• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Chorus" releasing December 3rd for PS5, XsX, XsS, PC and Xbone

Bartski

Gold Member

Welcome to the world of Chorus and our latest trailer which introduces you to the story of ace pilot Nara, a fugitive on a quest to destroy the dark cult that created her, facing her haunted past along the way.
Along with her sentient starfighter Forsaken, Nara explores ancient temples, engaging zero-g combat and fighting to unite the resistance forces against the cult (known as the Circle) and their leader, the Great Prophet.
The trailer highlights Nara and Forsaken’s deep bond and redemption arc to overthrow the cult via intense cutscenes; the epic space adventure across the galaxy, with various quests and a rebellion lead; and the kinetic spectacle of intuitive space action combat through maneuvers, powers and weapons.
Pre-order and receive the Elder Armor skin set. Resplendent in gold and purple livery, reserved only for the most exalted members of the Circle, the Elder Armor harks back to Nara’s military past. This cosmetic pack can be applied to Forsaken as well as all three of the starting weapons; the Gatling Gun, Missile Launcher and Laser Cannon.
Chorus will release on 3rd December 2021. Pre-order now for Xbox Series X and Xbox One, PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, Google Stadia and PC via Epic Games Store, Steam and Amazon Luna.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The worst trailer I've seen in... I really cannot remember.

The space shooter bits look fun, even if the art-direction manages the difficult feat of looking both gaudy and bland simultaneously. But, the VO, the disjointed lore and world building, the cringe-worthily on-the-nose sloganeering, just KILL it.

Marketing team needs firing. That was simply bad, bad, bad.

Kuranghi

That made me much more excited for it, love that the framerate looks stable as well. Also I thought this was Xbox console only judging by previous showings, glad to see its on PS5 in case its technically a mess on PC.

Looks like a jolly good silly space romp, Star Fox + Strike Vector ftw.

CamHostage

I was wondering what had happened to this game. Looked cool, and there's not much out there for space combat (Star Wars Squadrons was a big one recently, but this has a different, more fast-paced vibe,) hope it turns out to be good.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I've been very interested in this game since the first trailer. Good to see it's still coming out this year.

EDIT: Didn't realize this was a deeper dive. Now im even more excited for this!

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Most of that looked like gameplay?... I'm not sure what you're looking for.
A mission play through.
Knowing Gi Joe GIF by MOODMAN

Kuranghi

*mega boost followed by spinning ship noise*

I'm sure we'll see a mission playthrough soon meatman. I'm even more excited now I've watched that a 2nd time, it sounds like it could have metroidy elements going by the line about "regaining powers". The sound design is silly and great.

jaysius

Banned
Most of that looked like gameplay?... I'm not sure what you're looking for.
In 2021 when you see snippets of gameplay that are one second or less than five, in a trailer with shitty quick cuts, this is sometimes a big red flag, not a stylistic choice which is what they'll make most people think.

In 2021 when you see snippets of gameplay that are one second or less than five, in a trailer with shitty quick cuts, this is sometimes a big red flag, not a stylistic choice which is what they'll make most people think.

Or it's just a way they decided to cut their trailer.

It can just be a bad trailer... it doesn't have to be a conspiracy.

Last edited:
Shame that most of the people don't give a fuck about this game.

I hope that It gets decent reviews and sells well.

We need more space shooters.
Wing Commander and Colony Wars good old times.

Game will sure look good on my ambilight OLED.😆

Last edited:

Lightjolly

Neo Member
The trailer is absolutely fine, shows plenty of gameplay and gives the story premise clearly. I have no idea what some of you were expecting, maybe Anthem or No man's sky level bullshots

Preview gameplay has been out for a while anyways

The games main theme dropped yesterday

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Of the many cross-gen titles announced last year, one seemingly slipped through the cracks – Chorus, a space combat title from Fishlabs (of Galaxy on Fire fame) and Deep Silver.

It's out on December 3rd for Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5, PC and Google Stadia, and promises fast-paced action with a deep single-player narrative. Let's take a look at 10 things you should know before picking it up.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
yeah, waiting for those as well. Gameplay looks tight.

Yeah, looks good. But I am a bit worried that they haven't got reviews - doesn't sound very confident. Shame if not. TBH, I doubt I'll play it with Halo on the Horizon but it'd be nice to have it in waiting.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
An 86 on Metacritic from a site I haven't heard of and when I click through it says it can't find the review.

Still, 86.

John Bilbo

The drifting mechanic was a bit weird to grasp at first, but basically it just turns the ship into a moving turret with free aim for a limited time.

Based on the demo the game looks nice and runs well, but controls are a bit clunky. Also I am not a fan of the protagonist whispering things while in battle.

john2gr

An 86 on Metacritic from a site I haven't heard of and when I click through it says it can't find the review.

Still, 86.

The embargo has just been lifted, so you will find now numerous reviews ;).

For those wondering, the game does not have any Ray Tracing effects at launch (they will add them via a post-launch update). It does support though NVIDIA's DLSS. It also runs great on PC (100-150fps in 4K/Max Settings on an RTX3080 without DLSS).

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
There is also a demo on Steam.
Don't think there actually is though? I can see it in the little pop-up when I search for it but otherwise when I click on it I'm just redirected to the store page for the full game.

Last edited:

John Bilbo

Don't think there actually is though? I can see it in the little pop-up when I search for it but otherwise when I click on it I'm just redirected to the store page for the full game.
Must be due to regional differences. I played the demo today for 40 minutes.

Ahh! Totally missed that. Thank ye kindly.
Yeah they kinda hid it this time for some reason lol.

I got the full game, I like it, it’s a pretty game and the characters seem interesting. Ima hold off on my play through tho got some other stuff to finish up.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Enter a dark new universe and explore epic locations in the highly anticipated Chorus, out today.

Chorus follows ace pilot Nara and her sentient ship Forsaken on their compelling journey of redemption, expertly balancing the spectacle of space exploration with frenetic, fast-paced action. Explore epic cosmic vistas and tight crystalline corridors as you fight to free the galaxy from mysterious cult, the Circle.

The Circle is ruled by The Great Prophet, but not much is known about this mysterious figure. Under his command Nara and Forsaken were responsible for many of the cult’s major victories and atrocities on their path to dominate the galaxy. Once the Circle’s deadliest warrior, Nara is now their most wanted fugitive.

With Chorus, FISHLABS has taken the nostalgic feel from classic space shooters and expertly blended it together with a contemporary mindset, evolving the spirit of these games.

Last edited:

aries_71

I was enjoying the game a lot, until I reached the part where they introduce the drift mechanism.

What a disaster.

Last edited:

Duchess

I was enjoying the game a lot, until I reached the part where they introduce the drift mechanism.

What a disaster.
Really? Wow, what happened? I've wishlisted this game to get at some point in the future. Is the drift really that bad?

KAOS

Hellblade meets Knight Rider in space! Cumbersome controls and limited button allocations bring the game down somewhat but the game's combat and visuals are pretty good! That drift mechanic would've been nice if it offered a Max Payne bullet time effect!

Top Bottom