ only cross-game chat.

I can see this. Free for 1 to 1 or + for group could work too.

Nice news for us plus members now.

Zoibie said:
Awesome. Might consider getting PS+ now, only thing keeping me back is that free games expire if you don't renew immediately for EU + users.

Pop into the Plus thread. I think we had some sucess with this. Suzzopher got all his games back when he resubbed, I think.

LiK

ugh, those copy protected saves require 24 hours just to d/l on another PS3. that's a long wait. hope devs look at that before considering adding copy protection.

looks like i'm finally subscribing.

snap0212

PS3 only? I was actually hoping they'd bring the service to PSP as well. It's not really convenient to always copy the save files of my PSOne games to my PSP to then copy them over to the PS3 again when I want to continue playing on there. :(

TenaciousNorth said:
The roll out of PS+ only features begins, won't be long before PS+ only cross-game chat.

They can add what ever they like to PSN+ as long as they stay away from online play.

Don

This is tempting me to get PS+.

I've had quite a few PS3's die on me due to the YLOD and even though I have had backups I still lost all saves that were copy protected. I've even got Dragon Age 2 coming this week but no previous save to carry over because it was lost when my PS3 died.

I probably should have signed up for PS+ when the free Stacking deal was announced.

Oni Jazar

yay cloud.

The only thing is that it seems you have to manually back up saves on the cloud. The PS3 should do this automatically.

Also are there any games with huge save files?

Top Bottom