• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CivicScience survey: PlayStation owners spend more time playing games than their Xbox counterparts. Xbox households better off financially on average.

Does the survey findings accurately depict reality as perceived by you?

• Total voters

Redlight

You conveniently left out this from your consideration of the analysis;

l6IlNPb.png

Showing parents are more likely to be buying their kids an Xbox as a gift (Higher income due to marriage and older)

PlayStation on the other hand is bought by the gamer themselves more often (younger and more single income)

What you can take from this is that Xbox is a brand (Karens) buy for their kids cause they are out of touch with tech and more often go for what is cheaper or what the attendant tries to sell them.

Wonder if they will conduct a post Bethesda announcement poll?

Hopefully they will. We've seen a few online. Not much has changed. Trends continue to heavily favor PS.

It may however have changed an Xbox diehard on the brink of doing the unthinkable (getting a PS) from doing so... albeit, the wait continues.

Some of these graphs are based on as little as 250 responses. I wouldn't be putting too much faith in this survey.

A single survey doesn't tell the whole story. The agglomeration of many do make a trend.

Last edited:
So nearly half of the people interested in buying the Xbox Series X never play games.

I guess they really did think they were buying a fridge.

Xbox es fan base doesn't buy games? Hence the reason they are more financially stable? I don't get it

Tschumi

*smirk* and people were giving me lip for my thread..

Reminds me of the Kent cigarettes ad in Goodnight and Good Luck.. "if you smoke kent ... You are well above average in intelligence ..."

Thirty7ven

Banned
Xbox gamers only care about nfl and shooters so I’m not surprised. They buy less games and spend more time on Netflix. Checks out.

Last edited:
  • PlayStation is the more popular choice for next-gen adoption (however with closer margin difference than previous polls conducted online elsewhere - maybe due to U.S only focus? - which in itself is interesting insofar as U.S splits are concerned?)

Pretty weird that you underline all that when the very massive title on the article is this mate -

Intent to Buy New PlayStation, Xbox Consoles Neck-and-Neck This Holiday Season
42% Xbox and 58% Sony.

nyr88nyg

Banned
This poll contradicts Xbox owners’ obsession with game pass being a good deal. Being in good financial standing aren’t worried about that.

This poll contradicts Xbox owners’ obsession with game pass being a good deal. Being in good financial standing aren’t worried about that.

I think it has got more to do with carrying the company line forward by the hardcore diehards. Influencers on youtube on the other hand do it for views, traffic and content (something to talk about) + to help MS out while helping themselves + for access and the freebies.

lock2k

Banned
You conveniently left out this from your consideration of the analysis;

l6IlNPb.png

Showing parents are more likely to be buying their kids an Xbox as a gift (Higher income due to marriage and older)

PlayStation on the other hand is bought by the gamer themselves more often (younger and more single income)

What you can take from this is that Xbox is a brand (Karens) buy for their kids cause they are out of touch with tech and more often go for what is cheaper or what the attendant tries to sell them.

Ayyyy lmao

Obviously anecdotal but after seeing this as well, and looking at the usual NPD charts;.... you may be into something.

pic.png

Wait how are people on XBOX Live on their Playstation? Is this the xcloud shit? And how are there 200 people using a series X? WTF?

Last edited:

Compsiox

Banned
Confirmed broke PS4 owner here who plans to get a second job for his PS5.

Real thoughts, the sample size is so small for this study that none of the data is significant. I’d be curious to see where and how they polled this data.
"for consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one'. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else."

TLZ

Banned
you never bought stuff for a new hobby that sat in the garage...a new pair of skiis?...maybe you thought you would learn to rock climb

especially people with money...they just buy stuff....a fool and their money, etc, etc
That's a lot of them on the Xbox side though. Almost half of them. That's a big number.

Makes sense when you have guys on here talking about how game pass is for "poor" people and snubbing the idea while they happily preorder an unreleased 500 dollar console and 2 unreleased games for 140 dollars.

When you manage your money that poorly, you probably do have less money than others and don't have much else going on in your life so you spend more time playing games.

Time has shown us again and again that waiting is good for your wallet. Even just a couple weeks can save you money and you still get the exact same game.I can't remember the last time I bought a game that wasn't on sale.

Difficult to tell because xbox is not popular here at EU.

I know 30-40 or more people with ps4 and zero with xbox only.

One with ps4 + xbone SAD edition which he got when they were on 99€ sale and he tested it once and got annoying how fucking slow everything is

highrider

Banned
Own both. I still enjoy last gen Xbox games more than most games coming out today. The majority of my gaming time is MCC, Lost Planet 1&2, Unreal Championship 2 and a few others.

Top Bottom