• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cleared Demon's Souls, quitting Bloodbourne.

welshrat

Same boat here. My wife and I completed demon's souls. Then played dark souls remake and souls 3 both 60fps. Can't play Bloodborne due to 30fps but really enjoying sekiro.

EDIT Sekiro is a perfect 60 btw with no frame pacing issues.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

I agree with OP Bloodborne is unplayable. it's not just 30fps, it's 30fps with horrible inconsistent frame pacing that makes it feel like 20fps. Especially in a game where animation and timing is so important to survival. I'm hoping for a PS5 60fps (with consistent frame pacing) patch but I'm not holding my breath at this point.

sublimit

Banned
You people complaining about Bloodborne's loading times are pussies.
You should have played it when it first came out if you wanted to experience some really manly loading times.

Ah those were the days.

Last edited:

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Really, just rotating the camera and seeing the background spin hurts my eyes. Is it just me?
It's also a matter of horrible frame pacing but yes, 30 fps are not easily acceptable for me too anymore at this point.

Fools idol

Banned
I would bet anything on Bloodborne getting a remaster at some point with 60 fps.

Sony would be leaving money on the table otherwise. lol

BloodBorne, DaS3, and Sekiro are 30fps with framepacing issues (which makes it seems stuttery even when the frame rate doesn’t drop) on last gen. I played through all 3 multiple times and had to get used to it initially with DaS3. DaS3/Sekiro at least get a bump to 60fps or next/current gen. I imagine Elden Ring will be similar (30 w/ fp stutter last gen, 60 current).

Personally Demon’s is my least favorite Souls so I’d probably still take stuttery BB over it.

ToadMan

I’m gonna agree with the OP - I’ve never been able to get through Bloodborne because it gives me a headache to play it.
And I completed DS1 (remaster), DS2 and DS3 on PS4 Pro.

But bloodborne on PS4 pro and even PS5 is just too painful to play for more than an hour or two.

I actually didn’t think it was the FPS - to me it felt like the blur of low resolution and perhaps compounded by dynamic Res if it uses that feature, causing eye strain.

I’ve had a quite few games feel like this to me - quite common that the big open world Ubisoft games have this effect.

Last edited:

Damigos

Really, just rotating the camera and seeing the background spin hurts my eyes. Is it just me?
Most action games need 60 fps.
Some games though are excellent at 30 fps, like Uncharted 4.
Bloodborne's problem is not the 30 fps. It is that its not even 30 fps, or stable.

PRiSMiWi

Contentious thread warning, I'm sure people are not going to like this but here we go.

I can't play Bloodbourne after Demon's Souls (PS5). Reasons:-

• 30fps hurts my eyes and my soul.
  • Load Times after death (staring at a wall of japanese text, see next point)
  • Japanese language mode stuck even though system settings are English (PS5).

I don't mind the visuals (although they look rough), its the frame rate that is the killer, absolutely ruins the experience.

Is anyone else concerned for Elden Ring, can FromSoftware make a game visually and performance wise on par with Bluepoint? Obviously gameplay is king and From are the kings of this but the whole package.

Edit: I've not played Sekiro, how is the frame rate, load times?
I’m sorry. I’m playing demons souls remake and I can’t stop thinking how much I love BB, way more than demons souls.

Top Bottom