• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cleared Demon's Souls, quitting Bloodbourne.

Gaelyon

Gold Member
Technically FROM have never been that good at extracting all the juice but yes jumping from Demons to BB was stupid. God knows why you haven;'t played BB before Demon's by now and to be honest you deserve this punishment. It's pretty stupid to expect BB to keep up with PS5 lol. It'll click if you keep persisting but you've now denied yourself one of the greatest console exclusive experiences of all time. I too am waiting for a 60fps update to BB but...man....will we ever get it.

Sekiro is your next stop, it's 60fps and is going to tear you a new one. Without the "training" you would have received from playing BB, you are gonna be posting a completely different take once you play Sekiro :D

I count myself lucky that I played every single FROMsouls game in order of release.

Sekiro was the only one I quit because I got bored of the lack of customisation and the one button gameplay.

Maybe you could try Nioh2. It has a ps5 upgrade and you'll love it if your a buildcraft whore.
I played too every single From games in order, starting with Demon's soul. They're all great, even DS2. Sekiro is amazing but it's the single From game i didn't finished... Not because it's boring, but because i didn't get the boss fighting. I painfully take down the fire bull, then get stuck unable to kill any boss/mid boss beyond. I just can't read their moves and anticipate and get slaughtered... while Bloodborne wasn't easy but i managed to get to the end. So i'm sadly preparing myself to be unable to get through elding ring either.

Josemayuste

Bloodborne felt like a Chinese hack job, never understood the love for it, it's the only Souls like I hated.
American Housewife Slap GIF by ABC Network

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

I'm only playing DS3 on PC right now, no idea how it looks on console.

BB was blurry with a lack of high res textures. To me, that means it looks like a PS3 game. Especially with how dark it is.
On consoles BB looks better than DS3.
After playing DS3/PC.. BB looks blurry and dirty hence me wanting a upgrade.

Bloodborne looks better than DS3 on any PS console.
DS3 on PC I run 4K/60 and of course it looks better.
Bloodborne is brilliant, but it runs with muddy textures at 1080p 30 fps and it's unstable. Plus the weird use of the red/blue filter that looks like colorblind mode is on all the time.

Dark Souls 3 runs with a super clean 1080p 60 fps on PS5.

We are all fans, but let's be honest with each other.

Last edited:

Holammer

If you don't mind, is there a medical term for this "inner ears disagreeing" condition you have? I'd like to know more.
I have no idea what it's called, some sort of balance disorder. The possibility of an operation is currently being evaluated, one that will thicken the bone between the inner ear and brain. It's been diagnosed with a VOR test.

Traveling by car or bus is very tiresome, but I do fine in daily life as long as I don't run, cartwheel or headbang. In gaming, head bobbing and inconsistent framerates are satan. As long as the framerate is consistent I can bullet jump all over the place at lightning speed in Warframe without problems.

Fuz

Banned
Contentious thread warning, I'm sure people are not going to like this but here we go.

I can't play Bloodbourne after Demon's Souls (PS5). Reasons:-

• 30fps hurts my eyes and my soul.
  • Load Times after death (staring at a wall of japanese text, see next point)
  • Japanese language mode stuck even though system settings are English (PS5).

I don't mind the visuals (although they look rough), its the frame rate that is the killer, absolutely ruins the experience.

Is anyone else concerned for Elden Ring, can FromSoftware make a game visually and performance wise on par with Bluepoint? Obviously gameplay is king and From are the kings of this but the whole package.

Edit: I've not played Sekiro, how is the frame rate, load times?
Congratulations and welcome to PC gaming

Contentious thread warning, I'm sure people are not going to like this but here we go.

I don't mind the visuals (although they look rough), its the frame rate that is the killer, absolutely ruins the experience.

Is anyone else concerned for Elden Ring, can FromSoftware make a game visually and performance wise on par with Bluepoint? Obviously gameplay is king and From are the kings of this but the whole package.

Get a hacked ps4 pro, play at 60fps and 720p lol. I think most will say bloodborn is the better game, its hard to back to 30 after playing 60 tho, wish 30fps would die, maybe next gen.

S0ULZB0URNE

Bloodborne is brilliant, but it runs with muddy textures at 1080p 30 fps and it's unstable. Plus the weird use of the red/blue filter that looks like colorblind mode is on all the time.

Dark Souls 3 runs with a super clean 1080p 60 fps on PS5.

We are all fans, but let's be honest with each other.
I said PS5 🤔

Mistake

It’s weird, but I liked Demons Souls more than Dark Souls. The progression felt linear and easy to follow. I enjoy challenges in games, but when it’s the whole game itself I lose interest

I have no idea what it's called, some sort of balance disorder. The possibility of an operation is currently being evaluated, one that will thicken the bone between the inner ear and brain. It's been diagnosed with a VOR test.

