• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child Abuse Scandal in UK grows to implicate MPs, celebs - Update Posts #900/#1100

Status
Not open for further replies.

8bit

Knows the Score
I say you need to share that shit, you're supposed to be able to get anything from the BBC as a license holder seeing as we have paid for it.

It's been ripped and is on the UK TV site that isn't UKNova.

Care (2000) [VHSrip(Xvid)]

Television film dealing with the issue of child abuse in local authority homes. Tells the story of a man, who was sexually abused whilst in care some fifteen years earlier.

Davey is 14 when he's caught stealing a packet of fags, and is sent to Glenavon children's home. It isn't long before he's singled out by the warden who begins to sexually abuse him. Physical and sexual abuse are routine, not only by staff of the home but also visitors, including a local magistrate. Davey tries to speak about the abuse, but quickly realises that a conspiracy set up by those in power makes his cries for help futile.
He is embarking on a new relationship and has apparently managed to blot out the experience fairly successfully, until allegations of abuse emerging in the media force him to confront his own nightmare.

Cast:
Steven Mackintosh, Jaye Griffiths, Maria Pride, Charlotte Cornwell, Lynn Hunter, Richard Harrington, Huw Davies, William Ivory, Andrew Seear, David Sibley, Jerome Willis, Simon Ludders, Gareth Potter, Helen Griffin, Lydia Lloyd Parry, Christian Patterson, Nathan Sussex, Craig Roberts, Millie Phillippart, Daniel Parker, Peter Wight, Aneirin Hughes, Clive Merrison, Kit Jackson, Morgan Hopkins, Stephen Scott, Rhys Parry Jones, Dorien Thomas, Ifan Huw Dafydd, Philip Howe, Geraint Thomas, Craig Gallivan , Mark Bishop, Greg Phillips, Alun Evans, Nathan Jones, Matthew James Thomas, Ben Evans.

Mindwipe

I say you need to share that shit, you're supposed to be able to get anything from the BBC as a license holder seeing as we have paid for it.

No you're not. Any BBC programme contains a bunch of third party copyrights and they'd get sued if they gave it to you.

I heard this at the time and saw the footage myself and couldn't make out a thing. Do you have an image to back this up?

Not one I'd be dumb enough to post myself.

It required looking at the HD feed though, probably wasn't legible on SD.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Sanity has been restored, so justice should soon follow.

The reason no one had found or linked all this information together before, was because information flows through the easiest channels. If there is a lot of (deliberate) noise in the system, it doesn't get out. Even the ground-breaking electronic music thread was affected by it, with an equal but opposite thing going on in the depths of the undernet.

The 2 are now not connected, you should find things very much faster. This will explain more, it takes a bit of brain-work but trust me it's worth it.

http://i.imgur.com/hJfRt.png

Sleep on it :)

I just followed the first domino that fell. You had such a mess because of how it all interlinked, once you uncross the streams you can start tidying it up. The disappearing posts in this thread probably had something to do with that.

I still fail to see why a dubstep remix of One More Time is related.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I still fail to see why a dubstep remix of One More Time is related.

Because I found out things like that corresponded to things on the undernet, so I redirected the traffic.

That dubstep/electro mix helping things get moving in the right directions again.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

The reason no one had found or linked all this information together before, was because information flows through the easiest channels. If there is a lot of (deliberate) noise in the system, it doesn't get out. Even the ground-breaking electronic music thread was affected by it, with an equal but opposite thing going on in the depths of the undernet.

The 2 are now not connected, you should find things very much faster. This will explain more, it takes a bit of brain-work but trust me it's worth it.

Uh wtf happened here.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
A clean up.

It's up to someone else to investigate where all the links go, but people have a lot of places to start from now. It turned out to be like a cancer, so you just traced it back and saw where new parts sprung off.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
CHEEZMO™;44708225 said:
Could mediGAF let me know if sudden-onset schizophrenia is a thing? Cheers.

I'm fine, just gonna grab some sleep though :)

The information is out there now, it should clean itself up.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Could you just explain it please? Everyone thinks you've gone crazy.

I'm ok, I just found a lot of links as you can tell in the OP. Then things got closer to NeoGAF and well that was then enough, so informed some people and I'll let them take care of it.

My job with this is done.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'm ok, I just found a lot of links as you can tell in the OP. Then things got closer to NeoGAF and well that was then enough, so informed some people and I'll let them take care of it.

I think I understand. Kind of.

Ashes

Banned

I hope you know what it is that you are expressing. Because this implies a link back to GAF.
Just to be clear are you saying your posts in here could spell legal trouble for gaf as in the case of those on twitter?
Or something else?

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I hope you know what it is that you are expressing. Because this implies a link back to GAF.
Just to be clear are you saying your posts in here could spell legal trouble for gaf as in the case of those on twitter?
Or something else?

Just reason to be alarmed that is all, not accusations.

Like I said, I feel my job is done in trying to raise awareness about it all for now unless something else breaks.

Ashes

Banned
Just reason to be alarmed that is all, not accusations.

Like I said, I feel my job is done in trying to raise awareness about it all for now unless something else breaks.

They can't do anything as the servers are overseas anyway. I've always thought of Neogaf as American.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
They can't do anything as the servers are overseas anyway. I've always thought of Neogaf as American.

From what I could work out it seemed to be one Internet stream mixed in with another going the other way.

Things can get posted to one of them, or both. With all the stuff on the Undernet being the stuff wanted tucked out of sight, when separated it would be much easier to link it all together like I did in the OP but I really don't want to start getting into that. I'll leave that to someone else.

Ashes

Banned
From what I could work out it seemed to be one Internet stream mixed in with another going the other way.

Things can get posted to one of them, or both. With all the stuff on the Undernet being the stuff wanted tucked out of sight, when separated it would be much easier to link it all together like I did in the OP but I really don't want to start getting into that. I'll leave that to someone else.

Well for what's it worth, I give you an AAA+ for effort. Sleep well.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
CHEEZMO™;44709529 said:
Undernet?

Seems so, but this is all getting way too big in scope now and I don't really want to start digging into what may be down there if all this was on the top already and we hadn't noticed :/

Jackpot

Banned

Now you sound exactly like a tinfoil hat guy. The only people who try to do an impression of "super-cryptic wise man" are idiots looking for attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom