• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child Abuse Scandal in UK grows to implicate MPs, celebs - Update Posts #900/#1100

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitch9

Banned
No one cares about the dictionary definition. They are pedos. End of

So if you were 16 and had sex with a 14 year old would that make you a Pedo? Its a tough subject this one and I struggle to see where the line is.

When I was 14 I had got with a 14 year old and although it was a while ago I remember all the lumps, bumps and hairs being in all the expected places.

I don't know what calendar I'm going to buy for my mum next year.

cliff_2014.jpg

So if you were 16 and had sex with a 14 year old would that make you a Pedo? Its a tough subject this one and I struggle to see where the line is.

When I was 14 I had got with a 14 year old and although it was a while ago I remember all the lumps, bumps and hairs being in all the expected places.

No because that is not what a pedo is.

mclem

Really?

I thought there were rumours about young 'guests' of his going back years. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

None of the accused have surprised me yet. In fact, if they're over 60 and have worked for the BBC, they can all go in the 'not shocked' pile. Except Russ Abbott. I wouldn't see that one coming.

Just hoping that Brian Cant, Derek Griffiths and Johnny Ball are clean. They're the ones who really defined my innocent years.

(And Floella Benjamin, I guess, but women don't seem to be particularly implicated)

(And Floella Benjamin, I guess, but women don't seem to be particularly implicated)

I met Floella a few years ago when I was working at a theme park and she's a prick. She actually used the "do you know who I am?" line on me.

She was with a bunch of kids too...

Duster

Man, you have to feel sorry for the poor sods who have to edit all the "best of Top of the Tops" type shows (themselves a workaround to remove Saville) to constantly remove more and more people.

Damn Challenge are screwed if Cliff Richard is found guilty because literally every quiz ever has a question relating to him.

Pointless will also never be the same again.

Craft

I'd like to put money on the cast of the Tweenies and this guy:

friends-song-432-243.jpg

Sometimes when I'm skipping through channels I come across this lad and I'm slightly concerned.

Mr Tumble(Justin Fletcher) was originally on the Tweenies, I think he played Jake & Doodles.

Mr Tumble is a great show, best thing about it is that I've picked up quite a bit of sign language(Makaton) from just watching the show with my son.

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5375/commentary-how-paedophile-peter-morrison-escaped-exposure

A good article about Peter Morrison, the systemic cover up in British parlaiment and more.

The people at the TOP know about this and do nothing. How am I meant to trust David Cameron with our economy if he doesn't even do anything about children being raped?

I don't man to pour cold water on it or anything, but the entire basis of that story is the person writing the article's friend telling him something 20 years ago that an anonymous other person had told him. The guy in question died 19 years ago and yet you say "How am I meant to trust David Cameron" - it sort of makes it sound like you have a bit of a political axe to grind.

Clearly there's a lot of mad, disgusting shit going on, but I don't think we should lower our bar for evidence as a result just because something fits a trend. For an outlet claiming to concentrate on evidence-based journalism, there's a remarkable lack of any there.

Moosichu

I don't man to pour cold water on it or anything, but the entire basis of that story is the person writing the article's friend telling him something 20 years ago that an anonymous other person had told him. The guy in question died 19 years ago and yet you say "How am I meant to trust David Cameron" - it sort of makes it sound like you have a bit of a political axe to grind.

Clearly there's a lot of mad, disgusting shit going on, but I don't think we should lower our bar for evidence as a result just because something fits a trend. For an outlet claiming to concentrate on evidence-based journalism, there's a remarkable lack of any there.

There's quotes from many politicians hinting at it. The link to the story about what Gyles Brandreth has written has more info as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom