• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Classic Jurassic Park Video Games Getting Re-Released

fart town usa

Gold Member
Yeah, I read reviews at the time, but I was a Nintendo kid.
Crazy to think how radically different a game with the same name could be on different systems back then.
I miss that so much. Turtles in Time/Hyperstone Heist. Contra 3/Hard Corps. Castlevania 4/Bloodlines. Aladdin is my favorite example, both games were awesome and wildly different. SNES being more of a platformer, Genesis being more action.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Just as a reminder:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Where's my god damned Trespasser?

Replay_tresspasser_600.jpg
What's the question again?

Ugh, noboby wants this. I loved the franchise, and even as a dumb kid, I knew these games were bad. This isn't like TMNT where you've got some 9/10 games mixed in with the 4's. Nothing here was ever considered high quality.

Say what you want about the gameplay and poor game design choices like no passwords / saves, but don’t you dare count the music as a negative.

Here's my personal favorite track, Triceratops Trot:

You can knock the quality of Ocean's games (I still like SNES Jurassic Park, though), but nobody here can deny that their composers (Jonathan Dunn, Dean Evans) kicked ass and their soundtracks were fucking fire.

flying_sq

Played the SNES games back in the day, would be interesting to see them brought into 2023, but I have no desire to replay them outside of a few hours in emulation. Don't forget about the secret room in the cliffs with all the much needed extra lives.

The Lost World? Now this was much worse than the NES game. Horribly difficult, with atrocious hit detection. I never got far in that game.
Oh my...yes...it was difficult. My 11 y/o mind could not wrap my head around why it was so hard. Still was a pretty impressive looking game comparatively to a lot of stuff at the time. I don't think I ever beat it if I remember, or maybe I did but with the help of a Gameshark many years later.

Played the SNES games back in the day, would be interesting to see them brought into 2023, but I have no desire to replay them outside of a few hours in emulation. Don't forget about the secret room in the cliffs with all the much needed extra lives.
This article is quite helpful

Impotaku

They have pulled this shit before, i thought the whole point of limited run was turning digital games into physical releases not releasing shit licensed games that already had regular print runs decades ago. These are not rare gems that failed to see a wider audience they were shovelware licensed dross that flooded the market with all the rest of it.

This is why they take so damn long because they keep stretching everything out taking on more & more projects instead of buckling down & getting releases for games they have already taken money for. It's wild some of the shit they have decided deserves a modern print run or even games that already had a normal physical retail switch release.

Last edited:

tusharngf

Limited Run Games has announced the Jurassic Park Classic Games Collection for modern consoles.

Celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Jurassic Park film, the collection adds new features to Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park Part 2: The Chaos Continues, including save states for each title, new in-game maps, and various quality-of-life fixes.

Physical and digital editions will be available, with boxed pre-orders beginning on September 1 and ending on October 15.

Source: https://www.videogameschronicle.com...unces-jurassic-park-classic-games-collection/

Power Pro

I played the SNES jurassic park a lot when I was younger, because I thought the first person parts were so immersive....ha. I never beat it though because the game did not have any save feature, and finding out where to go without internet guides was like impossible for my dumb young brain.

Too bad this collection is LRG, because I refuse to buy anything from them.

MiguelItUp

I remember both SNES games being pretty good. But the JP game on Genesis/Megadrive was HUGE in comparison. Shame they couldn't get it. I feel like what's there doesn't speak to a lot of people.

I'm surprised we never got a Trespasser remake/remaster/rerelease. What a unique game, especially at the time.

Mr1999

I was 12 years old when Jurassic Park came out, was absolutely hyped. I remember wanting the Genesis version of Jurassic Park but owned the SNES version instead. I always wondered why the Genesis version looked better and I believe some years ago a youtube video was released explaining why this was the case. Thanks for the heads up, don't see they have Genesis version so I might just pick up a switch version and a shirt, or maybe nothing.

Maybe the SNES game wasn't that good but it was a special experience. It was a hard as balls open world-ish game and you could argue it had survival horror elements. Definitely worth playing it at least once

Mr1999

I remember it being difficult too, I don't think I got far with the snes version. I'm gonna pass on this one, not only because of LRG, but no genesis version. I would have broken down for the Genesis version without hesitation. My wallet has set the bar high for this one and I can't get bamboozled into buying every flashy thing that comes my way.

Although it does look very nice. I don't know how I feel about LRG, I'm sure some people collect everything they release and maybe its become a hoarding problem for som. Also a lot of these limited games aren't that limited. A lot of people buy it for the sake of reselling later on, which I get, but I'm not going to get rich off of it. You gotta hold onto these things for 10s of years and who knows how much LRG are holding merchandise for themselves.

Last edited:

cireza

In retrospect, I like it a hell of a lot more than the PS1 Lost World game.
Of course, it was a much better game ! Even if their effort on Saturn/PS1 was notable, with some clean 3D and good animation, we were still losing a lot in the transition from 2D to 3D. Games weren't as smooth and responsive.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The 8-and 16-bit era of Jurassic Park games returns this year!

This Carbon Engine release not only includes a lineup of seven classic Jurassic Park titles but also adds new features, including save states for each game, new in-game maps, and various quality-of-life fixes that bring these games into the modern era of gaming.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Jurassic Park on the SNES is a game that was very difficult as a child, now I'm almost finishing it.

Besides the fact that I had rented it from a video store in Mexico, they only had 3 days to complete it.

I love it because it still has that 90s feel in its music, and the first Jurassic Park movie was a milestone in the era and cinema... Jurassic Park 2, the movie, seemed like shit to me.

And the Jurassic Park 2 game on the SNES was more focused on Action, a western alternative to Contra 3.

Last edited:
Jurassic Park on the Genesis was amazing as a kid who was a fan of the movie. It was downright terrifying and super immersive at the time. The cutscene intro with the intense soundtrack, man what a time to be a kid. We had it so good.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Jurassic Park on the Genesis was amazing as a kid who was a fan of the movie. It was downright terrifying and super immersive at the time. The cutscene intro with the intense soundtrack, man what a time to be a kid. We had it so good.
It has not aged well.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
This is perfect for anyone who forgot why licensed games were so maligned back in the day.

Let's not pretend that these are worth revisiting.

Top Bottom