• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child Abuse Scandal in UK grows to implicate MPs, celebs - Update Posts #900/#1100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has DECK'ARD been watching too many noir films and somehow thinks he's some amazing investigatory journalist who is the only one that can link this stuff together and will bring down all the bad guys?

This thread seems to be more of an ego trip for him than a discussion about the actual issues. Pretty laughable.

Dambrosi

Banned
Well, he made Worms and loves Daft Punk, so there must be some method to this madness.

Though all this talk of the Undernet has me worried. Please don't tell me you've been messing with TOR, Andy.

strobogo

Banned
Man, I told you he was going crazy. When he started saying shit like being the creator of Worms comes in handy when you try to psychoanalyze people on the internet, he should have been banned for a week for his sanity. Or has multiple 5-7 replies in a row, to himself.

Someone get this replicant some help.

GolazoDan

tumblr_m9qwvdYZUs1qb38ax.jpg

I don't know what happened over the last couple of pages and I don't really want to involve myself or comment on it, but I do want to say thank you to dec'kard and everyone else, but primarily dec'kard for the updates related to the initial story.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Uh, hey DECK'ARD?

When I said all that about you being the crazy conspiracy guy in the movie with all the newspaper clippings on his wall and stuff?

That was a joke, not a blueprint for future action. Dial it back, bro.

Can someone sumerize what the hell this is. I know there is a giant sex abuse scandal in the UK but this seems to have turned into something else.

Can someone sumerize what the hell this is. I know there is a giant sex abuse scandal in the UK but this seems to have turned into something else.

From what I can tell:

Serious issue breaks
Serious issue snowballs
Serious issue is discussed
One conspiracy-knobend detracts from what should be a genuine and important discussion with his barrage of Serpico-wannabe shite

JonnyBrad

I was wondering why I was getting an earful for criticising some of Deck'ard's ommissions on his summaries. Now I realise I was arguing with a guy with a colander on his head.

This is basically how I've been watching this thread for the last few weeks.

What?! I'd like to say Thanks to DECK'ARD for looking through all this info and caring enough to keep it in the spotlight. What came to light is a thoroughly disgusting and systematic failure of all parties concerned with the well-being and care of vulnerable children.

I don't know what has gone on in the last few days, i'm as puzzled as anyone here but to start attacking DECK'ARD is a bit off in my view considering the work he put in to getting this into some form of order.

Jackpot

Banned
I don't know what has gone on in the last few days, i'm as puzzled as anyone here but to start attacking DECK'ARD is a bit off in my view considering the work he put in to getting this into some form of order.

He monopolised a thread about a terrible crime so it was all about him.

He was definitely doing great work in summarising everything initially, but the cracks did start to show a bit when people questioned some things which would be have been reasonable to include weren't in there. He responded to that in a really unfair and disproportionately aggressive way. I don't think it was intended as an egotrip or monopolisation of the thread, but it could be perceived as being that.
It looks like he's gone fully off the deep end since then, I hope he's okay.

What?! I'd like to say Thanks to DECK'ARD for looking through all this info and caring enough to keep it in the spotlight.

I don't want to get drawn into a big drama, but for me the thread went to crazy town in my estimation shortly after the Guardian piece revealing the tissue of lies on Newsnight. Which is why I stopped commenting.

We had people praising Icke for $INSERT_DEITY_OF_CHOICE_HERE's sake.

I don't want to get drawn into a big drama, but for me the thread went to crazy town in my estimation shortly after the Guardian piece revealing the tissue of lies on Newsnight. Which is why I stopped commenting.

We had people praising Icke for $INSERT_DEITY_OF_CHOICE_HERE's sake.

I'm pretty sure the Icke praise was tongue-in-cheek and along the lines of a stopped clock being right twice a day. I hope so at least.

SmokyDave

Well, that's that.

All credibility shot, everything is a big joke. The beat goes on.

See you all again in another couple of decades.

Whatever may have happened here, I hope Deck'ard is OK.

Well, that's that.

All credibility shot, everything is a big joke. The beat goes on.

See you all again in another couple of decades.

3rd times a charm, I'm sure when certain people are accused a 3rd time of abuse something might happen....they'll all be dead so they won't be able to sue people on Twitter.

This.

Please Deck'ard, consider going to see a doctor. Meds and therapy do help. I know from personal experience.

Being a programmer also, you have to realise that because our brains are logical, we see patterns that aren't there and it's easy to step off the edge and go a bit nuts.

Really confusing. Did someone threaten deck'ard or something? The sudden change is bizarre.

With the accused perusing legal action against people on Twitter that didn't even name him, and Deck here directly linking him to Jimmy Saville and encouraging people to distribute it far and wide?

No. No, I shouldn't think so.

With the accused perusing legal action against people on Twitter that didn't even name him, and Deck here directly linking him to Jimmy Saville and encouraging people to distribute it far and wide?

No. No, I shouldn't think so.

So you think it's likely then? It's the only thing that makes sense to me unless the guy has actually gone crazy. He didn't do this anonymously so if someone wanted to threaten legal action it would be easy enough.

I figured deckard was unhinged from his early posts in this thread. Now I'm 100% convinced.

It was all getting a little tin foil hat towards the end. There's more to this than will be uncovered now no doubt, but you would think everyone in Parliament and the Lords were all in on it together. The two pages where he lost it at Cyclops for asking for a more balanced summary were interesting to say the least.

I just want a proper investigation, not a circle jerk about the erratic behaviour of 24 hour TV/social networks.

That's what we all wanted and what we all feared. That the conversation would be diverted away from serious investigations into systematic child-abuse and more into process and procedure of the media and that's what happened.

Well played, shady characters, well played. It sickens me that the media would rather turn on each other like dogs and make a sham of the whole investigation than investigate an actual story. There again, they only go after what sells papers tomorrow and people buy them so it's no wonder we only get rags now.

Hopefully the actual inquiries will upset the apple-cart but i think the time to out these sickos has gone-by after the cannibalistic media frenzy.

Good luck, DECK'ARD. Thanks for at least trying.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
I just want a proper investigation, not a circle jerk about the erratic behaviour of 24 hour TV/social networks.

Everyone would like a proper investegation to blow the lid off the entire thing, but there's too many important persons at risk here, so everyone will keep scratching each other's backs to make sure nothing gets out and the ones involved gets off scot free.

Lol @ cyclopsrock getting his revenge on.
Pfft, I have no desire for 'revenge' - all I ever asked for is proof for the claims. I have absolutely no idea if Deck has been legally hounded, but he was making repeated allegations with no evidence and certainly no proof. Even without the Twitter stuff what he was saying was libelous. And it isn't like no one here tried to warn him of this (I don't mean myself).

He did a great job with this thread. I didnt think he was too agressive. I wonder what the hell happened as the last few pages are so odd.

justjohn

He did a fantastic job. Just thought all the praise went to his head and thought he could do what he wanted with impunity and no one could touch him.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom