• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chivalry 2 - Open Beta Announce | Dev Diary

This game is somehow both badass and hilarious at the same time. Had great times with the first one! Love that this one is only $40 and has crossplatform play! More ppl need to be into this

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It's looking as fun as the first. Just need to improve/overhaul the controls with pad and we're good.

Last edited:

Larxia

It's looking as fun as the first. Just need to improve/overhaul the controls with pad and we're good.
I really can't imagine chivalry being played with a controller, you would really lose a lot of speed, and if it has crossplay, someone with a controller would get destroyed by someone with a mouse since the combats, even if they are melee, are totally based on camera rotation / aiming.
I mean I guess it's doable on controller vs controller, would just be a slower game, but controller vs mouse on this seems not ideal, like shooters.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I really can't imagine chivalry being played with a controller, you would really lose a lot of speed, and if it has crossplay, someone with a controller would get destroyed by someone with a mouse since the combats, even if they are melee, are totally based on camera rotation / aiming.
I mean I guess it's doable on controller vs controller, would just be a slower game, but controller vs mouse on this seems not ideal, like shooters.
Good point. Mainly for my kids to play honestly. They really liked the first.

Larxia

My dream is a game like this but 1000vs1000 or something.
If we start talking about dreams, I always thought a Star wars game like this with lightsabers would be super cool. There are actually mods for it in Chivalry, but a whole game like this could be pretty cool.

nani17

are in a big trouble
i can see it now pay twitch streams to build hype everyone buys it aaaannnnd boom 4 months meh

MiguelItUp

Will it be better than Mordhau?
In my opinion, from what I've played, it most certainly will. That's just with the time I've had with the closed alpha and beta. I'm sure at full release it will be even better across the board of course.

Mordhau was an upgrade to the original Chivalry, but of course the team knew they needed to up it in every possible way to complete, and I think they are doing just that.

Really looking forward to release, definitely one of my most wanted titles this year. I've had more fun with what I've played thus far than a lot of other things as of late.

Last edited:
In my opinion, from what I've played, it most certainly will. That's just with the time I've had with the closed alpha and beta. I'm sure at full release it will be even better across the board of course.

Mordhau was an upgrade to the original Chivalry, but of course the team knew they needed to up it in every possible way to complete, and I think they are doing just that.

Really looking forward to release, definitely one of my most wanted titles this year. I've had more fun with what I've played thus far than a lot of other things as of late.

Will definitely get on release, loved Chivalry and Mordhau. I was tempted by the beta access, but not something I usually do.

Top Bottom