• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Classic Jurassic Park Video Games Getting Re-Released

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Limited Run Games teased the Jurassic Park Anniversary Retro Collection on Twitter with an image featuring several copies of the original games. In the image, NES, SNES, and Game Boy versions of Jurassic Park can be seen, as well as SNES and Game Boy versions of Jurassic Park Part 2: The Chaos Continues. The image can be found in the Tweet embedded below.

Interestingly enough, the image does not contain the Sega Genesis or Game Gear versions. Those games were published by Sega, as opposed to Ocean Software, which handled the Nintendo versions. That might prevent Limited Run Games from re-releasing those games, but there's really no way of knowing for sure. For now, fans of the franchise will just have to wait patiently to see what gets announced during the company's showcase in June!

Drizzlehell

Banned
Where's my god damned Trespasser?

Replay_tresspasser_600.jpg

Man I loved the Sega Genesis games, both the original and Rampage Edition. I also enjoyed the Game Boy one too, but it's admittedly a very hard game.

Toots

Gold Member
Where's my god damned Trespasser?

Replay_tresspasser_600.jpg
Everyone interested by this game (or those tits) should watch this let's play : https://lparchive.org/Jurassic-Park-Trespasser/
Really interesting walkthrough with a wealth of insider infos (i memory serves me right, it's been years since i watched it)

Weird idea to re-release those games, which were pretty bad, even with the Jurassic Park coat of paint...

Drizzlehell

Banned
We need this either officially released and ported as is or remade in Unreal 5 and released.
I've been dreaming about this for so many years. That game was way ahead of its time and even though the execution was terrible, some of its technical aspects were super impressive. And I liked the atmosphere, it captured the feel of JP quite well.

Also, I think that with this weird hand mechanic, a remake of this would work best as a VR game.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Everyone interested by this game (or those tits) should watch this let's play : https://lparchive.org/Jurassic-Park-Trespasser/
Really interesting walkthrough with a wealth of insider infos (i memory serves me right, it's been years since i watched it)

Weird idea to re-release those games, which were pretty bad, even with the Jurassic Park coat of paint...
Damn, hard to believe that this was made in the early days of YT. Those classic LPs were so good, back when it was an actual curated thing.

kunonabi

I left my my snes on all summer since we had to go on vacation in order to beat the Snes version of JP since I didn't want to start all over.

The NES was less of a chore but I really don't see myself playing through either of them again.

I'd have been totally down if the Genesis stuff was in.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member

This is one of the first let's plays I'd seen at the time...years and years ago and it set a standard that I didn't realize, until I watched a few other LP's that were just so much less interesting.

---------------------------------------

I LOVED Jurassic Park on the Genesis as a kid. I remember finding out a really cool easter egg discovery that if you looked in the game manual, on the section that explained passwords, it had a screenshot of a password that essentially skipped the hardest level of the game for me at the time. I thought I was so clever when I discovered that.

Jurassic Park on Genesis was a better game and better experience than that weird thing they released for the SNES. I'm pretty sure I got Jurassic Park: Lost World as one of my first games too for PSX on Christmas morning remember being blown away by the graphics at the time.

Last edited:

Tsaki

I was hoping for Warpath; Jurassic Park. Dinosaur fighting game was a legit idea.

Oh wow. I remember playing this at a friend's PS1 and being so jealous of it, since I was all about dinosaurs when I was a kid (due to Jurassic Park naturally).

Davesky

Glad they decided to skip the Mega Drive version, those baby raptors are better left in the past and forgotten.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
The NES/GB game wasn’t THAT bad. It was hard as nails though, what with fuzzy hit detection, old-school traps (some loot crates would hide bombs that would damage you, so funny!), and some almost random “boss” sequences. I managed to beat the GB game back in my day.

I always read the SNES game is ridiculously long and has no save function, which is incredible for a 1993 game. I think I’ll try it someday.

Saw classic Jurassic Park games and hoped for the PS1 game where you controlled dinosaurs on combat and platforming levels. Such fun and scary times.
WPnujfA.png
The Lost World? Now this was much worse than the NES game. Horribly difficult, with atrocious hit detection. I never got far in that game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
1) Fuck LRG
2) Operation Genesis was the only good Jurassic Park game

Top Bottom