• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chorus Gameplay Footage (IGN)

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

"In Chorus you'll take control of formidable warrior and gifted pilot, Nara, and embark on a quest to take down the dark cult that created her. Travel through the galaxy in Forsaken, Nara's sentient ship, explore ancient temples, experiment with Nara's powerful abilities, and engage in zero-gravity combat in this upcoming space game."

"Chorus is scheduled to release on December 3, 2021 on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC via Steam and Epic Games Store."

Looks intriguing. It's also only 40 bucks.

Lightjolly

Neo Member
Gameplay looks much more fluid than everspace 2, characters also seem to be more interesting. Really excited for this, despite it going to go completely underneath everyone's radar.

Hope it reviews well

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
It seems to solve many issues with controls and mobility I usually have with such games. Looks really cool, haven't played sth like this in ages. Maybe will land on gamepass soonish? I'll wait.

Vaelka

The ships '' cool and edgy '' voice was incredibly corny, and I don't exactly think that was the intent lol.

That aside the gameplay looks smooth as hell.
I do worry a little that the environments will be repetitive tho they looked fairly uninspired.
But gameplay was spot on.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
I got hopes for this. Really need a good space sim experience. I haven't scratched that itch since the early 2000s sadly. Elite and Star Citizen didn't have any good gameplay loops imho. No Mans Sky was good, but didn't retain me very long. I've never liked the Egosoft X series of space sims either. Everspace 2 intrigues me, but I've sworn off early access, especially after Star Citizen.

Space sims really need something.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Looks like EVERSPACE 2 except better aesthetics, performance and controls.

. . .some odd camera work though.

spartan30gr

This needs either a demo or to be Gamepass... or both.

It does look ok, I wonder if the level are "handcrafted" jesus in 2021, you have to ask that because of how rampant the AIDS level virus of randomly generated trash levels are in gaming now.
It will not.My mistake

Last edited:

Lightjolly

Neo Member
I got hopes for this. Really need a good space sim experience. I haven't scratched that itch since the early 2000s sadly. Elite and Star Citizen didn't have any good gameplay loops imho. No Mans Sky was good, but didn't retain me very long. I've never liked the Egosoft X series of space sims either. Everspace 2 intrigues me, but I've sworn off early access, especially after Star Citizen.

Space sims really need something.
Are freelancer and freespace 2 still considered the gold standard for space shooters?

It's not on GamePass.
200.gif

PSYGN

The maneuvers and flight animation look too stiff and abrupt which juxtaposes the otherwise fluid look of the game. Still I think I might check it out.

Last edited:
The maneuvers and flight animation look too stiff and abrupt which juxtaposes the otherwise fluid look of the game. Still I think I might check it out.
Nah once you get the flight down its fun as hell, feels pretty smooth to me, I been playing the past few hours and I actually really like the game.

If you game on PC they have a demo, its about 9gb I think, check it out. Its actually a pretty cool game, nothing super big or major or anything, but pretty solid

I don't know if they put the demo out there for console players, but I think it may really help this game out as far as publicity cause there isn't a lot.

Last edited:

lefty1117

Gold Member
From what I saw I think Everspace 2 looks better, the controls seem more fluid, however I will give this a try since there's a demo.

hlm666

Everspace 2 looks better and is on gamepass. Incase people didn't know Everspace 2 isn't like the first game, it's no longer a roguelike it's like a space looter shooter. Do quests, get loot from rewards and killing things to upgrade your ship etc.

Everspace 2 looks better and is on gamepass. Incase people didn't know Everspace 2 isn't like the first game, it's no longer a roguelike it's like a space looter shooter. Do quests, get loot from rewards and killing things to upgrade your ship etc.
Must be PC only. Was wondering why I hadn't heard of it.

Chorus is on my wishlist now. Looks awesome. I gotta beat some games first though.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
I really want to play everspace, but I'm waiting for it to leave early access and have a full release. That might be stupid though. Friends have told me the loop is really fun but it needs more endgame content? Definitely want to play it.

Lightjolly

Neo Member

Though Everspace 2 does have more gameplay variety because of the different ship types, Chorus plays and feels much better and tighter

Last edited:

hlm666

Though Everspace 2 does have more gameplay variety because of the different ship types, Chorus plays and feels much better and tighter
If that's true (I havn't played chorus yet) my comment may have been a bit of a hot take, it sounds like I may have compared borderlands to doom. I still think everspace 2 is better for me, but I can see where your coming from if someone prefers to just run n gun so to speak and it's a full release.

Must be PC only. Was wondering why I hadn't heard of it.
Sorry didn't realise it was only on pc.

I really want to play everspace, but I'm waiting for it to leave early access and have a full release. That might be stupid though. Friends have told me the loop is really fun but it needs more endgame content? Definitely want to play it.
I totally understand waiting for the full thing. They only recently added another content drop, I normally wouldn't pay to play something in early access but it turned up on gamepass so just rolled with it and enjoyed it more than expected. I really liked the first game and when they moved away from that style to the new arpg like mechanics wasn't expecting much honestly.

Top Bottom