• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cloud gaming (beta) with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate coming to iOS and PC in Spring 2021

Astorian

Expanding Xbox to new players is central to our ambition of helping games and developers find an easy path to the world’s 3 billion gamers. We are doing this by embracing multiple devices and providing a consistent Xbox experience wherever you log in, whether that’s on your Xbox Series X|S, PC, Xbox One, Android device or – starting in Spring 2021 – your Windows PC and iOS device from the cloud.

In Spring 2021, we will take the next step in our journey to reach more players around the world by making cloud gaming as part of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate available on Windows PCs through the Xbox app and browser, and iOS devices through mobile web browser.

Some other Xbox stats too below and more in the link about 2021 games coming to Xbox:

You’re also getting the most out of the Xbox Game Pass library – compared to the prior year, in November, Xbox Game Pass monthly engagement more than doubled. We also saw:

• Over 1.6 million seamless upgrades delivered to Xbox Series X|S owners with Smart Delivery.
  • Over 40% of you joining Xbox for the first time are playing on Xbox Series S.
  • One of the fastest selling Xbox Series X|S markets out of 40+ launch regions, Europe saw record sellouts in a matter of hours across the UK, France and Germany.
  • During November, Xbox Game Pass members played more of their favorites, including, Destiny 2: Beyond Light, Rainbow Six: Siege, Tetris Effect Connected, and Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order with EA Play on Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Thanks to Neko Mimi Mode Neko Mimi Mode

I have had a lot of success with xcloud and remote play. Especially with my 5G phone. I sat outside during my lunch break and streamed RDR2 with no issues. Except for the UI being a little small even on my 12 Pro Max.

TalentedMrJ

I see no option for it yet
Bought a Shock Blue Controller thinking I'd run games from my Surface Book 2... The Tourist was slow as molasses

I know nothing about PC gaming

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Cool that it's coming to both platforms, but I'm personally a lot more excited for PC.

Calverz

This is excellent. We are getting close to the future of click to start playing to try the game and then start the actual download if its something you want to continue playing long term.
So much more immediate and the next step in the evolution of demos. Id rather this than watching/reading reviews etc.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I see no option for it yet
Bought a Shock Blue Controller thinking I'd run games from my Surface Book 2... The Tourist was slow as molasses

I know nothing about PC gaming

You would need to drop the res I am guessing. Its a 4K screen.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Will the browser version work on the xbox?
I doubt it. I'd venture to guess that if they had something cooking for cloud streaming from the console, they would have announced it here.

VAL0R

Banned

Cloud gaming (beta) with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate coming to iOS and PC in 2021

Expanding Xbox to new players is central to our ambition of helping games and developers find an easy path to the world’s 3 billion gamers. We are doing this by embracing multiple devices and providing a consistent Xbox experience wherever you log in, whether that’s on your Xbox Series X|S, PC, Xbox One, Android device or – starting in Spring 2021 – your Windows PC and iOS device from the cloud.

In Spring 2021, we will take the next step in our journey to reach more players around the world by making cloud gaming as part of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate available on Windows PCs through the Xbox app and browser, and iOS devices through mobile web browser. By adding over a billion devices as a path to playing in the Xbox ecosystem, we envision a seamless experience for all types of players[...]

Javthusiast

Banned
Damn, wish they released it faster. I tried it on my phone and surprisingly enough the games run pretty smooth. Problem is that if I connect my ps4 controller to the phone, all of a sudden the connection starts lagging hard and it says my connection is in 2.4 ghz now instead of 5 or whatever. As soon as I turn off bluetooth it goes back to being smooth again and I don't know how to fix it.

Top Bottom