Traveling by car or bus is very tiresome, but I do fine in daily life as long as I don't run, cartwheel or headbang. In gaming, head bobbing and inconsistent framerates are satan. As long as the framerate is consistent I can bullet jump all over the place at lightning speed in Warframe without problems.
From your description, I'd guess you can't stand the roadie run in Gears of War?

It seems like your brain's sense of equilibrium is easier to disturb than it should, making it exhaust itself in trying to 'maintain' balance.

I hope the operation works out for you cause it definitely sucks when a whole slew of experiences are denied like so.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I had the same issue. Was playing demon souls and loving it and then went to play Bloodborne and the framework just killed it for me. Never bothered me before

Calverz

I agree op. I stopped playing souls games at 30fps with the original dark souls. I tried with blood borne. I really did. But the motion blur and 30fps is really horrible.

Jokerevo

Banned
I never understood this take, Sekiro is an action game it wasn’t trying to be RPG like other Souls series, is FROM only allowed to make same type of game?

Honestly Sekiro is one of my favourite FROM games, it might only have one weapon but the combat felt much better than all Souls games combined.

FROM can make whatever they want, I will always buy. I was just surprised by the lack of customisation. I mean, I can't even get a ninja outfit. Come on now!?

At the time I was playing Nioh 2 which obviously didn't help because that has customisation on across all levels like nothing I've ever seen in Soulsbourne.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
FROM can make whatever they want, I will always buy. I was just surprised by the lack of customisation. I mean, I can't even get a ninja outfit. Come on now!?
Because Sekiro is an action game, it wasn’t trying to be RPG like other Souls series.

In my opinion Sekiro has best combat in all FROM games. Other Souls games might have more weapons but none of the weapons have that much depth compare to something like Monster Hunter series which each weapon has entirely different move sets and completely change your combat style.

TheBoss1

If Demons Souls is the worst in the series then that's just sad. I'm with OP. I just can't stomach the visual downgrade, both frame and resolution wise. I played Bloodborne for like an hour and it looked like a slideshow T_T

Last edited:

NinjaBoiX

I just didn’t think BB was as good as people tout it to be. It was solid, but nowhere near as good as the Souls games to me.

The frame rate didn’t really bother me though.

GuinGuin

Banned
Regardless of frame rate Bloodborne is one of the best games I've ever played. The DLC is also extraordinary. 30fps didn't bother be at the time. Can't say if it would now after playing DS3 at 60fps recently on PS5. Probably not enough to quit it, that's for sure.

ZoukGalaxy

Not surprised, you can't play Bloodbourne, it doesn't exist.

Here some Bourne:
GIF by Jason Bourne

Sorry, couldn't resist, I beg your pardon for my sins, purify me by the blood

Last edited:

Rippa

Hmmmm….

My Bloodborne copy on PS5 loads pretty quickly. Even after death. Much faster than playing on Vanilla PS4/Pro. Benefit of the SSD I guess.

Anyway….all other FROM souls games run at 60fps on PS5.

I went Demons, DS Remastered, DS2, DS3, Sekiro and left the best for last with BB. Try those if you’re in the “souls” mood.

bender

What time is it?
If you can't appreciate the brilliance of Bloodbourne, I can't take you seriously as a person.

Your eyes adapt after a while. But if you go back to playing 60 fps games while also playing 30 fps ones then your eyes will never adapt.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
There are some flame pacing issues but it was never a bad experience for me..: the opposite.

Bloodborne plays pretty good.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
They're nothing like each other, although they're both fantastic ass games.

SpokkX

Bloodborne is unplayable today when every other souls-like is 60fps

it even has bad framepacing so it is stuttering 30fps

why could they just not unlock the framerate. Xbox fps boosted dark souls 3 - the same should be done with bloodborne

Umbasaborne

Banned
Sony seems to hate how popular blood borne is, hopefully they bring it to modern systems with better resolutions and frame rates soon

ParaSeoul

I feel the same way after playing Demon's Souls and Bloodborne is (obviously) one of my favorite games of all time.

Sekiro on PS5/XSX is a solid 60FPS and somewhere between 1600p-4k depending on the system you're playing on (I believe PS5 is around 1600p and Xbox Series is full 4k). Visuals are good but not spectacular, nothing on the level of Demon's Souls Remake.
Its native 1800p on Series X but has noticeable framerate drops,the PS5 has to use the Pro's checkerboard 1800p but its basically a locked 60.

Top Bottom